Worst Robberies so far in 2018

You left these in the microwave bro...

hater_tots.jpg
Lol What a hater that guy is, it’s people like him with his attitude of ignorance and complacency that give a safe haven to bad judging and a corrupt sport overall. I usually just ignore people like that.

I agree with the list except for Whittaker Romero.

An arguement could be made for a draw maybe, but definitely 100% that fight was not a robbery

Some people argue about the use of the word robbery, but that just semantics. If the decision should’ve gone the other way, then there is no ambiguity , no grey area - that shit shouldn’t be used as an excuse for bad judging. If a fight is close but the majority of people who know how to judge fights feel the decision was given to the wrong fighter , then yes technically the fighter who lost was robbed of a victory. It isn’t as subjective sometimes as these people want to make it seem, or else there wouldn’t have been such an uproar caused about the result in the first place. People don’t cause vocal uproars over perceived draws.

That’s just more of that old ufc conditioning with the “don’t leave it to the judges” retarded rationalization.

Last edited:
I was confident Dodson beat Munhoz, Machida/Anders was very close, but Whittaker/Romero I do strongly feel like it should have been a draw.

My issue is that when the main complaint I hear is that it should have been a draw, say, instead of people arguing it shoud have been a victory for romero, isn't that an admission right there that maybe whittaker won, that it was very close?

More people seem to be saying that it should have been a draw. When the argument is between a win for one guy or a draw and its a 5 round fight, I don't really see how we can complain too much when the one guy wins by split decision.

Jason High got 1million$$$ potentially robbed from him last night.

Sherdog logic as usual. A close fight isn't a robbery. If you're arguing how a single round should have been scored, by definition you're not talking about a robbery.

None of those were robberies. I can't even think of a legitimate robbery. I know they exist, but I can't think of one recent example. The last robbery I can remember was when Vitor beat Heath Herring in PRIDE.

Last legit undeniable robbery in the UFC was Diego Sanchez against Ross Pearson.

The only way they could have scored that for Sanchez is if pulling an angry face was a scoring criteria.

There have been some bad decisions (Whitaker Romero 2 could only have been 47-47 or 48-46 to Romero) but no real robberies for a while.

Well in the Whittaker/Yoel case I actually think calling it a robbery is fine, cause in my opinion the scoring was clear. Yoel may have only been robbed of a draw and a potential rematch, but a robbery still took place nonetheless. That's my take.

Any time you are talking about a POSSIBLE 10-8 vs 10-9 round, then it’s not clear.

Back