Woodley Vs Till presents a very interesting situation.

Guy LeDouche

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Let me put forth a very interesting situation...
The Woodley and Till fight happens, Till misses weight. It becomes a regular title defense for woodley and a non title bout for Till, Till beats woodley. Leaving Woodley "still" the champ and Till the de facto champ....now out of this there would be only ONE person in this situation that would have claim to a real Welterweight belt....

Colby Covington.

Personally I myself would rather see Woodley vs Covington, as it would be the legitimate fight to make. And I'm not mad at Woodley vs Till as it has the chance to be a hell of a fight also. All and all I feel like the UFC set themselves up for a very really weird situation that could take place.
Thoughts?

It's not a regular title defense when the challenger misses weight. See Silva vs. "the Michael Jordan of BJJ". The fight becomes a non-title bout. Your point still stands though.

I would have prefered Woodley Vs Covington. The build up would have been great. Although the fight may have been less exciting.

Woodley vs Till is interesting. I can see this thing turning into a war.

It's not a regular title defense when the challenger misses weight. See Silva vs. "the Michael Jordan of BJJ". The fight becomes a non-title bout.
That's true lol
Do you think Woodley would even accept a fight if Till missed weight?

It's not a regular title defense when the challenger misses weight. See Silva vs. "the Michael Jordan of BJJ". The fight becomes a non-title bout. Your point still stands though.
Great point.

As long as Till doesn't make weight then hugs Tyronda through most of the fight like Wondergirl I'm sure it will be a real barn burner. Bravo new UFC leadership!

Not true, the UFC amended that rule after that fight.

Robert Whittaker officially has 1 title defense to his name despite his rematch against Yoel being a 'non-title bout.' It was only a non-title bout for Yoel, but Woodley would be credited with a title defense if he beat Till despite him missing weight.

That's true lol

Probably not, he'll just bitch and whine about how unprofessional Till is and label the backlash against him as racial discrimination, lol

Not true, the UFC amended that rule after that fight.

Robert Whittaker officially has 1 title defense to his name despite his rematch against Yoel being a 'non-title bout.' It was only a non-title bout for Yoel, but Woodley would be credited with a title defense if he beat Till despite him missing weight.

<TrumpWrong1>

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/robert-whittaker

His second fight with Romero is clearly listed as a WIN, not a title defense with a belt next to it on the official website. You cannot defend the MW title against someone who's not a MW.

Summer casuals.
<{clintugh}>

Probably not, he'll just bitch and whine about how unprofessional Till is and label the backlash against him as racial discrimination, lol
And he'll be right and obese neckbeards will wrongly squeal otherwise from their squalorous trailer parks.

OT, UFC will likely deem it a nontitle bout.

Woodley at least gets a defense in our hearts.

If Till misses weight again, Woodley should absolutely refuse to fight him.

That would be the third time he's missed welterweight, you just can't have this go on without consequence.

If Till misses weight again, Woodley should absolutely refuse to fight him.

That would be the third time he's missed welterweight, you just can't have this go on without consequence.
As much as I am all for fighters stepping up to save cards....I agree here, I don't think that Woodley and the UFC should not be rewarding a guy who cannot make the required weight on multiple occasions. Especially for a title. Imagine a champ missing weight for his defense.

That's true lol
probably depends on how close he is.

If you are champ and the guys not enough over to be a real advantage it's actually in your favor because you remain champ and get a guaranteed rematch

(I assume they still get paid the same plus get part of their opponents money and all of the FOTN if the fight gets that award)

He'd be completely right not to accept lol.

Till will be on weight and will walk woodley down all night. EASY WIN for till. Woodley is too defensive for till. #andnew

Back