Worst Robberies so far in 2018

Except for 3. none of these were robberies, and even 3. is debatable due to the silly criteria.

Northcutt vs Gouti was a bullshit hometown decision. Gouti completely outwrestled Northcutt and landed all the big shots on the feet. People were like "but Gouti did nothing with his takedowns!", when Northcutt did nothing with his stand-up and couldn't control where the fight was happening.

Romero vs Whittaker and Machida vs Anders were much closer fights, I missed the two others.

UFC charging fans to pay for a CM Punk fight on PPV is the biggest robbery of 2018.

I was confident Dodson beat Munhoz, Machida/Anders was very close, but Whittaker/Romero I do strongly feel like it should have been a draw.

If you felt it should’ve been a draw, then a split decision is hardly a “robbery”

If you felt it should’ve been a draw, then a split decision is hardly a “robbery”
Well in the Whittaker/Yoel case I actually think calling it a robbery is fine, cause in my opinion the scoring was clear. Yoel may have only been robbed of a draw and a potential rematch, but a robbery still took place nonetheless. That's my take.

I don't think robbery is the right term for Romero v Whittaker 2. Wrong decision absolutely but it was a very close fight.

I also would've scored the WB v Till fight the other way around but since that fight was absolute shit I don't care enough to be upset.

I remember for the first woodley vs wb fight, a judge scored the first rd 10-8 woodley but the 4th only 10-9

1st was clearly 10-9 and 4th a clear 10-8, he arrived at the correct conclusion (draw), but how he got there was highest order cecil peoples

I don't think the 4th was a 10-8. Woodley knocked him down, but afterwards WB reversed the position and actually ended the round on top/in dominant position.

I don't think the 4th was a 10-8. Woodley knocked him down, but afterwards WB reversed the position and actually ended the round on top/in dominant position.
- 2 knockdowns and a forced panic wrestle from a striker is dominance.
- Sitting in someone's guard is not a dominant position.
- Wonderboy never reversed the position, Woodley let the guillotine go. If he hadn't, it could've even been a 10-7, but because he gave up on the submission attempt at the end, it was "only" a 10-8.

if it's a close fight that can go either way, it's not a robbery. How can people not understand this?????

Northcutt vs Gouti was definitely a hometown robbery. I was cage side for the fight and most ppl were going for Sage but when the fight was over prior to the decision none of them thought he won and then most where surprised afterward.

None of those were robberies. I can't even think of a legitimate robbery. I know they exist, but I can't think of one recent example. The last robbery I can remember was when Vitor beat Heath Herring in PRIDE.

None of those were robberies. I can't even think of a legitimate robbery. I know they exist, but I can't think of one recent example. The last robbery I can remember was when Vitor beat Heath Herring in PRIDE.

Leonard Garcia vs Chan Sung Jung 1
Leonard Garcia vs Nam Phan

Northcutt vs Gouti was a bullshit hometown decision. Gouti completely outwrestled Northcutt and landed all the big shots on the feet. People were like "but Gouti did nothing with his takedowns!", when Northcutt did nothing with his stand-up and couldn't control where the fight was happening.

Romero vs Whittaker and Machida vs Anders were much closer fights, I missed the two others.

Northcutt was actually hitting him from the bottom while Gouti did absolutely nothing so I was scoring the fight for Sage whenever the fight was on the ground.

The total strikes in fight was 125 - 30 in favour of Northcutt.

Back