Worst weather conditions youve lived through.

Lived through a few tornados and several hurricanes/typhoons. Super Typhoon Bart was my favorite though. I was basically stuck in a building on Okinawa for 4 days with no electricity and nothing to eat but ham and cheese sandwiches. Found a stray dog that was wandering around outside struggling in the wind/rain so I let him in. We basically just hung out and ate those goddamn sandwiches. I mean....they weren't bad, but by the end of the 4th day, even the dog was like "Naw bro, I'm good." Photo of Bart below for reference...Oki is the island just to the NE of the eye.

super-typhoon-bart-perfect-storm-capt.html
Super_Typhoon_Bart.jpg

Last edited:
Windchill of -60F IIRC when I was a kid. The train we took got stuck in frozen tracks and they had to dynamite the ice. We had to walk 2 blks from teh subway to an apartment bldg and we almost didnt' make it. It was insanely cold and the wind was ludicrous. I would have to talk to my mother but i recall wind chills of -65F.

Did you live in Siberia?

Did you live in Siberia?

That was in Southern Ontario, 1977 or 1978. IIRC both years had freakish winters. I still remember walking to school through tunnels carved in the snow. The hilarious part was that we might have had 2 snow days, meanwhile they cancel school if there is 3 or 4" of snow now.

1977 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze

2091131_orig.jpeg

27790b09e15ab580f74858b7ca37bacd.jpg

Ive lived in some hot shitholes, 1 particular shithole had 5 consecutive days over 50 degrees Celsius and topped in at 56 sandwiched between a month of 40 degrees plus

Well I'm Coast Guard so....

Several Hurricanes
Winter Storms/Gales
-30F wind chills
7ft of snowfall in 36 hours of snowfall

Gatineau Quebec Mid 1980's, can't recall exactly. -40C base temp. approx -60 windchill. Not fun.

Last edited:
44 degrees celsius for the Black Saturday bushfires in Melbourne. Fires got about 15 mins drive from my house, was never really worried but the sky got fucking pretty grim and black for a while.

Back