Working in the private sector vs public sector: Which is better?

Depends on the department. Some public pay more than privates. Like my job is one of the highest in the nation. No private company would match what I'm being paid. Benefits, job security, pay, can't beat it.

But most jobs, private will pay more. So if you're in a field where private sector pays more then I guess you should go for private. But those high paying private jobs usually come with high turn over and low job security.

As for job security...public sector also have layoffs but not as much. My job is uber secure cuz few years ago, my city made a vote that says we can never be laid off back when everyone was being laid off. So I'm good.

Also work environment. Public is usually better also. Private, you get treated like shit.

Public sector is way less stressful than private.
Also pays just about or even more and that's not including your benefits.

The ironic thing is, without the private sector, the public wouldn't exist. People forget, government doesn't create any revenue, they just take it through taxes and redistribute it

Public sector is way less stressful than private.
Also pays just about or even more and that's not including your benefits.

The ironic thing is, without the private sector, the public wouldn't exist. People forget, government doesn't create any revenue, they just take it through taxes and redistribute it

That's how it is in my location. It's getting ridiculous. Less stressful, pays more, and much harder to get fired or laid off. Sometimes it seems that they just look for warm bodies that have a security clearance.

it's virtually impossible to be fired in the public sector (depending on dept/agency) as people rarely get bad annual Per Evals, and thus patterns of misconduct or subpar production are harder to establish

We had a guy in our office that was riding out till retirement (GS-9) and would literally just come in and sleep at his desk, zero f's given hahaha

Of course when retired, the higher ups then kept his jobs on the books for accounting purposes, but never filled the position diverting the dollars elsewhere....

Like awesome, couldn't just give us that do work a raise?

Back