Would anyone blame Stipe for leaving the UFC if he doesn’t receive his rematch?

Yes, sometimes stars jump the line, it's just how things work. Same thing when GSP came back and jumped Whittaker.

If Jones' suspension ends soon, then Stipe can fight Jones at HW. Beating Jones would erase the DC loss and more.

He will be fighting Volkov or Blaydes for the title in a few months. DC finna retire soon after this garbage Brock fight. Also he's making massive money,would be foolish.

lol are you out of your mind? Have you seen the HW landscape? Bellator hasn't had a champion fight for four fucking years. They've literally got two LHWs fighting HWs for their damn tourney, one of them being Chael goddamn Sonnen. WSOF/PSL HW champ just jumped ship to the UFC. I had to look up what ONE FC's champ is and it turns out its Brandon fucking Vera and his last title fight was two years ago too.

idk where Stipe would jump ship to but he'd be doing so at such a serious downgrade of pay and prestige it can't be worth it. Even if for some reason he wasn't under contract.

Where is he going to make the kind of money he is making now?

If brock wins hes fighting cain to avenge his loss, plus cain should be ready to return and he wants that fight for the belt

If you have one title defense or one hundred it shouldn't matter if you got finished in the fight, no one deserves an instant rematch for getting finished.

Good luck getting 750k and PPV points from Bellator...

He’ll get the title back when DC retires anyways.

It would be silly to jump ship just after you got the new contract you've been dickering over for, what, a year now? I don't care how stiff-necked with pride he could be, frugality is going to call the shots, especially with a first child due any day now.

That being said...it's true that his gym has had far more fighters in Bellator than the UFC, there may be a better understanding there.

Last edited:
I could not blame anyone for leaving the UFC.
Stipe has a real great chance of winning the belt back. Especially with DC close to retiring. He would be stupid to leave the UFC, because no where else can match the PPV bonus the UFC champs get

He just signed a new contract... how the fuck exactly could he leave????

The UFC owns him until they cut him or he fights out his contract

Yeah. I don't think anyone should feel they are owed an immediate rematch when they just got KO'd. That said, the UFC has the bad habit of giving literally every champ not named Jose Aldo an immediate rematch, so I can see why Stipe would be upset.

1. He just signed a new contract and can't leave.

2. The dude cares about money. Where else is going to get paid as much?

His best bet is try to pick up the vacant title after DC retires. Yeah, sucks for him, but it's his best chance to get paid the most money.

Brock called Stipe a piece of shit.. Stipe is clearly next after Brock vs DC with maybe Jones lurking in the shadows. There could be a Stipe vs Lesnar fight down the line. Lesnar already sowing the seeds for Ngonunun, Stipe, Jones and DC.

lol why should UFC give him an immediate rematch. He got S T A R C H E D. Wouldn't be great for Stipe's career if he was riding 2 back to back loses. Let him get another win or two under his belt.

What if he fights Jones if he comes back soon? It's a good matchup and allows Jones to move up without getting an instant title shot. Probably wouldn't happen though

What if he fights Jones if he comes back soon? It's a good matchup and allows Jones to move up without getting an instant title shot. Probably wouldn't happen though

Jones vs Stipe would be an interesting fight, and more of a superfight than dc, because theyre both the best in the history of their respective divisions. I dont know how big it would be in terms of revenue though, but surely its a fight for stipe to try and campaign for. I really dont think hes going to get his rematch, which is kind of odd since the ufc have made sure to indoctrinate us as to his undeniable hw goat status since the francis fight. You dont give your goat, record breaking hw a rematch? Intere$ting.

Why would he deserve a rematch? He got knocked out in the first round. It wasnt a flike ko after 20seconds, nor was Stipe some GSP/Silva/JJ tier champ.

Back