Worst weather conditions youve lived through.

when i was on vacation in the rainforest in peru, it one night rained terribly. a torrential downpour that forced my two buddies and our trek leader to abandon our cabin for the night, and we had to walk about six stories up a cliff on slippery-ass mud to avoid the rising water. i wasn't too scared, until i saw our trek leader's face as he told us to hurry as fast as we could. i guess he knew how quickly the water could rise if we weren't as fast as needed.

1989hugo0422.gif
I forgot about this storm. I wouldn't say I survived it because by the time it came through southern Ontario it wasn't tropical anymore but I remember it being a very strong storm. I stood on my aunts balcony and watched the winds pretty much bending big pines so much the tips were nearly touching the ground.

I was in Montreal for New Year's partying and barely got out of the path in time. If I'd left one day later, well, I'd probably be stuck there for at least another week.
Be glad you got out in time. I was just outside of the heaviest parts of the storm and even where I lived we had no power for a week in my apartment building and in other parts of town there was no power for a month. Candle light sure doesn't keep you very warm lol. It was bizarre, in some aspects it was beautiful to look at the effects and in other cases it was terrifying to see the power of ice. The weirdest part was trying to sleep at night through the constant barrage of tree limbs snapping and power transformers exploding.

Blizzard of 78, Halloween super storm, and hurricane Wilma.

One time it was raining (1mm), so I stayed at home and didn't go to the gym.

I was also in camp and had a fight coming up, but fuck that. Rain comes out, I'm staying in.

I just told my training partners I had a flu, and just posted on Sherdog, and jacked off all day

Just the extreme cold -40 days -50 something with the windchill

Surveying in Northern Alberta in -50C conditions. 15 minute intervals between the truck and working outside. My eyeball accidently touched the metal eyepiece of the surveying instrument.

It was unpleasant.

I've been through Hurricane Isabel and a couple of typhoons in Japan. They sucked, but I had shelter. The one that sucked most was being on an overnight patrol during Jungle Warfare Training in Panama. Heavy rains all night that kept rolling down the hills like steams with mud.

Nothing too serious, I live in a region where the earth doesn’t try too hard to murder you. No hurricanes, tornados, mudslides, tsunamis, just occasional 110+ degree days.

Hurricane Alicia

The eye passed right over our house. We lost 4 trees within the span of 3 hours or so, one of which ended up on our house.

Had 3 volcano's dump several inches of ash atop my city. Don't know if that counts as weather but it was pretty annoying.

The great Manila flood of 2009. Got stuck in the house for like 32 hours almost run out of fresh food.

I am still lucky only caused minimal damage in my area water is just over 4feet deep just a bit above my chest.

My buddies house was completely submerged his cars got wrecked pretty bad!

images

It was kinda cold yesterday. Had to put my jacket on before I left for work.

Thank God I made it.

Probably the 1980 storm that took out power for two weeks. Apparently the jet stream moved down close to ground level. The wind lasted about an hour. They don't know for certain how hard the wind blew because the building with the weather equipment at the airport recorded 112 mph at 8:48 PM when the building blew down. Other weather stations in the area were only capable of recording up to 100 mph and one of those was still recording 100 mph winds at 9:39 PM. People who studied the damage estimated that wind speeds may have reached 200 mph in some places. Several cement stave silos were blown down along with many barns and houses. One insurance company went bankrupt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Wisconsin_Derecho

Sometimes it rains here in Cali. I will have to sometimes wear a windbreaker with my shorts. Fuking brutal.

<{silvanormal}> PRAY FOR US.

Back