Woodley or GSP, who fought the better competition.

We tend to forget how good some guys were.

* Shields has one of the best records in the division with wins over Lawler, Hendo, Woodley, Maia.
* Fitch was on a 16 fight win streak (8 in the UFC) before losing to GSP and then had another 5 fight win streak.
* before facing GSP, Condit had just beat Rory and Nick Diaz.
* People also love to talk shit about BJ now and while I might agree he probably would not hold up that well today - he did beat some good names in their prime - like Gomi, Hughes 1, Pulver, Sherk, Diego Sanchez.

But that's not all just in GSP:s favor, I mean Woodley beat Condit too.

Last edited:
40 year old Maia
But wasn't that version of Maia arguably the best ever?
He was coming off a 7 fight win streak, beating Magny, Gunny, Matt Brown, Condit and Masvidal in a row!!

You can hardly say his age was a noticeable problem, when he was doing better than ever.

Last edited:
There's no version of GSP that beats Woodley.

Wrestling?? I doubt it.

Boxing? Quite being silly.

Quit being silly.

Woodley got beat by Marquardt, Shields and Rory and drew with Wonderboy but no version of GSP beats him. Almost funny

I'm still dumbfounded this thread is still going on without the obvious finit end it dearly deserveso_O

Why are we even talking about st Pierre and tyron in the same breath even?
Cause he's half a dozen consecutive title defenses away from tying his record?

The guy can't even win a good workmans decision like GSP even...he's drawing with wonderboy and setting records for fewest strikes thrown again a GOAT level striker like maia

Who has beat better competition?....i think a better question is, who is the best guy Woodley has even beat?
.....Maia?
Demian is a great fighter, but that in itself is very telling about woodley....who to make matters worse, seems to be regressing in abilty like Benjamin button every time he steps in the cage now
<36><36><36><36><36>

What the hell would Woodley do to GSP in a fight?......how would HE beat St pierre?
By his vaunted and explosive KO power?
(yeah I remember him knocking out Lawler twenty or so fight ago)
By grappling and wrestling?
(what'd he take wonderboy down twice in 2 fights ?
and then proceeded to do nothing)

he's never faced an MMA wrestler like GSP....even his premier TDD wouldnt prepare him for the same guy that outwrestled and outgrappled prime shields, koscheck, Fitch, Hughes , Miller and penn....

Just to recap....Woodley has beat who again?

1.gifted decision against gastelum

2.a shot beyond belief koscheck

3. A bullshit injury win against condit

4.finished lawler...im pretty sure literally everyone that GSP beat has done that to robbie

5.draw and gifted decision against Wonderboy

6.maia.....still dont know how you "beat" a guy by throwing like 2 strikes, but hey i guess thats why he's setting records for that....anyway i guess this is his best win on paper....which is very telling

<{hughesimpress}>
I guess people just wanna talk about anything, no matter how clear or obvious the answers are
<36><36>

Woodley fought better competition. But he is nowhere near the greatness of GSP simply because of the amount of title-defenses he has.

And how is this about Anderson? Is that how you argue about a GSP-Woodley issue? Bringing your former lover into the conversation?

It’s about Anderson because you’re a butthurt nuthugger who can’t accept GSP is far greater than what that fraud Anderson ever was

you're stupid AF. i've been watching since 93 newb

If you even remotely beleive that wood has the better resume and or is/was better than George there is no way you have been around as long as you claim.

But wasn't that version of Maia arguably the best ever?
He was coming off a 7 fight win streak, beating Magny, Gunny, Matt Brown, Condit and Masvidal in a row!!

You can hardly say his age was a noticeable problem, when he was doing better than ever.
Yeah actually that's true. Even with that I still think that Woodley has not faced the same competition as GSP overall

It’s about Anderson because you’re a butthurt nuthugger who can’t accept GSP is far greater than what that fraud Anderson ever was

{<huh}The thread is about GSP and Woodley dumb dumb.

You are obsessed with Andy eh?

Truth that Woodley, a WW is greater than Anderson

That comparison was never made. The point is that Woodley is a superior fighter than GSP. As a WW he is, definitely, much better than your fixation by default. LOL.

There isn't a single person on Tyron's record, win or lose, that prime GSP wouldn't dominate from bell to bell.

Back