Worries about 217 Maincard, but love for the Prelims

carelessandheem

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Of course a guy who has 80% of his posts in Worldwide is a filthy degenerate who cares more about prospects, but this main card has only 2 all fire fighters, rest all have had less then exicting fights. With three title fights this could drag.

Sure Borrachina could end Steak-city, Masvidal and Thompson could both engage in their fight, TJ-Cody could be a technical marvel, Joanna/Rose could have a high pace with a finish and GSP and Bisping could fight like young men and also be a Classic

honestly even with fighters I like on this main card, I have more faith in the prelims. Just look at the finish rate, the weightclasses, and hell Cutelaba should be way, way higher on the card. He is our replacement Krylov since Krylov got poached

Of course a guy who has 80% of his posts in Worldwide is a filthy degenerate who cares more about prospects, but this main card has only 2 all fire fighters, rest all have had less then exicting fights. With three title fights this could drag.

Sure Borrachina could end Steak-city, Masvidal and Thompson could both engage in their fight, TJ-Cody could be a technical marvel, Joanna/Rose could have a high pace with a finish and GSP and Bisping could fight like young men and also be a Classic

honestly even with fighters I like on this main card, I have more faith in the prelims. Just look at the finish rate, the weightclasses, and hell Cutelaba should be way, way higher on the card. He is our replacement Krylov since Krylov got poached
giphy.gif

I think the main card will do well. On paper its fucking amazing. Prelims are solid too.

Yeah, everything is hypothetical, no shit. This is why we tune in to see what happens. I'm still excited for this card. It is in MSG the fighters want to put on a great show.

I wonder if maybe guys on the prelims have higher finish rates because they typically haven't been fighting elite competition.

The whole card top to bottom is great.

Don't over think this one. Just enjoy.

MMA isn't just about finishes, i'm ok with technical decisions in high level fights, i just don't wanna watch 2 guys staring at each other, i'm not asking to every fight be a brawl like Sanchez fights, i've never seen a boring fight of JJ or Cody/TJ

I could care less if there are a lot of decisions. Based on style and the fighters I think there will be a ton of good fights. I don't need finishes if the fight is good. I basically like every fight on the card other than the JJ fight as I'm not that into the girl fighting and Zahabi/Ramos because I don't know those guys.

Read the first two sentences, concluded that op is either a child or has severe learning disabilities and didn't read the rest. Something about firefighters and exiting the buidling?

217 looks amazing and the first card in a while I've been excited for.

if you don't like this main card, I'm really not sure what you would like. You basically said all the main card events have the potential to be barnburners .... what are you complaining about again?

I could care less if there are a lot of decisions. Based on style and the fighters I think there will be a ton of good fights. I don't need finishes if the fight is good. I basically like every fight on the card other than the JJ fight as I'm not that into the girl fighting and Zahabi/Ramos because I don't know those guys.
Zahabi is the younger brother of firas. He looked good really slick in his debut but iirc he gassed and got a bit sloppy. Seems like a good prospect though

Zahabi is the younger brother of firas. He looked good really slick in his debut but iirc he gassed and got a bit sloppy. Seems like a good prospect though

Oh okay cool. Fight could be good anyways I've just never seen either fight. Haven't seen the guy Cutelaba is fighting either but on paper it looks like a good match up. I'm interested in pretty much all of them in some way or another. Even Gall/Brown is a really good match up for where both are in their careers. Olyneik/Blaydes is the perfect test for Blaydes. Anderson/St. Preuex is a deceptively big fight for LHW. Harris should KO Godbeer but if he doesn't he'll probably get finished himself so that's a decent sloppy fireworks fight. Cutelaba is must see every time. Vick/Duffy is high level even though I'm not a fan of either. Hendricks/Costa is to see if Hendricks is done being a top guy imo. Thompson/Masvidal is a strikers dream. Garbrandt/Dillashaw is maybe the best title fight all year. GSP/Bisping is a bit of a freak fight but GSP is the best WW of all time and never lost his belt so it kinda makes sense for him to get a title fight on the way back and against one of the worst MW champs ever, kinda fits.

Read the first two sentences, concluded that op is either a child or has severe learning disabilities and didn't read the rest. Something about firefighters and exiting the buidling?

217 looks amazing and the first card in a while I've been excited for.
This. The whole card is stacked and I will watch it from start to finish.

Hell even if the GSP fight was cancelled it would be a super amazing card.

Back