Working out after drinking alcohol?

DanMMAleague

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Have you tried this before?

One or two pints?

I can imagine lifting doing it but anything that involves running would make me puke.

I've ran after a few beers.

Not great, but not the worst if you are running an easy pace. You just feel bloated.

Ran a 5k in college still drunk from the night before. Do not recommend. Cardio while drunk/drinking is awful. That aside, I do workout roughly twice a week with a guy that brings over a 6er each time for us to share. Few beers goes well for a couple dudes shooting the shit while weight lifting.

But you gotta watch getting slap happy and overzealous with your alcohol infused muscles. It can lead to injury.

Post workout it's a full glass of Fight Milk.

I have done it. Gotta watch the cardio because alcohol can raise your blood pressure. Lifting is fun though.

I would have to be completely trashed to even think of going to a gym. Can you imagine the horrors those places must hold.

I motivate myself to workout with alcohol. I can drink beer only IF I work out. So I’ll get a workout in while predrinking. It’s worked amazing for me seriously

Just rest that day, no need to hurry, you will train after it completely passes.

I've lifted after a drink, drinking during etc. It's all good.

I've given up drinking now though. It can cause 20-25% reduction of gains.

Facebook-941463.png

I was day drinking and had like 12 beers, then I went to jiu jitsu on rolling night. Basically we just do 6 minute rounds and switch people for 90 minutes. It actually wasn't that awful lol, much better than being hungover.

Nah, if I have a beer, I'm going to have another and not be bothered to go the gym.

I would never do it after beer but I've done a couple shots and gone to the gym. Was great.

Done it a buncha times, I usually lift with more intensity.

I went to the Edinburgh Oktoberfest a couple of years ago and got smashed on German beer, which is basically Blitzkrieg in liquid form. After that I staggered the mile and a half to the gym and did my Upper Body workout. Good times:)

No, but I do take a nap after drinking.

No way for me, I wouldn't wanna mess up my back or knees cuz I'm sauced and messed up my form hah

I have done it. Gotta watch the cardio because alcohol can raise your blood pressure. Lifting is fun though.

Doesn't alcohol thin your blood and lower blood pressure?

Back