Woodley Upset He's Not a Draw Like GSP: "I feel like I’ve surpassed Georges"

Who are you a fan of?

• Total voters
He has surpassed GSP? Lol... That is truly funny and this is coming from a guy that's not a huge fan of GSP....

Woodley is spot on on this one. But I don't blame GSP in the slightest.

No reason for GSP to fight basically GSP2.0 who isn't a draw in his return fight after almost 4 years. His fight vs Hendricks he got damaged plenty and barely won it, this one would be that x5.

Safer to fight the more popular decision fighter.

When he calls himself explosive it's all good, but when I do it it's racism?!?

Come on man

Tyron is happy to own his successes, but when it comes to owning his lack of popularity he skips out on the bill. Its everyone else's fault. He's the victim of this or that. Its pretty common in his uh, 'culture'; always refusing to accept that their own actions had consequences that led to the scenario they're unhappy with.

I think its probably related to the lack of male figures in the household growing up. The father is who teaches you to buck up and overcome problems whether they're fair or not. Women have a different method of dealing with adversity, which is to cry out and appeal to others with words or emotion.

Woodley is spot on on this one. But I don't blame GSP in the slightest.

No reason for GSP to fight basically GSP2.0 who isn't a draw in his return fight after almost 4 years. His fight vs Hendricks he got damaged plenty and barely won it, this one would be that x5.

Safer to fight the more popular decision fighter.

Woodley throws like 8 punches per fight, don't see how GSP would be more damaged. That makes no sense.

Funny how he doesn't realize that the very attitude that made him say something like that is the reason people are turned off to him. The guy is straight gloomy!

Fan of both, huge fan of GSP though.

Woodley should be upset with himself more than anybody.. His crybaby attitude and blame shifting ways aren't exactly winning him any fans. If dude quit bitching all the time and let his hands go a little more he'd be a superstar.

Ahahahaha, you've got to be kidding me Woodley. GSP's protégé whipped your ass good and proper, you think the master wouldn't either?

Gotta be one of the most unlikable people in MMA.

Woodley should try harder to be an exciting fighter if he wants big money fights.
lol people been complainin about how GSP is boring and all he does is wrestle and lay n pray. All of a sudden he is exciting? You only don't like Woodley cuz he's black!!

He's better than GSP at one thing....

being black.

Woodley should try harder to be an exciting fighter if he wants big money fights.

This is exactly right. If he'd taken some risks and given the fans a good fight vs Maia, he'd be fighting GSP most likely.

Tyron Woodley’s title defence at UFC 214 threw a major spanner in the works. Woodley failed to impress Dana White with his performance against Demian Maia, leading the UFC boss to backflip on his original plan to have the star fight Georges St-Pierre on his long-awaited return to the sport.

White confirmed Bisping, Whittaker’s next proposed target, as the man to fight St-Pierre.

“Yep,” White said when asked if the fight was happening. “Because I know Michael Bisping will fight. Michael Bisping will show up and fight. So yeah, I’m going to give it to him.”

White continued to blast Woodley, claiming fans wouldn’t pay to see the 35-year-old fight again.

“You ask fans if they want to see Woodley fight again,” he said.

“I think that would be flat out ‘no’. Who wants to pay to see Tyron Woodley fight again?

“He is an absolute physical specimen. The guy could have finished that fight at any time he wanted to, but he didn’t want to take the risks.

“You take no risks, you get no rewards.”

Woodley seems less a trash talker than he is just plain delusional. I think he actually believes the shit he says.

Not a fan of either, they both have boring personalities and fighting styles. I don't actively root against either, just not a generally a "fan"

If he didn't cry like a baby and talk shit all of the time he'd probably be a draw tbh.
Or if Sherdoggers weren't triggered cucks they'd probably like him more.

I'm a fan of both, but Tyron definitely didn't surpass GSP. I don't see anyone matching-up to him yet.

Back