Would anyone blame Stipe for leaving the UFC if he doesn’t receive his rematch?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Personally I think should just fight Blaydes because it’s probably his best chance to the title and it’ll see how Blaydes will do against top opposition. I also understand why he won’t take it but I don’t see how it’ll work out long term if he attempts to wait on DC if he’s fighting Brock and (POTENTIALLY)Jones.

Of course I'd blame him, either Brock beats DC and Stipe is a clear next in line or DC wins and there's a vacant title which he'd probably compete for

Would his contract even let him leave? I just expect Stipe to be disgruntled but still take another fight, or just wait until the title is vacated/he gets a shot.

The UFC doesn't care unfortunately if you don't sell, they let great fighters like Rory and Gegard go. He deserves it though but look what happened with Aldo

Last edited:
I mean he just has to chill a few months and he'll be back in title contention

its his fault, period.

that would be stupid and stipe needs to earn his shot its not like he got robbed.

poor guy got knocked out - it wasnt like the fight was a close hard fought decision. hate to see him leave the ufc though, he is still top of the line at HW

Yes. It would be very diva of him.

I could not blame anyone for leaving the UFC.

My god he got Koed ! there is no reason for the re-match . How about he gets a win back on hes record then get the title back! DC wont be around much longer anyways

Stipe had issues with ufc before no rematch. He wasn't happy before and not after. Even if ufc was going to give him rematch he'd complain afterwards. He has a title shot around the corner. Let cormier beat brock and vacate, and fight someone in the meantime. Stipe was ko'd in the first round, aldo wasn't given rematch and stipe wont. But hw is so weak he should get his title back quickly, just fight one match and then he's in title contention.

Stipe got KTFO in the first round. Its not like it was a close fight with questionable judges decision.

Miocic is a piece of shit. Ngannou is a piece of shit. They can both leave the UFC. Brock Lesnar is coming for DC, motherfucker.

Personally I think should just fight Blaydes because it’s probably his best chance to the title and it’ll see how Blaydes will do against top opposition. I also understand why he won’t take it but I don’t see how it’ll work out long term if he attempts to wait on DC if he’s fighting Brock and (POTENTIALLY)Jones.
Well the UFC brass would blame him so unless he's retired from fighting he's got no other choice.
Also TS you're title and thread don't make sense together you should craft better ones that fit. Blaydes v Stipe probably only fight for the belt at this point.

I'd support him entering Bellator, juicing up and changing his nickname to the "Croatian Sensation" and doing some crazy pre-fight ritual where he eats some horrific Croatian goulash and later just pukes it on the opponent mid-fight.

Hell yeah.

He's making a 750k flat rate. He'd be dumb to leave with that kind of money.

Take a fight later this year for #1 contender. I agree that he technically should get an instant rematch based on his resume since everyone else did. Personally though, I don't think anyone deserves an instant rematch outside of a fluke or bad decision. Fight Blaydes or Volkov for #1 contender or just wait until DC/Brock. If DC wins, the title will be vacant anyway. If Brock wins, you'd probably be next in line.

He would have to retire since he is under contract

Back