Would GSP have returned to 170 if Maia beat Woodley?

"Everyone knew"

"Popular Rumor"

You're going to have to clean up if you want to keep entertaining me here, I don't like being trolled.

And you said nobody knew. Don’t play stupid-smart-ass.

And you said nobody knew. Don’t play stupid-smart-ass.

I didn't know, surely. I thought most people viewed him as an almost unbeatable and dominant champion. You can correct me if I'm wrong here I am very open minded.

Lol. So you are willing to sound like an idiot because you are a Silva fan? So am I. I am a fan of most fighters. I DO have to rip of Conor because of his fans, not because of him. Regardless, GSP never claimed to be the best MW, never declared he could beat Whitaker or even Bisping. He just went up and tried. And if you think he looked like ANY other version of GSP you are crazy. He looked like a puffed up cartoon character. He had NONE of the fluid movement that he had at ww. He looked more like a body builder trying to fight in MMA.

That could be because of his age or his layoff, as well as size too. Surely a combination of all those factors. You are a Conor hater because of all of his fans? I'm sorry that's the way you live your life.

It's just a common view that the Champion is one of the best if not the best fighter in the division. At case with GSP @MW this is just not true.

And for the people saying it's hypocritical to say GSP picked his fight, while believing he would lose to Bisping - you have a very limited way of thinking. As far as I am concerned GSP pulled off an upset, but if i were making hypothetical odds it would look like

GSP (+120)
vs
Bisping (-140)

GSP (+230)
vs
Woodley (-270)

so to say that he didn't pick his fight just because he still had a challenge (albeit a lesser one) is flawed.

I love what GSP is doing to be honest.

At this point In his career he’s focusing on fighting in all different divisions (something I love) and fighting high profile fighters.

Wants Khabib because he’s undefeated. Wants Conor cause he holds two belts himself and would be his biggest selling fight ever. Maybe MMAs highest selling fight ever. It’s the definition of a Marquee matchup. He wants to be apart of that.

But he should fight Rob because some knobs on the internet want him to. And say he did fight Rob and beat him you internet dorks would be saying he needs to fight Romero next or Kelvin, or Chris so he can finally get your respect. He doesn’t need to because he did that at WW and did it twice.

Listen I would like GSP to fight a ton of different guys, Rob, Colby, Wonderboy, Romero. I’d like to even see him fight Belfort, Tony and other LW guys but that isn’t gonna happen.

Yeah I know it's not gonna happen too, man. And I'm glad you love what he's doing (getting title shots he doesn't deserve). Don't call me a knob though, bro.

I am not some GSP hater, I just hate when fighters cheapen entire divisions.

I am a Jon Jones fan but I DO hold him accountable for what he did to LHW :'(

That could be because of his age or his layoff, as well as size too. Surely a combination of all those factors. You are a Conor hater because of all of his fans? I'm sorry that's the way you live your life.

It's just a common view that the Champion is one of the best if not the best fighter in the division. At case with GSP @MW this is just not true.

And for the people saying it's hypocritical to say GSP picked his fight, while believing he would lose to Bisping - you have a very limited way of thinking. As far as I am concerned GSP pulled off an upset, but if i were making hypothetical odds it would look like

GSP (+120)
vs
Bisping (-140)

GSP (+230)
vs
Woodley (-270)

so to say that he didn't pick his fight just because he still had a challenge (albeit a lesser one) is flawed.
Look. Bisping beat Silva. GSP beat Bisping. It is as simple as that.

People who think GSP is scared of fighting a muscular person of color in the octagon also have rape fantasies about said people of color. Nothing else explains these haters' emotional investment in Tyquil's "greatness".

Class is in session.

GSP always fought the top contender during his WW GOAT reign. Always. Every. Single. One. Never ducked anyone.

GSP is strong enough not to suck up to Dana and Dana hates him for it so Dana keeps him out of the spotlight even if it costs the UFC fans and money.

Tyron is a nobody, because of his own choices.

GSP is independently wealthy and after giving away bits of his health and body to the sport he has the right to wait for money and legacy fights now.

Any other questions?

I think that's a small, minor section.

Most of them are just basic and insulting fighter fanbois.

GSP no want fight? GSP afraid.

Can Tyron KO GSP? Hell yeah. He can also KO Condit, Lawler, Rory, Wonderboy, Maia... The only time he did it was when his opponent fought 3 hard wars in the year he sat out and rested.

Tyron is a odd pick for the GSP haters to put their eggs it. It doesn't make sense, GSP is pressure and judge friendly, Tyron is passive and gives rounds away, it's not a great match-up for Tyron, but because it won't happen, they can live in that space.

Last edited:
I think that's a small, minor section.

Most of them are just basic and insulting fighter fanbois.

GSP no want fight? GSP afraid.

Can Tyron KO GSP? Hell yeah. He can also KO Condit, Lawler, Rory, Wonderboy, Maia... The only time he did it was when his opponent fought 3 hard wars in the year he sat out and rested.

Tyron is a odd pick for the GSP haters to put their eggs it. It doesn't make sense, GSP is pressure and judge friendly, Tyron is passive and gives rounds away, it's not a great match-up for Tyron, but because it won't happen, they can live in that space.

I am not a fan of Tyron Woodley, vegas would surely place him as a considerable favorite.

GSP in his prime beats Woodley IMO. You have me completely misunderstood you are just a bewildered fan of GSP, holding on to the argument that GSP needed time off mentally because of physical sickness (correlation or coincidence?)

LOL! That isn't trolling. It is a simple fact. GSP beat up and knocked out the guy that beat Silva.

But it is completely irrelevant to anything being discussed? You have looked stupid this entire time, but now you've stooped to petty.

And it is not like that fight was without it's controversy

But it is completely irrelevant to anything being discussed? You have looked stupid this entire time, but now you've stooped to petty.

And it is not like that fight was without it's controversy
Silva and Bisping have both fought at 205. GSP, who is going to fight at 155, has beat the Middleweight champ. The champ that beat Silva. The same Silva that also fought at 205. Considering this, it is really hard to make a point that GSP is not the goat fighter.

I am not a fan of Tyron Woodley, vegas would surely place him as a considerable favorite.

Why even bother saying this without an attempt at an argument?

I think you're wrong.

You have me completely misunderstood

I wasn't quoting or targeting you. I was giving my perspective on a section of a group of people.

If you feel you don't fit the bill, or I am wrong, great. You can speak for yourself and I don't care enough to call you liar.

you are just a...

Stop. Again, you don't know what you're talking about.

If you want to excuse me away, go ahead, I don't need to hear it. I didn't quote you.

Silva and Bisping have both fought at 205. GSP, who is going to fight at 155, has beat the Middleweight champ. The champ that beat Silva. The same Silva that also fought at 205. Considering this, it is really hard to make a point that GSP is not the goat fighter.

What?? Dude.... what you just said made everyone in this thread lose braincells.

Why even bother saying this without an attempt at an argument?

I think you're wrong.

I wasn't quoting or targeting you. I was giving my perspective on a section of a group of people.

If you feel you don't fit the bill, or I am wrong, great. You can speak for yourself and I'm don't care enough to call you liar.

Stop. Again, you don't know what you're talking about.

If you want to excuse me away, go ahead, I don't need to hear it. I didn't quote you.

Sorry for the improper etiquette, but i am actually dead (rip) if you don't think Vegas would favor Woodley over GSP at this very point in time. Whether you think he wins or not is irrelevant.

also can you explain wtf this guy is trying to say to me, please? thank you

What?? Dude.... what you just said made everyone in this thread lose braincells.
I think everyone in this thread besides you understood quite well. Now I really hope it didn't make you lose any brain cells. I think you need the ones you have.

tbh, I'm surprised you're figuring out what I'm saying. I'm typing on a phone, on my way home, and it's brutal.

I have too much faith in autocorrect

Sorry for the improper etiquette, but i am actually dead (rip) if you don't think Vegas would favor Woodley over GSP at this very point in time. Whether you think he wins or not is irrelevant.

• Georges St. Pierre -185
vs.

Tyron Woodley +150

tbh, I'm surprised you're figuring out what I'm saying. I'm typing on a phone, on my way home, and it's brutal.

I have too much faith in autocorrect

Haven't noticed, its not so bad. Be safe dont text and drive.

My question wasn't rhetorical though I really cant understand what he was trying to say or how he got to his final conclusion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back