Would this be the biggest event in combat sports history?

Loriquero

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
stand_up_GOAT.png

The large format image: https://ibb.co/jR7MaS

LOL this is the type of fantasy thread I usually make before getting roasted by the grumpy bastards on here who refuse to be open minded. Although the chance of it ever happening is low it would be an amazing event.

Yi Long is a superstar in China but I would replace him with Qiu Jianliang because he's a lot better. Kickboxing is popular in China and Qiu is Chinese so it will still gain a lot of attention in China. Endy Semeleer I think is too big for 155lbs. Maybe replace him with Robin Van Roosmelen.

You could even make the event bigger by changing it to a 16 man tournament over a period of a few months similar to the world boxing series where there is just one fight per person a night instead of having a fighter fight multiple times and change it from 3 to 5 rounds. I've always thought 3 x 3 rounds in kickboxing is stupid.

To make it a 16 man tournament you could add in Pacquiao representing the Philippines (who would sign up to anything Floyds in). Jeff Horn representing Australia, Jose Aldo representing Brazil, Chingiz Allozov representing Belarus, Vladislav Tuinov representing Russia, Enriko Kehl representing Germany, Jordan Watson representing England and Dylan Salvador representing France. That way you could market the event in all of these countries and there would be a lot of national pride and more eyes glued to the screen.

You still wouldn't be able to call the winner the stand up GOAT like you put on the poster. In order to do that you would have to add several other Thai's like Yodsanklai and Yodwicha. A couple more Dutch fighters and several other American boxers like Errol Spence and Crawford.

Yi Long is a superstar in China but I would replace him with Qiu Jianliang because he's a lot better. Kickboxing is popular in China and Qiu is Chinese so it will still gain a lot of attention in China..

Thanks for your positive input.

I know is hard, but Floyd seems to be serious about his MMA aspirations and doing something different. So why don't convince him to do something where people would not be allowed to put him on his butt and staying there for 15 minutes?

For Conor, the UFC probably would never allow him to get humillated on the feet by one unknown (by mainstream standards) Thai, armenian, dutch or italian dude. But provided there is no UFC in the way, you would only have to appeal to his ego. I think he truly believes he is the best stand up fighter out there... So just ask him if he thinks anyone can beat him on the feet and he will be in.

The reason I put Yi Long there is because while QJL, Wei Rui and Yang Zhuo are quite popular in the chinese hardcore fan community, they don't have near the pop star popularity that Yi Long has in China.... Is just crazy, when you watch a chinese event, even if it has nothing to do with yi long, chinese netizes will talk about him And I didn't want to do the most competitive kickboxing event ever, I'm just thinking about making the most popular combat sports event ever.

That's why you put Jose Aldo there in your idea of the 16 man tournament and not Edson Barboza, that would be much more competitive in there.

Although the chance of it ever happening is low it would be an amazing event.

What if someone makes that poster looks like a real one (no a MS Paint version) and we start @ing all the people that could make that happen on twitter? Specially if it can reach Conor's Floyd's, Glory's and WLF's eyes

Last edited:
From all great Dutch fighters you choose this one?

From all great Dutch fighters you choose this one?
I think Endy is the hottest dutch prospect at that weight right now. You can put RvR also, but then you have to change the brackets... I don't think many people want to see Sittichai vs Robin again... Or maybe I'm wrong. And the idea is to give Floyd and Conor the easiest high profile fights available out there, hoping they can beat their opponents (big if) and then fight in the final against the other guy who was in the competitive bracket and hopefully is tired and beat up as fuck so the final would be competitive.

floyd and conor would be the event alone lol

Lol, i usually bash these threads but i think this is quite funny. I'll come up with my own fantasy tournament soon

Thanks for your positive input.

I know is hard, but Floyd seems to be serious about his MMA aspirations and doing something different. So why don't convince him to do something where people would not be allowed to put him on his butt and staying there for 15 minutes?

For Conor, the UFC probably would never allow him to get humillated on the feet by one unknown (by mainstream standards) Thai, armenian, dutch or italian dude. But provided there is no UFC in the way, you would only have to appeal to his ego. I think he truly believes he is the best stand up fighter out there... So just ask him if he thinks anyone can beat him on the feet and he will be in.

The reason I put Yi Long there is because while QJL, Wei Rui and Yang Zhuo are quite popular in the chinese hardcore fan community, they don't have near the pop star popularity that Yi Long has in China.... Is just crazy, when you watch a chinese event, even if it has nothing to do with yi long, chinese netizes will talk about him And I didn't want to do the most competitive kickboxing event ever, I'm just thinking about making the most popular combat sports event ever.

That's why you put Jose Aldo there in your idea of the 16 man tournament and not Edson Barboza, that would be much more competitive in there.

What if someone makes that poster looks like a real one (no a MS Paint version) and we start @ing all the people that could make that happen on twitter? Specially if it can reach Conor's Floyd's, Glory's and WLF's eyes
No chance that something like this would actually happen but it's possible to start some hype around it.

Ultimate standup fighting (USF) 16-man tournament:
This scenario is not meant to determine the best standup fighter, but rather to create hype value across all big combat sports.

Ultimate standup fighting (USF)

Rules: Either 3x5 rounds , fights spread over four events, or 3x3 rounds, spread over two events.
MMA gloves with western muay thai scoring. Clinch, elbows and trips and takedowns are allowed. No ground wrestling and no ground and pound.

The tournament brackets are designed so that at least one boxer and one mma fighter will advance to semi-finals. The problem if you put kickboxers against the rest in the first round of the tournament is the MMA and boxing stars would get wiped out, and then the tournament would lose the hype value.

Tournament bracket A:
Mayweather vs Yi Long
GGG vs Zambidis (or any other fighter, Maybe Petrosyan)

I believe Mayweather will beat Yi Long. This fight has some hype value for Chinese fans aswell as american fans since he will be fighting some Buddhist Monk. GGG against Zambidis would end quick but i think it would be a fun fight while it lasted. The possibility of Mayweather vs GGG also gives hype value. This bracket would be designed to send a boxing star to the semi-final. I believe GGG will beat Mayweather for sure and advance to to the semi-final.

Tournament Bracket B:
McGregor vs Andy Souwer (or another fighter, perhaps Amir Khan)
Nate Diaz vs Canelo

I think McGregor can beat Andy Souwer at this point. Apart from this fight, the bracket is pretty unpredictable. I'm not sure who would win between Diaz and Canelo, and i'm not sure who would win between McGregor and either of Diaz and Canelo. I'd favour McGregor though.

Tournament Bracket C:
Sittichai vs Khabib
Marat Grigorian vs Rafael Dos Anjos

Not so much hype value in this one, i just gave Marat and Sittichai their own category so that they don't wipe out all the boxing stars and mma stars within the first round of the tournament.

Tournament Bracket D:
Buakaw vs Saenchai
Yodwicha vs Miguel Cotto

Decent levels of hype here. Same logic as Bracket C.

Semi-finals:
Winner A vs Winner B
Winner D vs Winner C

Final:
Winner of semi-final 1 vs winner of semi-final 2:

Predictions: GGG vs Mayweather in Semi-final 1. McGregor beats GGG and goes to the final. Yodwicha vs Sittichai in the Semi-final 2. Yodwicha beats sittichai and goes on to clinch rape McGregor in the final.

Last edited:
Tournament Bracket C:
Sittichai vs Khabib
Marat Grigorian vs Rafael Dos Anjos
Id change Khabib for Edson Barboza.

The rules make it intriguing because may favor some MMA fighters against the pure kickboxers with the clinch stuff.

No MMA gloves, just 4-5 Oz boxing gloves. Without separation in the fingers.

Id change Khabib for Edson Barboza.

The rules make it intriguing because may favor some MMA fighters against the pure kickboxers with the clinch stuff.

No MMA gloves, just 4-5 Oz boxing gloves. Without separation in the fingers.
I don't know much about MMA fighters but yeah perhaps. I think MMA gloves would make it more appealing to the mainstream

UMC(ULTIMATE MORTAL COMBAT) 32 man 1 night Grand Prix:

*Event takes place in a ring with barbed wire ropes, flames shooting up from the corner poles, and a moat with crocodiles around the ring. To enter the ring men in kimonos bring a traditional Japanese bridge like in Ganryujima.
*winner gets 1 billion dollars and honorary rank of "Grand Dragon King 10th dan red stripe."
*MMA rules except there is an automatic stand up after 10 seconds on the ground. 3 judges, one from Lumpinee, one from Karate, and the third is Adelaide Bird. Steroids allowed. 3x3 mins except the grand final which is to the death.
*Tournament is openweight but those who weight under 72kg(160 lbs) can wear the cestus(leather gloves with metal studs on it) and fighters under 60kg(130 lbs) get to wear kard chuek wraps then wrapped in barbed wire.

Anthony Joshua-\ __Winner 1
Satanmuanglek--/

Endy Selemeer-----\__Winner 2
Yusef Boughanem-/
Stipe Miocic-\______Winner 3
Yodsanklai--/

Mighty Mouse-\__Winner 4
Cyborg----------/
Rico Verhoeven-----\__Winner 5
Vasyl Lomachenko-/

Yoel Romero-\__Winner 6
Naoya Inoue--/
Jon Jones-\__Winner 7
Badr Hari--/

Bud Crawford-\__Winner 8
Yi Long---------/
RvR-------\__Winner 9
Saenchai-/

Errol Spence Jr.---\__Winner 10
Allistair Overeem-/
Mayweather-\__Winner 11
Buakaw-------/

Edson Barboza-\__Winner 12
Panpayak--------/
McGregor-\__Winner 13
GGG-------/

Nate Diaz---------\_Winner 14
Tenshin-----------/
Francis Ngannou-\_Winner 15
Yodwicha-----------/

Canelo-\_Winner 16
Takeru-/

Reserve Match:

Joe Schilling vs John Cena

prediction: Satanmuanglek beats Joshua using the barbed wire gloves and solid defense. Yusef beats Endy using the clinch. Stipe decisions Yodsanklai but is severely compromised from leg kicks. Cyborg uses female pain tolerance, strength and clinch to beat Mighty Mouse. Rico KOs Lomachenko with knees but not before taking barbed wire damage. Romero gets cut up early but finishes Inoue with a flying knee in round three. Badr survives some eye pokes to KO Jones in round 2. Crawford survives some nasty leg kicks to KO Yi Long. RvR wins a close decision over Saenchai after roughing him up with the cestus. Overeem knees and kicks Spence into oblivion. Buakaw owns Mayweather in the clinch. Panpayak makes good use of the barbed wire to decision Barboza. McGregor holds off GGG and wins a decision but takes heavy damage. Tenshin brutalizes Diaz with barbed wire punches and leg kicks. Ngannou survives some brutal knees to KO Yodwicha in round 2. Takeru rips Clenelo apart with barbed wire combos. Schilling TKO's Cena in round 3 after taking a brutal FU.

Final 16: Yusef KO's Satanmuanglek after taking severe damage. Stipe KO's Cyborg. Rico KO's Romero with knees. Badr TKO's Crawford. Overeem KO's RvR with knees. Panpayak decisions Buakaw. Tenshin beats McGregor with barbed wire and leg kicks. Takeru avoids Ngannou's punches and TKO's him with barbed wire combination flow.

Quarter-finals: Stipe KOs Yusef. Rico TKOs Badr via broken arm in round 2. Overeem KOs Panpayak but takes damage. Takeru decisions Tenshin in a bloody back and forth battle.

Semi-finals: Rico decisions Stipe with clinch and kicks. Overeem KOs Takeru with knees.

Grand finals: Rico and Overeem have a long drawn out battle where Rico eventually gets the better of him.

Last edited:
UMC(ULTIMATE MORTAL COMBAT) 32 man 1 night Grand Prix:

Anthony Joshua-\ __Winner 1
Satanmuanglek--/

Canelo-\_Winner 16
Takeru-/

Joe Schilling vs John Cena
The best fights :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members