Wonderboys inability to win close decisions

Yeah wonderboy refuses to stay in the pocket. Not his style.
Which is understandable, he shouldn't recklessly pursue KOs to please fans.

But his issue is much worse; he seems reluctant to win by stoppage, never ups his pace in an attempt to take it out of the judges hands. He's trying to win rounds, not beat anybody's ass though.

This is why he will come up short

But his issue is much worse; he seems reluctant to win by stoppage, never ups his pace in an attempt to take it out of the judges hands. He's trying to win rounds, not beat anybody's ass though.

And it doesn’t make sense last time around since he faced a fellow striker. Let loose for fuck sake... Maybe this is so ingrained in his style that the can't fight any another way competently

• 1999 I.S.K.A Georgia State Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 I.S.K.A Southeast Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 I.K.F South East Light Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 I.K.F National Amateur Tournament Middleweight Champion
  • 2000 P.K.C National Light Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 U.S.A.K.B.F North American Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2001 I.K.F National Amateur Tournament Light Heavyweight Champion
  • 2002 I.K.F National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
  • 2002 I.K.F North American Amateur Tournament Light Cruiserweight Champion
  • 2001 P.K.C National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
  • 2001 U.S.A.K.B.F Light Heavyweight Amateur World Champion
  • 2001 W.P.K.A Light Heavyweight Amateur World Champion
  • 2003 I.K.F Light Cruiserweight Amateur World Champion
  • 2003 I.A.K.S.A Cruiserweight World Champion
  • 2005 W.A.K.O Cruiserweight World Champion
These are all irrelevant titles. USAKBF North American Middleweight Amateur? LOL fuck off dude, you know nothing about kickboxing and it's pretty clear. Wonderboy has never been a WORLD champion like Machida was.

These are all irrelevant titles. USAKBF North American Middleweight Amateur? LOL fuck off dude, you know nothing about kickboxing and it's pretty clear

Maybe if you read them all you would see WPKA World Champion. IKF World Champion etc

Maybe if you read them all you would see WPKA World Champion. IKF World Champion etc
Amateur stuff. Irrelevant. The top guys in kickboxing are professionals and are in K1, Glory, Enfusion, Superkombat etc. Thompson was irrelevant in the kickboxing world. Machida was a world champion in the MMA sport.

Ehhh yeah I mean he definitely has. I dunno though I feel like WB is definitely looking for heavy damage/stun/KO when he throws his spinning heel kick early in the fight especially before rounds are done. He literally looks for his opening for it the whole fight.

I think you're right 100 percent with he doesn't up the pace when he's down on the cards/fight. I guess he just won't deviate from his game plan. I just don't agree wholeheartedly that he isn't looking for the stoppage during the fight.

And your point being what exactly?

You've yet to present a single argument for your opinion that Wonderbrah>>>Machida in mma.

And that old adage of "How do you beat a Taekwondo fighter? Punch him in the face." Always holds true.<CerseiPlotting>

And your point being what exactly?

You've yet to present a single argument for your opinion that Wonderbrah>>>Machida in mma.

And that old adage of "How do you beat a Taekwondo fighter? Punch him in the face." Always holds true.<CerseiPlotting>

1. Wonderboy was world champion in various Kickboxing organisations including WAKO
2. Machida was not
3.Wonderboy is a greater kicker
5. Wonderboy has no bad stylistic match-ups. Even wrestlers can't impose their own game.
6. Wonderboy has a better chin
7. Wonderboy is tougher

Inability to win decisions against the current champion and arguably one of the best welterweights of all time, and an undefeated smoking hot prospect who went 5-0-1 in the UFC so far, and was a stylistic matchup.

You have to take these things in context. He's literally fighting the best in the world.

Inability to win decisions against the current champion and arguably one of the best welterweights of all time, and an undefeated smoking hot prospect who went 5-0-1 in the UFC so far, and was a stylistic matchup.

You have to take these things in context. He's literally fighting the best in the world.

He's a beast. Woodley was intimidated. Wrestlers are supposed to eat kickers for breakfast

1. Wonderboy was world champion in various Kickboxing organisations including WAKO
2. Machida was not
3.Wonderboy is a greater kicker
5. Wonderboy has no bad stylistic match-ups. Even wrestlers can't impose their own game.
6. Wonderboy has a better chin
7. Wonderboy is tougher

Reading isn't your strength is it?

...<CerseiPlotting>

Mostly yes. My Taekwondo bros do tend to be impressed by their own kicks and neglect the guard. I don't!

He's a beast. Woodley was intimidated. Wrestlers are supposed to eat kickers for breakfast

Woodley did the same thing he does in every fight. He waits for guys to come to him and then explodes.

If anyone was intimidated it was Wonderboy.

Many fighters have shown how to beat Woodley...Back him up and don't give him room to breathe. Nate did it, Rory excelled at it. Wonderboy doesn't have the hands or willingness to engage to do so.

As I stated before, he is a counter fighter who cannot do anything else. He can't force the opposition into traps, and as soon as he is pressured by someone who can throw hands...See Brown.

Last edited:
Go back and read it again...Take your time...

Are you asking about my clip? I just showed that I know something about the subject, and Thompson is a FAR superior striker to Machida. Stop being impressed by Machidas MMA skills, he is not an outstanding striker like Thompson

Are you asking about my clip? I just showed that I know something about the subject, and Thompson is a FAR superior striker to Machida. Stop beeing impressed by Machidas MMA skills, he is not an outstanding striker like Thompson

In MMA he has outshined Wonderboy. Machida's karate is far better adapted to the sport. Something Wonderbrah isn't all too good at doing. Someone should tell him it's mma and not a Karate fight.

His hands, his timing, his fluidity between strikes and takedowns. His takedown defense as well as his footwork have clearly shown which is better in MIXED MARTIAL ARTS.

Which is the entire argument you run away from with Wonderboy's past accolades.

Remember only one of the two has touched gold using their style. The other lost to Matt Fucking Brown.<NoneOfMy>

PS...You still can't read...and it will most likely show in your response.lol

Back