Would anyone blame Stipe for leaving the UFC if he doesn’t receive his rematch?

Theres no denying that Stipe is being Aldoed because of Bork.
I don’t get it why it have to be for the HW belt since Lazer have no place disputing a title right now and DC have no defenses in that category.
If i was the promoter this fight would be a super fight and thats all.
Then IF DC wins and wishes to still compete at HW then give Meowcic his rematch.

Why would he deserve a rematch? He got knocked out in the first round. It wasnt a flike ko after 20seconds, nor was Stipe some GSP/Silva/JJ tier champ.
Good point.
He is the HW champion with more defenses in his card.

Stipe got KTFO in the first round. Its not like it was a close fight with questionable judges decision.
Well garbrandt is getting a rematch and didn’t even have a title defence plus he got knocked out

Well garbrandt is getting a rematch and didn’t even have a title defence plus he got knocked out

Difference is Cody is a young talent and marketable. Their fight was also a lot more competitive and has a big "grudge" going for it behind the scenes. Hes still extremely lucky to get that rematch.

Stipe never put any effort into hyping fights, now he thinks he can demand rematches? Lol

Difference is Cody is a young talent and marketable. Their fight was also a lot more competitive and has a big "grudge" going for it behind the scenes. Hes still extremely lucky to get that rematch.

Stipe never put any effort into hyping fights, now he thinks he can demand rematches? Lol
The guy broke the record for heavyweight title defences which itself should put him in line for a rematch, I didn’t say he should get an immediate rematch but if anyone has a case, it’s stipe

He isnt the heavyweight champion anymore. He has no leverage and deserves nothing.
Ok:(
Still dont change the fact that while he WAS the champion,he was the only one capable to make a run holding the belt.
Thats count to something when you have champions who doesn’t even accept a fight.

The guy broke the record for heavyweight title defences which itself should put him in line for a rematch, I didn’t say he should get an immediate rematch but if anyone has a case, it’s stipe

Its tth heavyweight division, it means literally nothing. If he was on some MM, Hughes, Silva, JJ, GSP etc streak I would give some respect to that angle. But the fact is he wasn't.

anyone knows how much fights Stipe has left on his contract?

dc said on conan he will be done in march when he's 40, he isn't fighting past his birthday. stipe could fight for the title again in less than a years time.

Of course I'd blame him, either Brock beats DC and Stipe is a clear next in line or DC wins and there's a vacant title which he'd probably compete for
Agreed. Stipe shouldn't be far from a title shot no matter what happens with DC-Brock. Would love to see him fight someone before that fight happens though.

Blame him or care? Maybe someone should make a poll?

I think it would be dumb to leave and really doubt he would. But the man is heavily principled so it wouldn't be a complete shocker.

Blame him for what? If he did decide to leave the UFC because of that, then we would be able to confirm that he's a whiner and a cry baby. He doesn't deserve an instant rematch. The end. Fight Blayes and if you win, you will fight for the belt next.

He will fight DC because lesnar will fail a test before the fight happens

Miocic is a piece of shit. Ngannou is a piece of shit. They can both leave the UFC. Brock Lesnar is coming for DC, motherfucker.

Haha. did you get yellow carded for this post?

I wouldn't blame him, it would be great if he did so when he was the champion.
(Hopefully he wins it back once DC retires)

He should just wait for a tittle shot even if he takes a year off it’s his best move

The UFC doesn't care unfortunately if you don't sell, they let great fighters like Rory and Gegard go. He deserves it though but look what happened with Aldo

Those two wanted to leave.

Cormier beat him handily, so I personally wouldn't be in a rush to watch it back.

It's always hard to predict; but I wouldn't be surprised if the next title shot Miocic gets is for the vacant belt. He got KO'd, has a kid on the way, so he'll possibly be off for the rest of the year and early next year. If he thinks the UFC will change their mind, forget it - unless Lesnar gets injured or something else pops up - but I don't think Miocic would be willing to step in short notice if a date is set for Cormier and Lesnar and the fight goes tits up.

Miocic's reasoning for getting a rematch, is having the most defences of the title, and the label of best HW ever. But it's another example that shows the UFC don't give a fuck about the belts or rankings. I don't know why the fighters don't grasp this, or they can be the best employee and the UFC will shit on them. I'm sure Bellator would snap him up, but I couldn't name 1 HW there, and it's not like the HW division in the UFC is stacked either.

Difference is Cody is a young talent and marketable. Their fight was also a lot more competitive and has a big "grudge" going for it behind the scenes.

I think he's getting the title shot more because of the back story between them than Garbrandt being marketable - which I think the UFC are awful at doing, and it's on the fighter and his/her manager/mangement's to make them marketable. He's not exactly an interesting interviewee either, imo, but who cares about all that.

Back