World's First Naval Experimental Railgun to Undergo Sea Trial

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's Chinese.

DU8_UuoVQAAU-5p.jpg

type_055a.jpg

Pictures have emerged on social media that show a Chinese landing ship armed with what could be a prototype railgun. If confirmed, this would be the first time any country has actually installed an electromagnetic gun system on a ship, even for test purposes, and would be a game-changing development for China’s military.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...-with-an-experimental-electromagnetic-railgun
https://www.popsci.com/china-navy-railgun-warship

Meanwhile in Murica:
It also comes at a time when the US has been scaling back their efforts on developing railguns and other electromagnetic technologies. The Navy has spent more than $500 million on the project, which will likely never see combat. Officials at the Department of Defense "don't want to fund the railgun because they're simply not buying it," a senior legislative official with direct knowledge of the US' railgun project recently told Task & Purpose.
http://www.businessinsider.com/china-testing-railgun-us-navy-2018-2

This would have been really cool during WW2.

I'm surprised this isn't a @GhostZ06 thread.
No railguns and no AGS? Oh well, I'm sure you're getting something for that $825 billion dollars.

What are we on now..?

Like day 10 without a Navy accident..?

Railguns are old news. We've moved on to solar guns. Shooting out a burst of the sun, incinerating anything in its path.

think it'll go a lil something like this

Explosion_aboard_USS_Princeton.jpg

Whatever we use to one-up them is gin a be awesome.

Probably solar lasers. Maybe sharks with lasers.

Could you guys imagine some of the crazy shit Japan would come up with military wise if the US took away that restriction on them having a standing Army?

I know what is basically their Navy is pretty impressive tech wise but I have to think they aren't going full bore on research stuff cause, well, they can't.

Railguns are old news. We've moved on to solar guns. Shooting out a burst of the sun, incinerating anything in its path.

With the defense budget proposed, I expect to have the Death Star built by 2020.

Could you guys imagine some of the crazy shit Japan would come up with military wise if the US took away that restriction on them having a standing Army?

I know what is basically their Navy is pretty impressive tech wise but I have to think they aren't going full bore on research stuff cause, well, they can't.

The Japanese deserve those restrictions, the experiments they were doing in WW2 were worse than the Nazis.

They were just given free reign to do whatever they could imagine to kill people in the most sickening ways. Worse than the worst serial killers, it's the stuff of nightmares.
In other tests, subjects were deprived of food and water to determine the length of time until death; placed into high-pressure chambers until death; experimented upon to determine the relationship between temperature, burns, and human survival; placed into centrifuges and spun until death; injected with animal blood; exposed to lethal doses of x-rays; subjected to various chemical weapons inside gas chambers; injected with sea water; and burned or buried alive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

They killed more civilians than the Holocaust.

"R. J. Rummel, a professor of political science at the University of Hawaii, estimates that between 1937 and 1945, the Japanese military murdered from nearly 3 to over 10 million people, most likely 6 million Chinese, Koreans, Malaysians, Indonesians, Filipinos and Indochinese, among others, including Western prisoners of war. According to Rummel, "This democide [i.e., death by government] was due to a morally bankrupt political and military strategy, military expediency and custom, and national culture."[2] According to Rummel, in China alone, during 1937–45, approximately 3.9 million Chinese were killed, mostly civilians, as a direct result of the Japanese operations and a total of 10.2 million Chinese were killed in the course of the war. The most infamous incident during this period was the Nanking Massacre of 1937–38, when, according to the findings of the International Military Tribunal for the Far East, the Japanese Army massacred as many as 300,000 civilians and prisoners of war, although the accepted figure is somewhere in the hundreds of thousands."

World's first naval experimental railgun to undergo sea trial. Unfortunately, it's Chinese.

I thought you said the Chinese were smart. A railgun? The U.S. has retired all their battleships. And the Germans have retired all their railgun cannons. Are the Chinese planning to use WWII tactics? Have they not heard of missiles? What a waste of time. Outdated technology.

470px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg

Not just the U.S., the Japanese Emperor made restrictions on the Japanese Army himself.

I thought you said the Chinese were smart. A railgun? The U.S. has retired all their battleships. And the Germans have retired all their railgun cannons. Are the Chinese planning to use WWII tactics? Have they not heard of missiles? What a waste of time. Outdated technology.

470px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg

This is the USN's railgun:
maxresdefault.jpg

It cost US taxpayers $500 mil in the past decade. So either it's promising or you're not as smart as you think you are.

Still bitter that I shattered your American Exceptionalism with facts?

The Japanese deserve those restrictions, the experiments they were doing in WW2 were worse than the Nazis.

What the Japanese did to the Chinese was atrocious. I'm surprised China decided not to nuke the island as payback.

Back