Woodley and Dan Hardy twitter war | Page 5

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Luke Thomas Rockhold, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Kryptt Dead Belt

Kryptt
    Keep trying to convince yerself Woodley. As if people can't figure out what they like to see in champions.

[​IMG]

2. PapaBherd Brown Belt

PapaBherd
    That's true. He did try to discredit the streak Thompson had at that point, and it only exarcebated the negative perception people had of him. His gripes with Dana, though, are as legit as they come. Sadly, very few will see it that way given the circumstances.

There's probably not a fighter in the UFC at the moment who needs to step away from the press ans social media than him because whatever he says will simply be dismissed as whining.

IngaVovchanchyn likes this.
  3. BAKM Blue Belt

BAKM
    Doesn't matter if he's been a champ or not. I've never been the president of the united states, but I am more than capable of criticizing one. I would like to believe that most people want a champion to behave the way Hardy described.

Kirin and GoldenAzazel like this.
  4. mangokush Brown Belt

mangokush
    Dan Hardy is ignorant of the fact Woodley is one of the greatest fighters in the modern era of MMA who has defended the WW belt more regularly than other UFC champs and who speaks against the racism in MMA but of course the majority of the MMA community will be racist towards him via hiding behind the let's spam sarcastic remarks on social media and Youtube videos of everything being racist in order to insult him more.

Some throw in actual racist remarks in there and try to slide it in as part of the sarcasm.

These dudes are hurt by their great white hopes losing. Hurt by Rashad and Rampage/Chuck, Wonderboy/Woodley twice, Nunes/Shevchenko twice and just recently Cyborg/ Holm.

Shutting down Maia's BJJ ability with supreme TDD just made it even worse.

Clinging onto the only white hope who actually got a UD over Woodley in Rory MacDonald or reaching even further with the roided Nate Marquardt fight earlier in Woodley's career.

This is part of the racism that Woodley is talking about which was confirmed even more so when an MMA podcast lead by former UFC HW Brandon Schuab made a racial twitter post about how the Fox Panel had just black people only.

Justice prevailed though when one of the UFC Fox panellists, legendary MMA veteran Yves Edwards spoke out well against Brandon Schaub and made him apologize for that blatant racist remark on twitter.

Now Hardy is trying to advise Woodley that he has to conform to a racial stereotype like the Mandingo fighter or the "thug" or the over the top arrogant "baller" just to get that "money" fight and even be liked as a champion.

Respect to Woodley for speaking well against it.

@OvaltineJenkins likes this.
  5. KevinLee ✮ ✮ RICH KING LIVING IN JEICES HEAD✮ ✮

KevinLee
    Thats not the same lol. Being UFC champion isnt comparable to being president lol. I would expect something so stupid to come out a Conor fans mouth.

6. cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are

cooks1
    I liked this and unliked it, just so I could like it again

My God Hardy is a Cunt isn't he.

As a fighter, he was literally the biggest cunt in UFC history. Then he started the commentary. And while he was certainly still an A-Level, athletic and explosive cunt, I found myself overlooking that because large chunks of his commentary were remarkably lucid and on point.

But now here he is going full cunt again. You just don't do that.

Johnnny likes this.
  7. BearGrounds A great many scalps.

BearGrounds
    On The Frontier west of the Hudson River.
    Wrong.

If he took to social media demanding a top contender ASAP (say, RDA) and promising to obliterate them outright, without a care in the world about how much money it made him, nobody with a head on their shoulders would call him a whiner.

Certainly not me.

If he can't do that, and wants to continue crying about being a victim in every way possible, then yea, he needs to step away.

Kirin and GoldenAzazel like this.
  8. BAKM Blue Belt

BAKM
    You're an idiot buddy. The point is you don't have to be a cook to judge a meal, or a movie director to judge a film. What Hardy said was obvious to anybody. But what can I expect with someone who dedicated his account to a great value conor knockoff.

9. Championstuff Brown Belt

Championstuff
    That guys twitter handle is Dana White Privilege lol

FireKidWS likes this.
  10. DaveHilly Black Belt

DaveHilly
    that is some great advice from Hardy, hopefully woodly takes it

11. PapaBherd Brown Belt

PapaBherd
    In the 2 years he's been champion, have you seen him do that? Him doing that is as likely as Nate not wanting to fight Conor.

12. BearGrounds A great many scalps.

BearGrounds
    On The Frontier west of the Hudson River.
    Which is why he'll continue to earn the label "whiner". And why? Because he simply is one.

13. AC1D1K Red Belt

AC1D1K
    hardy not good guy. jealous

14. KevinLee ✮ ✮ RICH KING LIVING IN JEICES HEAD✮ ✮

KevinLee
    Being a UFC champion is the same as judging a meal lol ? Your a cave dweller telling Tyron Woodley how to be a champion lol. Same with Dan Hardy, he never even sniffed a UFC title, yet hes telling Woodley how to be a champion lol. Thats idiotic.

15. Kung Fu Tze MMA Moderator

Kung Fu Tze
    Talk is cheap outside the cage... Woodley should be worried about Dos Anjos... and making an exciting fight.

16. loyalyolayal Double Yellow Card

loyalyolayal
    Have you seen him on JRE? He's salty that Rogan had to mildly call him out on his insecurities.

17. Sunken Yellow Card

Sunken
    20140521121335_IMG_2925.JPG Unknown-3.jpeg

just saying.. maybe its a marketing scheme ... genius

18. Jackonfire Senior Moderator

Jackonfire
    I like Hardy but he's way out of line here and doesn't see the situation for what it is.

Woodley has done absolutely everything the UFC has asked him to do and look where thats gotten him. He's fought often. He's fought everyone the UFC has picked for him to fight. And people bitch and people moan. So Woodley says how about a money fight, something the fans would like to see.

And all the fans are like "stfu and fight who the UFC tells you" which of course is exactly what he's been doing all along while fans bitch.

I saw Dan tweet this earlier today and one of the 1st responses nailed it. It was something along the lines of "What the fuck do you know about being a champ?"

As I said, I like Hardy, be he has no clue what its like to not only be a champ, but to be fighting in the UFC today. He hasn't competed since 2012, over 6 years ago and under different ownership.

He embarrassed himself with this exchange.

19. Local Plata Hitchslap Belt

Local Plata
    What is this, TMZMMA?

20. CutStryker Purple Belt

CutStryker
    IF you want to be recognized as the best you have to show the fans that you are. Woodley isn’t showing me too much to represent the best. IMO. Can’t be the best when you’re getting decisions.