Woodley "confused", "baffled" about interim title fight

His IQ is somewhere between 75 and 90 so I am not surprised

I agree with Woodley but they are just making sure they have a title fight on UFC 224 Incase the Main event falls off.

MMA used to be about the actual fight. Guys like Chuck, Wanderlei, Sakuraba and plenty of others just wanted to fight. Didn't matter who the opponent was or how big they were. Now you get these new champs like Woodley who is just absolutely clearly in it for the money. All he wants is an easy fight or a big money fight. But he doesn't put butts in seats.

If you are going to approach MMA like a business as Woodley clearly is, fine, more power to you, but you have to have a basic understanding of how the free market works. Are you supplying what is being demanded? You can't expect to be treated as a x level commodity if you don't make x level profit in return. Or if the entertainment you provide to the consumers isn't great enough that customers want to make an economic decision to pay to watch you perform. Every single business, UFC included is worried about one thing, their net profit margin. There is a reason Woodley isn't promoted like he thinks he should be.

It’ll finally make him shut up and fight one of two guys of THEIR choosing, not his. He can ask for money fights all day but if Colby or RDA has the interim belt, he’s got no choice...it’s quite brilliant
Hasn't Woodley only fought his top contenders in his division and been one of the busier champs.

Lol at doggers chomping at the bit to see a legit champion get fucked over
No one wants to see him get fucked over. They just want to see him perform. And he hasn't, not as a champ anyway.

He was chasing money fights when no one had any interest in his half of the superfight. Its a business, and Woodley is bad for business.

Harsh words, but that's the reality when you put on 3/3 Snoozers as a champ.

He'll be out for a year by the time he comes back, and interim fights sell better than contender fights. It's just straight business.

He's right. No need for an interim it's only happening because the words title fight sell better than the words number one contender

Why would you do that to people? Other than two brief offensive moments from Woodley and the odd point shot from Thompson, the fight was horrible.

You're only saying that because by some miracle of god, their second fight was even more boring, which in comparison, actually made the first fight look exciting.

Throw in his Maia fight, and his first defense now looks like Lawler/McDonald II.

Nah man. It was an exciting fight. Everyone was pumped for the rematch. Then the rematch was much slower than the first fight and everyone started saying both fights were terrible

It’ll finally make him shut up and fight one of two guys of THEIR choosing, not his. He can ask for money fights all day but if Colby or RDA has the interim belt, he’s got no choice...it’s quite brilliant
Who has he not fought?

Let me get this straight lmao....

Conor disappears for over a year, fights in an entire separate promotion. Conor doesn't get interim belt. Woodley fights contender after contender and gets injured, takes a few months to heal, gets slapped with an interim title... Lol. Sherdog, I'm not impressed by your performance. Just because Woodley makes you butthurt doesn't mean you have to be retarded.
There is an interim belt in Conor’s division though. Tony Ferguson won it when he beat Kevin Lee. What’s most ridiculous to me is that he is about to defend an interim title while the champ is perfectly healthy and able to defend. UFC is fucking up

I dont give a fuck about Cryron Woodley all his title defenses has been fuckin snooze fest so fuck off

Twood sucks will always suck.

Strip em send him packing k thx.

On one hand, I feel for the guy, given how the UFC has jumped through its ass for Conor and Bisping. T-Wood is right that he has been one of the more active champs. But all of these BS title shots have got to stop. Nate Diaz should not get a title shot. So I think the UFC has decided that they are not going to be jerked around by T-Wood after what Conor in particular got away with.

Good post. I think that’s a really balanced way of looking at it.

...and that makes a heap of sense too!

Wait is there some stip now that if the lineal champ refuses to fight the interim champ he gets stripped?

I don't really see how this changes the equation if Woodley wants to hold out for a money fight. After all the interim champ is just the #1 contender by another name.
It will just put more pressure on him and make him look more like a dick...Additionally Dana can say..” WTF Tyrone won’t fight the #1 contender” then it will be more acceptable publicly to strip him...

I think it'll only get worse with the titles in UFC. Every champ will immediately use it as a bargaining tool for more money and they will keep ducking legitimate contenders.
I've been going on about this for a while now. Scrap the titles and have a yearly tournament in each division with the top 8 seeded. Final offers the biggest payout of the year and rewards the hardest working fighter. Tournaments are cool af, plus, lower seeded fighters could be reserved for pullouts and replacements.
You will then have something like lightweight champ of 2018, lightweight champ of 2019 etc. Some guys could brag about being back to back tourney winners.

Spoken like a true drone.

EVERYBODY knows Woodley is the champ. Lets see the interim champ try to DEFEND the belt and destroy all credibility. Woodley would be the first champ to lose his belt to " unpopularity". Woodley should go all in and say the interim championship is just the "White" championship. Too bad nobody can beat my "boring" ass.

Last edited:
Back