Worth A Buy

Hyperglide

Tell Apathy
@Gold
Reaction score
He's a YouTuber reviewer. Now before you click the back button or 'X' hear me out. He's hilarious. Like fucking hilarious. And honest.

Was researching some reviews for Elite Dangerous and came across his channel by happenstance. Thought he was kind of annoying at first but stuck with him. Then I caught myself chortling. A few minutes passed and I was laughing. He doesn't tell it like a trite IGN or Gamespot reviewer. He's not one of those bellends.

He's not all super professional like ACG or TotalBiscuit. He's angrier then AngryJoe. And he's got a bell. DING.

So after that Elite Dangerous review I just binged a LOT of his stuff. I disagree with a lot of his viewpoints but can see his point and he's always entertaining.

So any of you nerds watch his content? How has he not got yuge? I mean he's got over 100k subs but he's not a Juggernaut like AngryJoe or Jim Sterling.

Go watch his shit!

Here's some of my faves to sample his works.

I used to watch him, I think he's terrible.

Yes he's hilarious at first but then his incessant moaning and complaining and acting like games were "better back in the day" is so flawed. Feels like he's barely reviewing a game but reminiscing about old times. Its funny because when games are reduced to "shoot here, go here, pick this up" etc that sounds like shit and thats what he does.

You could reduce DOOM or DOOM 2016 to that but does that make it shit? No.

Atleast Yathzee has a similar shtick but there is a review under all the snarky funny "outbursts". I also like to know what kind of games a reviewer prefers so I have context for their biases etc in the reviews. So when Yahtzee, who doesnt like JRPGs, says Persona 5 is good. Then you know that shit is good.

I think I've came across some of his videos here and there, and he's not on my "ignore" list for viewing (like ACG and Angry Joe are) so I must like him enough.

I used to watch him, I think he's terrible.

Yes he's hilarious at first but then his incessant moaning and complaining and acting like games were "better back in the day" is so flawed. Feels like he's barely reviewing a game but reminiscing about old times. Its funny because when games are reduced to "shoot here, go here, pick this up" etc that sounds like shit and thats what he does.

You could reduce DOOM or DOOM 2016 to that but does that make it shit? No.

Atleast Yathzee has a similar shtick but there is a review under all the snarky funny "outbursts". I also like to know what kind of games a reviewer prefers so I have context for their biases etc in the reviews. So when Yahtzee, who doesnt like JRPGs, says Persona 5 is good. Then you know that shit is good.

I thought the same as you at first. Then I just took what he says with a grain of salt and watched for his entertaining rants. He never goes to in depth about graphics other then "they look great on an I7, with a GTX 770 and runs at a solid 60 fps." He complains about shit being over-consolized, or having to use a "cawntrOHller" but it's parts like that which makes him funny.

He's like a snarky get off my lawn good ole chap from down the pub whose had a few to many.

Used to watch all of his videos. Unfortunately he realized people just wanted to hear him freakout and rant and it got to be a bit overdone.

I'm watching the Kingdom Come one right now and it's good. I assume it's you who posted it in the KCD topic so if it was you, thanks for posting it.

Back