Woodley and Dan Hardy twitter war

I like Hardy but he shouldn’t make such comments in public. Talk to Woodley in private if you want to give him sincere advice.

Hardy fought the real champ and lost though.

Woodley wants to hold on to his spot at the top with as many easy fights as possible. Not everyone has the just bleed fight god spirit like Holloway for example.

Can’t blame him for playing the game and looking out for himself. Especially when the entire mma scene is littered with fighters who have been taken advantage of for years to the point of the “union” discussion has been going on forever.

He’s also not the first last or only guy to ever play the race card. I don’t even think he plays it as much as he truly feels that way. And why wouldn’t he with all the shit that got stirred up in his home town.

At least he’s not Colby cringe level with a routine so desperate and lame that people throw boomerangs at your head.

Woodley tried and is trying to get money and sadly just doesn’t have a good act or an angle that makes it impossible to not bend to his demands. He’s a boring yet highly effective fighter .....he’s also an extremely bland personality; genuinely and professionally.

He’s had the good fortune of the Ufc doing all kinds of shit show interim circus matchmaking lately and his division really not having a clear cut #1 contender.

Dan hardy in this spot comes off as a jealous hater imo. Trying to act like he’s some legend giving elite advice by pointing out what other people(sherdog keyboard warriors most likely) are saying on “twitter” , the holy trinity Ufc career path bible that woodley oughta be making his career decisions based on apparently.

Hopefully the last style bender drops to 170 and wins a few fights. He would be an undeniable contender that could easily turn into a money fight and would make everyone happy.

Diaz Conor gsp ain’t happened.

Rda probably not either tbh

For now he’s gonna be shadow boxing yves Edwards in the fox studio
I love your comparison to Holloway and it’s ecactly right. Holloway said a long time ago that everyone is worried about getting a money fight, instead of becoming the money fight. A few years later he won the belt and put on performances like the one against Lamas where he had the fight won and still threw down in the center of the cage. He also stood toe to toe with Aldo and cane out standing like a boss. That’s who I want to watch fight.

Hardy is absolutely right, and him not winning a belt doesn’t mean he can’t state his opinion. Woodley has all the tools to be a draw but shoots himself in the foot when he speaks or after dull performances. Dan may not have ever been champion, but I would tune into every single one of his fights which is more then I can say about woodley.

Is there really a debate on if Dan is right or not? How many whiners can you name that turned into big draws. The only exceptions I can think of is the Diaz brothers.

I like Woodley. He seems a good guy to me.
Me too. Seems like a genuine, funny, intelligent guy.

But he's just read the game wrong. Fighting desperately not to lose on the feet of every title defence, constantly whining about internet racism (he's obviously never read any twitter responses before his own), calling out draw fighters that aren't even competing, and then fueding with the boss because he's not getting away with things...he continually shoots himself in the foot.

Hardy is dead right here, but maybe he should have just chatted with him in person instead of plastering it over the internet.

If you make a product and nobody likes it, you don’t just bitch about the consumers. You find a way to make it more marketable. Woodley needs to pay attention.

I hate Tyrone as a athlete is all I’ve come to say. Don’t know him personally but his attitude is annoying as hell. And he is one of those racist blm lunatics who only care about race, merit be damned. The moron has made it about race, and that’s why people don’t like him.

Woodley's defining fight will come, as did Stripe's but cut down on the moaning it is tiresome.

Lot of "respect" being thrown around.

- - -

It's as if Woodley is the first champion to have a few boring fights.

I thought the Maia fight was atrocious moreso than the Thompson rematch, but it's not like he didn't knock Lawler out 3 fights ago (mid 2016). Following Lawler's run is a tough one to be compared to.

Last edited:
UFC should let Tyron have a "super" fight.

Have Tyron move up to middleweight and get knocked out by Whittaker or Romero

He fought the best grappler and striker in WW history back to back and won.

There was no beating them AND making it an entertaining fight as well. I think people just hate his personality/past comments on social issues so they want to use "he's a boring fighter" as an excuse/reason to dislike him rather than just saying they hate him as a person due to his comments on race/politics.

If he continues to have boring fights from now on THEN I can agree with the criticism he receives, but not now.

<Fedor23>

Hardy is spot on with what he says. Woodley likes playing the victim a little too much to understand though.

Pouting and setting out is what got Tyron his title shot. He's not going to change what works for him.

Back