Would you be cool with your wife/gf hanging out with a guy friend?

It’s not really a matter of being “cool with it.” If you are married to a woman, or in a deeply serious relationship with her, it’s most likely not a good sign if she’s seeking the companionship of another man—this thread is in fact about your woman “hanging out” with another man.

I understand that some people don’t want to appear insecure. Or controlling. Or that they don’t trust. However, choosing to ignore what might be a critical red flag in order to appear virtuous to your wife/gf could also be a sign of your own insecurity. Too much trust can dull your senses and leave you extremely vulnerable.

Many people on here have claimed you can’t stop a woman from cheating—and they’re right. If she’s telling you she’s going to hang out with her male friend (and you’re not invited), you’re likely already too late.

So you'd never hang out with a girl for non-sex purposes? What if she just had a cool personality like one of the boys?
No woman has a personality like one of the guys.

We only hang out with them for hopes of getting laid.

We only spend $ for lunch on them for hopes for getting laid as well. In fact, It's pretty much a guarantee that she is supposed to fuck you if you buy her lunch or dinner.

They usually oblige whether they are dating someone or are married.

Welcome to truth. Don't let your woman go to lunch or be friends with other men. We are predators, and we will fuck your wife with no fucks given.

I don't generally get jealous. If someone is going to cheat they're going to cheat. If you're worried about your girl cheating it either means you're insecure or you're dating the wrong person. Exception would be if the person gives off a creep vibe.

My wife and I both work full time. If we have free time we're spending it together. We base our schedules around getting time alone together. If she suddenly said she wanted to hang out with some other dude instead, then something is terribly wrong.

Maybe for young people with loads of free time it makes more sense, but for a busy married couple it makes zero sense.

yes, i couldn't agree more. for most couples, when you take into account working, family, and for a girl, her girlfriends, there is barely enough time for her significant other. but if she is deciding to take time out of the day to hang out with a guy who is a, "friend", it does seem odd. every now and then is one thing, but if you notice a pattern that she is always hanging out with that same guy, anyone with a brain would put 2-and-2 together, and realize something is up.

It’s not really a matter of being “cool with it.” If you are married to a woman, or in a deeply serious relationship with her, it’s most likely not a good sign if she’s seeking the companionship of another man—this thread is in fact about your woman “hanging out” with another man.

I understand that some people don’t want to appear insecure. Or controlling. Or that they don’t trust. However, choosing to ignore what might be a critical red flag in order to appear virtuous to your wife/gf could also be a sign of your own insecurity. Too much trust can dull your senses and leave you extremely vulnerable.

Many people on here have claimed you can’t stop a woman from cheating—and they’re right. If she’s telling you she’s going to hang out with her male friend (and you’re not invited), you’re likely already too late.

The "you can't come" would make things different. But if it's bc you are busy, at work, your Turn watching kids is something else.

Also what changes the equation is the actual relationship between everyone involved.

I've been friends, good friends with guys who I hang with but have also been hanging out with their wives since middle school and their wives have always been in the circle while the guys were accepted by the larger circle. Nobody cares if people are hanging out in any random pairing.

Again, best way I can describe it is using the show friends bc everyone has seen it. Or how about scrubs, you seriously think Turk would give even a fraction of a fuck if JD was hanging at the bar with Carla all night while he watched the game in peace at home?

Zero fucks man

Someone shes known forever and I'm acquainted with, I dont see an issue.

Someone she just met at work or at the gym, hell no.

Depends on what you mean by "hanging out"....

images

Nicki-Minaj-Paris-Fashion-Week-2017-Pictures.jpg

People do what they do, but work is not nearly as intimate as a one on one hang out session.

" 85 % of affairs start at work "

Its not an ambiguous statement. It clearly can and does beget more ( 85% more )intimacy than any other situation.

If you’re married/in a serious relationship, then I don’t think it’s proper to hang out alone with someone of the opposite sex. It’s best to just avoid being in a situation that could be a potential problem.

Not really sure how I would feel about this. It might depend on the case. I have female friends, most in couple, and once in a while we go out together. While I have no intention of getting in their bed, I understand that their husbands/boyfriends could be suspicious. Still, if I've been friends with a girl for ages, and never banged her even when we were both single, I don't know why I would do it when we're taken.

I don't see any problem of letting my girl hang out with male friends. I could get annoyed if she spend a lot of time regularly with a particular guy, and talks a lot about him. I've seen girls with pics of their male friends in their bedrooms, while having a boyfriend. That would bother me...

" 85 % of affairs start at work "

Its not an ambiguous statement. It clearly can and does beget more ( 85% more )intimacy than any other situation.
I didn't know that. I tend to consider female coworkers as furniture. Relationships with people from your workplace seems like Something very risky, unless it's a temporary job.
But i guess it might be easier to start relationships with people you see everyday indeed

I have no problem with this, not being a fan of basketball, I let her friends come over to watch the games on our big screen tv.

she said to me the other day, you're a Brit, but I think since we got this tv, I've seen way more BBC than you. she maybe right, I really only watch Netflix these days.

rgp2e2y.jpg

Me tonight while the girl I'm dating goes out to a concert with 3 or 4 girls and the same number of guys.

giphy.webp

There's a dutch saying "zoals de waard is vertrouwt hij zijn gasten"

You expect others to act like you act yourself.. if you don't trust her it's because you know you are untrustworthy yourself

Im not a beta naive cuck, so obviously not

I'd drop her just for asking tbh, unless the dude is gay

There's a dutch saying "zoals de waard is vertrouwt hij zijn gasten"

You expect others to act like you act yourself.. if you don't trust her it's because you know you are untrustworthy yourself
The dutch are beta as fuck in 2018.

You don't do it because you're man who's committed to a relationship. Same goes for her.

Back