Woodley or GSP, who fought the better competition.

Woodley either lost or beat half the same guys GSP did....only five years later and when they were all shot

When he wasn't doing that, he beat mein, galvao, daly, post usada lawler, 40 year old maia and gastelum

I'll give him the wonderboy fight that's a great win.....he didn't win really, the judges said he did but he didnt....but seeing how contentious GSP vs Hendricks was, I'll agree just to avoid the conflict:rolleyes:
Woodley evolved a lot in his career. That argument, that he lost to the same opponents, does not reflect the level Woodley achieved right now and GSP's prime.

Woodley, despite the losses, became a MUUUUUUUCH superior fighter than GSP ever was.

Simply looking at losses here and there is an ignorant way of comparing fighters.

GSP beat three generations of welterweights

Woodley evolved a lot in his career. That argument, that he lost to the same opponents, does not reflect the level Woodley achieved right now and GSP's prime.

Woodley, despite the losses, became a MUUUUUUUCH superior fighter than GSP ever was.

Simply looking at losses here and there is an ignorant way of comparing fighters.
<Lmaoo>I didn't give an ignorant comparison Lol....I gave a concise and lucid account of the truth

It's just the truth...they both fought a lot of the same guys and there should be no question about it that they were all shot or out of their prime when they fought woodley....he lost to shields, he beat condit by injury, he beat kos and hieron who i didnt even know were still fighting at the time they were so out of it

And you talk about "he's evolved"?.....in my opinion when he fought those guys, that was his prime
He's only regressed as fighter since strikeforce....he still backs up against the cage, he's more and more apprehensive each fight....these are glaring flaws that have only gotten worse
.....literally every fight he's had in the UFC (sans the Lawler fight )has been lackluster to say the least

These are problems you can visibly see and statisticly measure.....i mean he threw the least amount of strikes in the history of UFC championship fights against Demian "mr K1" maia!

And that last part had me and my mates rolling.....pray tell how is Woodley now a much better fighter than prime GSP?
....the guy who had national level wrestling, the guy who grapple fucked shields and fitch, the guy who submitted Matt Hughes with 2 submissions at the same time

Last edited:
So, 2 part question:
Who has fought the better competition?
Who wins?
GSP has fought much better competition. Notably Penn, Hughes, Diaz, Fitch.
Woodley wins, easily. GSP was already out of his prime when Hendricks tooled him 4 years ago. A fight against Woodley today would be a massacre.

GSP and it's not even close wtf

1rlPc.gif

do we really gotta do this?

matt-serra_georges-st-pierre.gif

I'm still dumbfounded this thread is still going on without the obvious finit end it dearly deserveso_O

Why are we even talking about st Pierre and tyron in the same breath even?
Cause he's half a dozen consecutive title defenses away from tying his record?

The guy can't even win a good workmans decision like GSP even...he's drawing with wonderboy and setting records for fewest strikes thrown again a GOAT level striker like maia

Who has beat better competition?....i think a better question is, who is the best guy Woodley has even beat?
.....Maia?
Demian is a great fighter, but that in itself is very telling about woodley....who to make matters worse, seems to be regressing in abilty like Benjamin button every time he steps in the cage now

What the hell would Woodley do to GSP in a fight?......how would HE beat St pierre?
By his vaunted and explosive KO power?
(yeah I remember him knocking out Lawler twenty or so fight ago)
By grappling and wrestling?
(what'd he take wonderboy down twice in 2 fights ?
and then proceeded to do nothing)

he's never faced an MMA wrestler like GSP....even his premier TDD wouldnt prepare him for the same guy that outwrestled and outgrappled prime shields, koscheck, Fitch, Hughes , Miller and penn....

Just to recap....Woodley has beat who again?

1.gifted decision against gastelum

2.a shot beyond belief koscheck

3. A bullshit injury win against condit

4.finished lawler...im pretty sure literally everyone that GSP beat has done that to robbie

5.draw and gifted decision against Wonderboy

6.maia.....still dont know how you "beat" a guy by throwing like 2 strikes, but hey i guess thats why he's setting records for that....anyway i guess this is his best win on paper....which is very telling

<{hughesimpress}>
I guess people just wanna talk about anything, no matter how clear or obvious the answers are

Last edited:
gsp beat shield

shield tooled woodley

wouldnt call winning by split decision where your opponent stuffed all 18 of your td attempts n one judge gave him all 3 rounds as "tooled"

woodley beat maia (probably better fighter than anybody on gsp list)

beat wonderboy (again not too many on gsp list are better)

finished robbie lawler (see wonderbody)

beat kelvin (beats 95% of fighters on gsp list)

finished both kos n condit (something gsp couldnt do)

the only ones worth mentioning on gsp list that woodley didnt face are:

fitch (got destroyed by maia)

hendricks (got beat by kelvin n destroyed by thompson)

diaz (got beat by condit)

bj (lw)

hughes (got destroyed by any decent ww including kos)

taking all that into consideration, its easy to see why some might feel woodley fought better competition

Kos? Do you remember what Woodley did to him? He lost to Shields but Shields is a tough go for anyone, he beat Condit, he would wrassle Diaz, he murdered Kos, Alves... meh, Hendricks beat GSP imo, Woodley beats even prime Fitch
Yeah he's a tough go for anyone. He lost to Shields but GSP beat this tough go. Don't you see the issue here?

Last edited:

Yeah, looking at whom they beat and whom they lost to and their common opponents is just the totally wrong way to compare 2 fighters in the same weight class. GTFO.

In absolute terms, Woodley.

In legacy/time-relative terms, GSP.

Hughes is 1-dimensional compared to today's top welterweights
Wrestle boxer like woodley but with 16 submission wins including 5 subs against some of the best brazilian jiu jitsu practicioners alive and GSP .....but he'd be considered "one dimensional" today?
<36>

Penn is tiny compared to both today's welterweights and lightweights .
[<diva2]
He's the same height and weight as woodley and conor and like 70% of the current lightweight and welterweight roster!

The only time he was greatly outsized was when he fought machida in openweight!

Woodley hasn’t faced bj penn, so I have to give the edge to GSP on this one.

<Lmaoo>I didn't give an ignorant comparison Lol....I gave a concise and lucid account of the truth

It's just the truth...they both fought a lot of the same guys and there should be no question about it that they were all shot or out of their prime when they fought woodley....he lost to shields, he beat condit by injury, he beat kos and hieron who i didnt even know were still fighting at the time they were so out of it

And you talk about "he's evolved"?.....in my opinion when he fought those guys, that was his prime
He's only regressed as fighter since strikeforce....he still backs up against the cage, he's more and more apprehensive each fight....these are glaring flaws that have only gotten worse
.....literally every fight he's had in the UFC (sans the Lawler fight )has been lackluster to say the least

These are problems you can visibly see and statisticly measure.....i mean he threw the least amount of strikes in the history of UFC championship fights against Demian "mr K1" maia!

And that last part had me and my mates rolling.....pray tell how is Woodley now a much better fighter than prime GSP?
....the guy who had national level wrestling, the guy who grapple fucked shields and fitch, the guy who submitted Matt Hughes with 2 submissions at the same time

Your rebuttal is an even more moronic misinterpretation of MMA. That you annoyingly hit the "bold" button to type is also misadvised, so maybe with big bold font you can understand the point.

Comparing the common opponents and cherry picking separate times, ignoring the FACT that current Woodley is a much superior fighter to whatever version of GSP is wrong. You can argue your asshole into your mouth, you won't pull it off.

Last edited:
There's no version of GSP that beats Woodley.

Wrestling?? I doubt it.

Boxing? Quite being silly.

GSP has fought much better competition. Notably Penn, Hughes, Diaz, Fitch.
Woodley wins, easily. GSP was already out of his prime when Hendricks tooled him 4 years ago. A fight against Woodley today would be a massacre.

I'd say both prime Lawler and Maia beat that roster easily (except for Nick)

Are you actually serious about this or are you just trying to figure how many dipshit woodley cucks are out there? The answer is super fucking obvious.

'cuck' is a word used by lowlife crakkkers who fantasize about their bitches getting smashed by BBD and project that weird shit onto other people. Y'all are twisted in your heads.

Back