Would it Take SPENCE 12 rounds to finish Jose Benavidez?

GolovkinGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just saying..... ffs Omar Figueroa Jr. would fold Benavidez.. why is he not as fluid as his brother? thought David Benavidez learned the craft from his big bro.. so naïve I am (yoda voice smoking a spliff)

Eye test alone, how is Chris Algieri, a former kickboxer, more fluid and slick than a Mexican American in Jose Benavidez?

seen better movement by these guys, whom come from the West Coast:

Figueroa Jr.
Brandon Rios
Victor Ortiz
Josesito Lopez
Jesus Soto Karass

Okay, Spence would have him out in 6 or less if he got Lamont out as fast. That answers your initial question.

The rest of your post is trying to discredit Crawford's W tonight.

I forgot Omar Figueroa existed, what happened to him?

He looked like a low output tall Vic darcynian.

Didn’t take near enough risks, but when he did open up he got murked.

He did throw a couple of nice combos, and I believe a right to the body that got buds attention, but I thought he should’ve done better.

Looked robotic for most of the fight.

Spence isn't knocking this kid out earlier then Crawford and Spence power is overrated because Spence wares you down with a constant attack and doesn't have that single punch KO power that everyone thinks he has.

Spence is your ware you down then the ref stops you late in the fight and not your one punch knockout expert.

Spence stops fighters like terrible Terry Norris and not like Mike Tyson.

So this early stoppage isn't happening, unless Benavidez becomes shot overnight, or Spence fights him in about a couple years and after a couple of wars , when Benavidez is probably done and can't defend himself properly.

Benavidez is to skillful and talented and would give anyone hell,even against the other champions and could upset certain champions right now if given a shot.

Your just trying to downplay Crawford"s win by insinuating, that Benavidez is a bum and Spence would stop him with ease and early and this is simply false.

Or your just saying Spence hits harder then Crawford and he doesn't, both fighters can crack about the same.

Just saying..... ffs Omar Figueroa Jr. would fold Benavidez.. why is he not as fluid as his brother? thought David Benavidez learned the craft from his big bro.. so naïve I am (yoda voice smoking a spliff)

Eye test alone, how is Chris Algieri, a former kickboxer, more fluid and slick than a Mexican American in Jose Benavidez?

seen better movement by these guys, whom come from the West Coast:

Figueroa Jr.
Brandon Rios
Victor Ortiz
Josesito Lopez
Jesus Soto Karass
So how much money did you lose betting on Jose? Your post smacks of sour grapes.

Spence isn't knocking this kid out earlier then Crawford and Spence power is overrated because Spence wares you down with a constant attack and doesn't have that single punch KO power that everyone thinks he has.

Spence is your ware you down then the ref stops you late in the fight and not your one punch knockout expert.

Spence stops fighters like terrible Terry Norris and not like Mike Tyson.

So this early stoppage isn't happening, unless Benavidez becomes shot overnight, or Spence fights him in about a couple years and after a couple of wars , when Benavidez is probably done and can't defend himself properly.

Benavidez is to skillful and talented and would give anyone hell,even against the other champions and could upset certain champions right now if given a shot.

Your just trying to downplay Crawford"s win by insinuating, that Benavidez is a bum and Spence would stop him with ease and early and this is simply false.

Or your just saying Spence hits harder then Crawford and he doesn't, both fighters can crack about the same.
Agree all around, I still think Spence is a little better than Bud though

Benavidez isnt some untalented bum like so many are making him out to be, he held his own last night and clearly isnt the same fighter 4 years ago after getting shot

Benavidez does not last 12 rounds with Spence not even close, Spence would have beat the shit out of Benavidez. Too much power, intelligent pressure, great timing, a motor that just does not stop, and better feet then Benavidez. Spences power and offensive usually gets to his opponents before the midpoint of the fight if not earlier. It took Crawford 12 rounds to hurt a fighter that was shelling up as his plan B defensive strategy during most of the fight , Spence would have hurt Benavidez before the middle of the fight shelling up like that and either got him out of there or forced his coaches or the ref to stop the fight due to the beating. I thought Crawford would have had more success earlier in the fight and was surprised with the success that Benavidez had during that time especially with the Jab and some good right hands to the head and body and with his ability to walk through Crawford's power for the majority of the fight. Crawford vs Danny G would be a great fight to see moving forward to see how Crawford stacks up with an elite fighter at 147 but we'll see how the two sides of the street work with each other. If the two ever fight Spence gonna give Crawford that L.

Last edited:
Benavidez is a decent fighter. He was a little untested as a pro but he's a good boxer.

Crawford looked pretty hittable in this one though.

Benavides is pretty solid and for a minute he brought it. Crawford is just a better thinker, more skilled and doesnt have a reconstructed knee. A little disappointed Bud after all the hooplah you guys throw about him, his defense isn't very good. But it's a good win, he didnt rush, took his time and caught him when it came, not like he tried to roll through him, he seemed content to win the decision and then he clipped the guy.
I think about Benavides in there with Danny "Swift", Keef, Porter and Spence, and I see the fight being a bit more violent from each one of those guys the moment Benavides mobility started to effect him in the 6th.
spence is a volume guy he's not a one puncher, but probably would've gotten him out by the 8th or 9th.

"But the bum knee!"

Stop mentioning the knee! It was a known factor going into the fight, and Benavidez clearly built his style around it being a part of himself. He countered TC all night, and fought a great fight, it just wasn't enough. This doesn't necessarily rule out Crawford's chances against the top dogs at 147, Jose knew what the fuck he was doing in there, could be a title holder one day if he gets back to work. I personally think Crawford has a rough time with the elite at 147 because 147 is the elite weightclass atm and they are all killers at the top. But not because he was "exposed by a one legged fighter". Hell, if you want to go that route, might as well say he was a NO LEGGED fight because his good leg got tired after a couple rounds, roflmao!

Good fight, stoppage well earned!

Benavidez is a decent fighter. He was a little untested as a pro but he's a good boxer.

Crawford looked pretty hittable in this one though.

True, and true. Looking hittable isn't great if he's supposed to fight Spence at some point.

True, and true. Looking hittable isn't great if he's supposed to fight Spence at some point.

Danny Garcia’s power is no joke. Most everybody that fights Garcia is cautious which is why Porter’s style, Grimey forward, worked against Garcia. Even Broner had no answers. Swift is a technician sharp shooter, good body jab, excellent counter puncher...if Swift had the dog in him I’d say he’d be like Canelo Alvarez. Their upper body movement is very similar. Danny got power in both hands like TC. I’d like to see TC take Danny’s left hook...

I don't think too many people dispute the fact that Spence is a more dangerous offensive fighter than Crawford. Pacquiao and Chavez were more dangerous offensively than Floyd and Pernell, respectively, but they weren't better fighters. Now, I think that Crawford's performance wasn't exactly perfect and that he showed some flaws that could be exploited by a guy like Spence, but Spence getting a guy like Benavidez out of there earlier than Crawford did doesn't tell us all that much about a matchup between the two of them.

I don't think too many people dispute the fact that Spence is a more dangerous offensive fighter than Crawford. Pacquiao and Chavez were more dangerous offensively than Floyd and Pernell, respectively, but they weren't better fighters. Now, I think that Crawford's performance wasn't exactly perfect and that he showed some flaws that could be exploited by a guy like Spence, but Spence getting a guy like Benavidez out of there earlier than Crawford did doesn't tell us all that much about a matchup between the two of them.

Spence has fought slicksters without problems like Peterson,Brook, and Algieri. These like to box. Spence if in real danger could probably fall back to just boxing... but there’s a relentless effort time that Spence applies the heat like GGG and it becomes chop season. Spence is really a 154 fighter. TC knows this

The issue is that Crawford's defense is not on Floyd or Pernell's level, and Spence's has a more disciplined technical attack then Pac, has better defensive awareness and is much better at cutting off the ring. I agree with your last statement, will have to add that I think I took away that crawford's troubles with Benavidez the first half of the fight are telling as Spence is a whole another ball game as a boxer. And the fact that Benavidex was able to walk through TC's power for the majority of the fight.

Last edited:
Back