Woodley beat arguably the best striker and the best grappler in the UFC. Who can beat him ?

Woodley's gonna lose to a jack of all trades type of fighter. Solid wrestling and boxing with an active pace, such as Rory. I actually think Masvidal could beat him, the guy just can't beat Maia or Thompson to earn a title shot.

Darren Till is the future and would most likely finish Woodley within 3 rounds.

The first two post are the reasons I hate this forum sometimes.

The British dude who just ran over Cerrone might give him a challenge.

LHW Till gets one win against a 0-3 in his last 3 fights LW Cerrone whose combat age is 49 and suddenly he's the next great WW hope

Till is a slightly larger, immensely less skilled version of Wonderboy
Dude you're sleeping on Till, he's young as fuck and got that "it factor" believe me Till vs Wonderboy or Woodley would be easy money for Till. Have you seen the dude sparring?! He spars with boxing heavyweight contenders, ain't nobody in the UFC compares to the wars he goes through in the gym.

EnchantingFortunateApatosaur-size_restricted.gif

Someone with good boxing and wrestling.

I’m no Tyrun fan by any means but Rory wouldnt have that same type of success against Woodley now.

[<diva2]

What makes you think that ?

When’s the last time anyone has had success against Woodley by standing in front of him, constantly moving forward or trading with him in the pocket? Gastelum maybe?

Woodley has improved a lot over the last few years. It’s no longer a good idea to stand and bang with him, he may be the best at closing distance on the whole roster not just WW and he won’t get outwrestled.

Again, not a Woodley fan by any means but he’s gonna be hard to beat.

racist!!!!!!!!!!

really tho, certainly not bashing. merely pointing out the obvious. he's a great wrestler. but to call him arguably the best GRAPPLER in the ufc is insane.
You thought Woodley beat himself? I don't think any commision sanctions split personality matches.
He means Maia you goof.

GSP will come back in the summer 2018 and take Woodleys belt away. GSP ain't in a rush (pun intended). He waits until he feels healthy and have dropped the extra weight the right way. Then he starts working on his game plan.

Woodley VS GSP for the WW-belt summer 2018. And then he goes for the LW-belt 6 months later.

When’s the last time anyone has had success against Woodley by standing in front of him, constantly moving forward or trading with him in the pocket? Gastelum maybe?

Woodley has improved a lot over the last few years. It’s no longer a good idea to stand and bang with him, he may be the best at closing distance on the whole roster not just WW and he won’t get outwrestled.

Again, not a Woodley fan by any means but he’s gonna be hard to beat.

When was the last time Woodley faced someone with long reach who utilizes jabs and kicks while not being afraid of his take down since Rory ? Nobody really. Woodley has been fighting exactly the same way he fought Rory. Yeah his boxing might have gotten better but not enough so he can outwork Rory who I'm sure got the best jab next to GSP in WW.

People keep saying "anybody good at this and that can beat Woodley" but nobody comes up with a solid name.
GSP ducked him.
Conor ducked him.
Diaz ducked him.
Bisping ducked him.

As they should, Woodley would KO them all.
I see how you avoided Rory’s name there lol

Maia lacks striking excellence & Wonderboy lacks grappling excellence... & Woodley did a good job of stalling the fight to avoid their strengths.

It would take someone who is masterful at both to beat Woodley. GSP would be my front runner.. & he might still take that fight.

Kelvin Gastelum. I know they already fought and Woodley won a SD, but that fight was shit and Kelvin has since improved by leaps and bounds.

I remember a way past his prime Nate Marquardt almost killing him lol
Woodley isn't that good,Rory humiliated him and he had a really close fight with Wonderboy. I feel Wonderboy could still beat him easily, just like many others. He has a good right hand and he's so bad that fighters expose themselves in the striking department way too much against him and pay the price for it.

Back