Worst Nepotism in Wrestling?

David Flair - Where to start? For one, it never seemed to me that David even wanted to be out there. He looked lost and bored most of the time. He obviously was just doing it to please his dad. His complete lack of charisma was even more so magnified by comparisons to his dad. He ended winning both the WCW US Title(after Steiner was stripped of it), AND the WCW World Tag Team Titles with DAFFNEY, when they defeated Kevin Nash and Scott Steiner. What a joke

WOW. I don't remember this tag team but what a joke going over Nash and Steiner. Steiner was jacked at that time too.

Lord knows there's a LOT of nepotism in the wrestling world, but what was the worst example? For me it's probably the early push of Erik Watts or Gange giving his useless son the title. At least with the the VonErich clan, most of them were talented.
Greg Gagne was a good worker. He just was kind of small, but could go in the ring. About 2 months ago, I watched a match with Greg and Bruiser Brody and it was a great match. Greg does not belong on this list.
Erik Watts, David Flair, David Sammartino, George Gulas.

I don't about "worse", but I'm not really a fan of 2nd/3rd gen wrestlers using their dad's gimmick. Charlotte Flair, for example. She's good-looking, athletic, and can work. Do they constantly need to be selling us that she's the reincarnation of The Nature Boy? It seems like a cheap way to get over IMO. Charlotte is talented enough where she could get over on her own.
I don't think natalya has ever had a character outside of being Bret's niece.

Something I also hate is when a wrestler has traits similar to an old wrestler , so they hone in on trying to create a copy and destroy whatever else they had going for them.

I don't think natalya has ever had a character outside of being Bret's niece.

Something I also hate is when a wrestler has traits similar to an old wrestler , so they hone in on trying to create a copy and destroy whatever else they had going for them.

Poor Anvil. The only acknowledgement he’s gotten for being Nattie’s dad on wwe programming, outside of total divas, has been Nakamura wearing his Jacket during the mixed match challenge a few weeks ago. Lol.

I get why he doesn’t come up a lot because he is a train wreck at times in his personal life but that has to drive him nuts as they always talk about her being a third generation wrestler and Bret’s neice. Occasionally Owen and Davey get thrown a bone and mentioned as well but that’s rare.

David Flair in WCW and Steph in general

one can’t run the ropes and the other makes me want to hang myself with one

Poor Anvil. The only acknowledgement he’s gotten for being Nattie’s dad on wwe programming, outside of total divas, has been Nakamura wearing his Jacket during the mixed match challenge a few weeks ago. Lol.

I get why he doesn’t come up a lot because he is a train wreck at times in his personal life but that has to drive him nuts as they always talk about her being a third generation wrestler and Bret’s neice. Occasionally Owen and Davey get thrown a bone and mentioned as well but that’s rare.
I'm going to guess that he doesn't watch enough for it to bother him. Wouldn't be surprised if it bugs her more.

Greg Gagne was a good worker. He just was kind of small, but could go in the ring. About 2 months ago, I watched a match with Greg and Bruiser Brody and it was a great match. Greg does not belong on this list.
Erik Watts, David Flair, David Sammartino, George Gulas.
I wouldnt have Sammartino on that list just because he really never got pushed that much
Bruno tried to make deals with the devils(both Vince and Verne) to get him a push but both times the promoters were smart enough to know he wasnt it and really just used him to try and get Bruno

I wouldnt have Sammartino on that list just because he really never got pushed that much
Bruno tried to make deals with the devils(both Vince and Verne) to get him a push but both times the promoters were smart enough to know he wasnt it and really just used him to try and get Bruno
Here is David no selling his ass off. This is what got him kicked out the WWE.

The worst case of nepotism pro wrestling has seen is Stephanie McMahon. What talent does she have as a wrestler? They made her the Divas champion anyway even though there were women like Lita and Ivory who were infinitely more talented. What talent that she has justifies giving her the mic for 15 or 20 minutes straight to start RAW on Monday nights? The answer of course is none, but nevertheless, Vince let her go on and on and on on the mic for those interminably long seeming segments they open RAW with back then.

Some people may ask why I don't include Shane but for one thing Shane wasn't used as much, they didn't give him the WWF World Championship belt, he was capable of doing some exciting things in his matches, even RVDs Van Terminator, and on the mic at least he was fairly likable.

Yep but more reasons.

Steph is a cancer on the industry:
  • Directly responsible for writers. Ruined wrestling forever.
  • Castrated a generation and a half of wrestlers.
  • Bears part responsibility for the Invasion being shit.
  • Fucks with Smackdown when it starts getting good.

Yep but more reasons.

Steph is a cancer on the industry:
  • Directly responsible for writers. Ruined wrestling forever.
  • Castrated a generation and a half of wrestlers.
  • Bears part responsibility for the Invasion being shit.
  • Fucks with Smackdown when it starts getting good.

She is the worst because she has the power to cause the most damage.

no mention of kurt angle yet? jason jordan has been getting a big undeserved push ever since we learned he was kurt's son

Surprised there's no mention of Kevin Dunn
Theres really only one person that says anything bad about Kevin Dunn, a certain angry crybaby podcaster
Everything else Ive heard from other people that have worked with him is that he pretty much knows his shit and does a good job

Back