worst breach in decades: CIA officer helped China kill or arrest 20 undercover operatives; arrested

It's not a cute little game, but we need to be realistic about it. Spying is something that all governments do, provided that they have the means to do so. As such, we have a lot of spies, as do the other major world powers. I don't think that we want to get into a pissing contest where a bunch of Chinese, Russian, French, British, Israeli, and American spies are all being executed by the governments of the others. Our own people that turn on us? For sure, as I said, this dude who was spying on behalf of China should be executed for his crimes. But executing a bunch of British nationals is a bad look once we've discovered them here, and they are 100% here, spying on behalf of the Crown. Better to just punt them home, slap their government in the peepee somehow, and then readjust our efforts to close that vulnerability. I would expect others to do the same or face consequences, as such.

Sounds like the same rationale for politicians not holding other politicians accountable. Everybody is doing it (eg. appointing their friends to jobs, helping out big donors, insider trading, skirting the FOIA, feeding propaganda to media outlets, etc.).

If foreign spies aren't doing enough damage to be punished (i.e. you wanting to simply send 'em home), then executing domestic perpetrators sounds a bit harsh. On the one hand it's a little game everyone plays, just don't get caught. On the other it's a matter of life and death. Yeah, I don't know. Think I'll stick with supporting the execution of anyone who can be proven a spy. If we lose some overseas then so be it. That's what happens when you go to other countries to commit crimes.

Sounds like the same rationale for politicians not holding other politicians accountable. Everybody is doing it (eg. appointing their friends to jobs, helping out big donors, insider trading, skirting the FOIA, feeding propaganda to media outlets, etc.).

If foreign spies aren't doing enough damage to be punished (i.e. you wanting to simply send 'em home), then executing domestic perpetrators sounds a bit harsh. On the one hand it's a little game everyone plays, just don't get caught. On the other it's a matter of life and death. Yeah, I don't know. Think I'll stick with supporting the execution of anyone who can be proven a spy. If we lose some overseas then so be it. That's what happens when you go to other countries to commit crimes.
I get what you're saying, but overly strong reactions aren't going to make the world a better place, you know?

Most of them don't get executed. But the ones who end up getting other agents and informants killed, especially the ones that know that this is what is going to happen, is murder to me. Plain and simple. And most of the foreign spies that should be sent home after a few months getting interrogated by the CIA aren't doing that kind of stuff. I don't think that the penalty for trying to steal a report, wiretapping a politician's phone, or the Russian hackers that hacked the DNC mail server in the election should die for those crimes. I think they should be punished, but they shouldn't be killed for that. If they are doing real, subversive actions like attempting to blow up an airport or some shit you'd see in a Hollywood movie, then yeah, shoot them in the head and dispose of the bodies like they never existed. I think the standard shouldn't be "one size fits all," and it should reflect the crime committed.

Fortunately for us and the CIA officers we still live in the land of the free. There will be a price to pay for that freedom but were all willing to pay it including the CIA officers who work to defend it.

BS. These people live by different rules. How stupid can you be to allow a CIA officer (with knowledge of operations in China!) to live in China.

BS. These people live by different rules. How stupid can you be to allow a CIA officer (with knowledge of operations in China!) to live in China.

You don't make that decision and clearly they don't live by different rules as he was allowed to live in China. So your wrong.

And the Chinese KGB came knocking on his door. Makes it really easy for them to recruit, interrogate, reward... etc. It's the lions den.
It's called the Ministry of State Security

This is a bit interesting from an outside realpolitik perspective.

I mean, I'm assuming it's against the law in China for someone to spy on their government. So the "traitor" is actually a whistle blower while acting illegally himself I assume.

Now, I'd be interested in the law on the books he would be charged with. He wasn't in a war zone, he wasn't in the country (I assume) when he committed the crime under I'm assuming Chinese law.

Lot of assumptions, but I'm curious with a legal hat on what would kind of defense could a lawyer come up with.

And the Chinese KGB came knocking on his door. Makes it really easy for them to recruit, interrogate, reward... etc. It's the lions den.

Yep like I said there is a price to pay for the freedom our citizens our granted. The fact that you want people to not only serve this country but be it's slave after the fact is disgusting.

Execute all traitors

F.b.i. probably has a bunch of these rats.

Ever see the names of some of these agents

anyone who is chinese should not be anywhere near sensitive data.

white liberals might have that bitch mentality but the chinese do not.

Good.

All american spies and CIA terrorists attacking china deserve to killed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...chun-shing-lee-suspected-spying-china-n838186

Full article at the link above.

TLDR: Ex-CIA officer arrested with two notebooks full of information as he tried to leave the country; in 2010, China dismantled America's intelligence grid within China by systematically killing or arresting its best operatives in the field. He has been under investigation for at least six years.

86gLK.gif

Let's drop this mother fuker off with the Cartels and let them have their way with him...

tenor.gif

Our fucking counter Intel is a damn joke right now. Shot load of people leaking secrets, discloaing classified info, etc in the last few years.

Cereal.

The CIA is slipping big time. China gon own all dem scerets.

Neither do the Muslims or Russians, that is why many liberals have become the bitches of those cultures

its impossible to define that in law or an administrative regulation

its impossible to define that in law or an administrative regulation

bullshot.

there are numerous locations in america where you need you have roots in america unless you think its wise idea to hire chinese engineers to work on future aircraft ?

I don't think they are going to try him for treason (capital punishment) because that would mean an open court hearing.

Can't have a completely open trail if classified information will be in evidence.

Send him to supermax/solitary confinement to live out his life.

Apparently, his motivation was because his "career plateaued"

bullshot.

there are numerous locations in america where you need you have roots in america unless you think its wise idea to hire chinese engineers to work on future aircraft ?

where do you need roots in America? you know how many Special Agents work in government ABC organizations that were born abroad?

The other people playing spy games got their spy prizes, so he should get his.

The kind of spy games the Mainland plays in the United States are likely unfathomable compared to our resources inside of China.

Beijing even has the power to try and silence dissidents with muscle -inside- America.

Large immigrant community, a vast amount of money to throw around, a lot of nationalized citizens from a Confucian background ready to take that money, and an attitude that "this is the way things are."

Not to mention an immense pool of technical and bureaucratic expats...

The problem is liable to get much worse before possibly getting any better.

The kind of spy games the Mainland plays in the United States are likely unfathomable compared to our resources inside of China.

Beijing even has the power to try and silence dissidents with muscle -inside- America.

Large immigrant community, a vast amount of money to throw around, a lot of nationalized citizens from a Confucian background ready to take that money, and an attitude that "this is the way things are."

Not to mention an immense pool of technical and bureaucratic expats...

The problem is liable to get much worse before possibly getting any better.
I thought they were bigger on cyber war than on human stuff. Crazy.

Back