Worst Gi I've ever gotten (Ebay Gi)

AZBJJ

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you even get the bright idea to buy one of the "$199 BRAND NEW 550 GOLD WEAVE Jiu Jitsu Kimono" from Ebay seller "ImpulseGarments" you better think again.

There are no words really to describe how bad these gi's are. Not only are they not really 550gm weight gi, but they are not Gold weave and they feel as if they are somehow made out of plastic. The collar is merely asthetic as it feels almost exactly like the rest of the "high quality gi".

I won it for under $50 and it's going back. I took one for the team on this one. I am eating the shipping and im pissed at even having to do that.

$199 BRAND NEW 550 GOLD WEAVE Jiu Jitsu Kimono GI A2 | eBay

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

0buQh.png

I also have a hard time passing up a good deal, so I appreciate your sacrifice.

Sorry to hear it. I've been burned on ebay myself. Thanks for giving everyone the heads up.

No offense, but I always wondered what makes people think they can go for the cheapest crap and still expect to get any quality? I'm mean look at that gi and that auction. Do you think anybody is out to do you any favors? It's business and there's no truer saying that you get what you pay for.

I have a friend who trains in a, well, a quite well known gi brand around here (don't want to bad mouth anybody) and his A3 has shrunk so much that it's definitely no longer competition legal. Also he told me his pants are about to get a hole in the inner thighs from wear and tear and the gi is not even 1 year old. My Koral has never shrunk and I wash it HOT to get rid of any germs and it still looks new. I also only have good things to say about my Atama. Those are my only 2 gis at the moment and I train 4 times a week so I wash each at least twice weekly.

Trying to save money on a gi is like trying to do bodybuilding if you have no money for proper nutrition. Any sports for that matter. If you can't afford a good gi train Luta Livre or nogi till you can buy a good gi. These crappy cheap gis or lesser brands end up being more expensive in the long run and will only give you headaches. There are many brands that get good reviews around here that I have tried myself and hated. The thing about reviews is that most people will rave about stuff they buy. Very few will actually admit it's not that good and they have wasted their money. Most people can't deal with buyer's remorse. It also comes down to that little old thing that runs rampant in BJJ. Ego.

Maybe at some point I will make a list and review of brands that I have tried and sold because although they were cheaper, they couldn't keep up with what I'm used to, which is Koral and Atama or were more expensive and not any better.

No offense, but I always wondered what makes people think they can go for the cheapest crap and still expect to get any quality? I'm mean look at that gi and that auction. Do you think anybody is out to do you any favors? It's business and there's no truer saying that you get what you pay for.

I have a friend who trains in a, well, a quite well known gi brand around here (don't want to bad mouth anybody) and his A3 has shrunk so much that it's definitely no longer competition legal. Also he told me his pants are about to get a hole in the inner thighs from wear and tear and the gi is not even 1 year old. My Koral has never shrunk and I wash it HOT to get rid of any germs and it still looks new. I also only have good things to say about my Atama. Those are my only 2 gis at the moment and I train 4 times a week so I wash each at least twice weekly.

Trying to save money on a gi is like trying to do bodybuilding if you have no money for proper nutrition. Any sports for that matter. If you can't afford a good gi train Luta Livre or nogi till you can buy a good gi. These crappy cheap gis or lesser brands end up being more expensive in the long run and will only give you headaches. There are many brands that get good reviews around here that I have tried myself and hated. The thing about reviews is that most people will rave about stuff they buy. Very few will actually admit it's not that good and they have wasted their money. Most people can't deal with buyer's remorse. It also comes down to that little old thing that runs rampant in BJJ. Ego.

Maybe at some point I will make a list and review of brands that I have tried and sold because although they were cheaper, they couldn't keep up with what I'm used to, which is Koral and Atama or were more expensive and not any better.

I paid $96 for one of my gi that usually sells for $130. At this day and age, you can buy a nice gi for way less than its retail price. You just need to know where to look. And for the most part people usually come on the internet to bitch about their buy, not rave about it. Especially if it is shit. I've never seen someone defend something that was bad. Especially on here.

There are unbiased reviews to be found, you just need to look. And you don't have to pay $150 for a gi for it to be quality. There are people that swear by their $75 fuji gis.

The old "You get what you pay for" mentality is for people who don't know how to put value on an item and that is how brand name companies make their money.

my $0.02

You're over thinking it. It wa an auction and i won it for around $40. gold weave gi. Come to find out, not all Gold weaves are the same. This one felt like it was made out of plastic.

I own 5 gi's currently. As I said in my review, I took one for the team so people don't waste their time and money. These gi's were not worth the shipping cost IMO.

Not saying that I don't take your word on the gi but that guy has sold the same gi to 3 other people and they seemed to love it. Weird.

LOL..then buy one. That Gi is shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not saying that I don't take your word on the gi but that guy has sold the same gi to 3 other people and they seemed to love it. Weird.

not saying it's the case here, but there could be times when people create fake accounts to purchase certain items and raise their own cred... even if it ends up costing them money over time.

Do not buy GI's on Ebay period. There are many fakes on Ebay!!!

No offense, but I always wondered what makes people think they can go for the cheapest crap and still expect to get any quality?

My $80 Combat Corner gi has held up longer, and is better quality than my $200+ Gameness Elite.

Back