Woodley GOAT?

Renagad58

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Woodley is over here talking about wanting to be GOAT WW. My question is, is it even HYPOTHETICALLY possible for him to become GOAT?

By my calculation St. Pierre, Hughes, and even Lawler are all above him in the all-time list right now.
With St. Pierre having 11 significant victories (not including rematches), Hughes having 8 significant victories, and Lawler having 7, while Tyron only has 5 victories that could count towards a GOAT status.

On top of that, there's a major lack of depth in the WW division that could give him the type of opponent to truly add to his resume. The only "significant" victories out there left for him to nab are: GSP, Nick, Cerrone, Ponzibibbio, and maybe Conor.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/07/ufc-214-tyron-woodley-goal-of-being-greatest-beating-demian-maia

GSP is the WW GOAT followed by Hughes. Tyron needs a bunch of more wins to even be mentioned as a possible GOAT IMO.

The only "significant" victories out there left for him to nab are: GSP, Nick, Cerrone, Ponzibibbio, and maybe Conor.

Why do you put these guys over the actual WW top 5?

Saying Ponzo is a more significant win than Maia is pretty retarded.

He's 35 and isn't even in the top 5. Not gonna happen.

He has 2 defenses, one was a draw and the other a controversial decision lol. He doesn't have it in him to be the GOAT. He stands with his back against the cage and throws 5 punches a round. If somebody like that can be considered the GOAT I might have to stop watching MMA.

He is a very athletic, explosive fighter, but I don't consider him the GOAT.. no.

Why do you put these guys over the actual WW top 5?

Saying Ponzo is a more significant win than Maia is pretty retarded.
Well he already beat Lawler, Thompson, and Condit (asterisk), and this would be assuming he gets past Maia. I would not consider Masvidal a significant WW victory. I also did not include Dan Hardy towards GSP's total.

you're talking about it. and THAT was his agenda, not 100% factual accuracy of his statement.

No lol.. he got a punch in on a Lawler ready to pass that belt then 1 draw and what many consider 1 loss.. and he talks about 'GOAT' the heck.

Maybe if he kept the belt for like 5 more years.......lol god could you imagine?

He has 2 defenses, one was a draw and the other a controversial decision lol. He doesn't have it in him to be the GOAT. He stands with his back against the cage and throws 5 punches a round. If somebody like that can be considered the GOAT I might have to stop watching MMA.
Yeah you should probably stop watching.

Well he already beat Lawler, Thompson, and Condit (asterisk), and this would be assuming he gets past Maia. I would not consider Masvidal a significant WW victory. I also did not include Dan Hardy towards GSP's total.

so you're just subjectively using your own ranking of fighters, makes sense.

He's not even close. He needs actual dominant title defenses.

Wait, are we talking about the guy that got totally exposed by Rory? LOL TS, you're funny.

So is there anyone in the current WW division that could possibly supplant GSP? Maia is over 40 and has a handful of losses, Ponzibobo only has 1 significant win. If Lawler beat Cerrone and then reclaimed would he have a chance? At least at the number 2 slot?

More like the black sheep

Back