Would you be cool with your wife/gf hanging out with a guy friend?

Define 'hanging out'?

My ex-wife had a near life long male friend who she remained good friends with after our marriage. She stayed in contact with him after our marriage and would go out occasionally have a lunch or join him for events like work social events since they worked in the same industry. I was happy she kept her friendship with him and hate when girls shut out all their friends when they get a new man.

Plus I would say there was far more chance for mischief when my ex would go out with her girlfriends for a girls night out. But i was ok with that too because I trusted her and i expected the same from her as I had male and female friends too.

I almost said nurse as well, but thought of the males you mentioned in your list. Makes sense. But the doctors who are young studs, they have status... They have pull!

Wife works rehab/long term care. The doctors associated with facility aren't young , not enough excitement

Define 'hanging out'?

My ex-wife had a near life long male friend who she remained good friends with after our marriage. She stayed in contact with him after our marriage and would go out occasionally have a lunch or join him for events like work social events since they worked in the same industry. I was happy she kept her friendship with him and hate when girls shut out all their friends when they get a new man.

Plus I would say there was far more chance for mischief when my ex would go out with her girlfriends for a girls night out. But i was ok with that too because I trusted her and i expected the same from her as I had male and female friends too.

Yea, I hate when girls start acting all weird when they get a new man. I'm like, b***h if I wanted to, I would'a ****ed you by now, stop it.

nlLxVIGR_400x400.jpg

fk that noise. Women make themselves available for men they find themselves sexually attracted to. Women will not spend time alone after work with a non gay guy if he's the office creeper or butt ugly. Also, if you're not invited to tag along, that's a huge red flag. 1), the outting is a chance for her to take a break or get away from you. 2) She'll use the opportunity to dump on you to him, which provides him pivot points to spit some game. And since they are already alone, he wouldn't have to do much work anyway. Always bottom line a roasties scheme.

Wouldn't be opposed to her having a male friend as long as it wasn't some odd hush hush thing where they tried to keep/establish secrets.

Hell he can hold her purse while she shops at bath and body works for 17hrs straight

fk that noise. Women make themselves available for men they find themselves sexually attracted to. Women will not spend time alone after work with a non gay guy if he's the office creeper or butt ugly. Also, if you're not invited to tag along, that's a huge red flag. 1), the outting is a chance for her to take a break or get away from you. 2) She'll use the opportunity to dump on you to him, which provides him pivot points to spit some game. And since they are already alone, he wouldn't have to do much work anyway. Always bottom line a roasties scheme.

I agree to some extent except for the going out w/o you part. Couples need breaks from each other.

I agree to some extent except for the going out w/o you part. Couples need breaks from each other.

Not denying this part, usually she goes out with some female friends or family for dinner and drinks. But going on with a dude and alone, that's a little fishy.

Not denying this part, usually she goes out with some female friends or family for dinner and drinks. But going on with a dude and alone, that's a little fishy.

I wonder if a girl were that up front about it, if there'd be anything to worry about. If she lied, I'd be worried. Unless it was a "hidden in plain sight" sorta thing, but that's uncommon.

Nah at the end of the day if someones gonna cheat they will find a way. We have had threads like this where dudes say their wives agreed to have no male friends and they think its a full proof way to know shes being faithful but its not.

She can just go out by herself and meet up with someone easily and youll be none of the wiser.

Just trust shes not a ho bag or dont and move on.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t like it if she went out alone with a guy. If it was a work group or some type of social setting I wouldn’t have a problem. But going to get “coffee” during the day if the guy isn’t gay I would have a serious issue.

Not only because I travel a ton for work and want to spend time with her and if she goes out then I can’t hang with her.

Just had this discussion with new gf...and no, that's not cool with me...

I think every man should be confident enough to let their woman do as they please, I live by this rule of "I'll give you enough rope to hang yourself". At the end of the day you want to be her best option, that way if she feel like hanging out with another dude, she would figure on her own that you are the best out there for her.

I think every man should be confident enough to let their woman do as they please, I live by this rule of "I'll give you enough rope to hang yourself". At the end of the day you want to be her best option, that way if she feel like hanging out with another dude, she would figure on her own that you are the best out there for her.

Jesus I was literally typing the rope thing word for word.

I honestly don't and wouldn't mind. If she fucks around, even kisses another dude she's done and she knows it. I couldn't care less because at the first act of infidelity would be the last and all of her stuff would be in a box like an employee getting fired the next day.

You should never wrap that much of your self worth in another person, period.

Depends on the bloke, i'm sure you could tell if he was up to something, more so than her.

My wife is the innocent trustworthy type so yes. She lets me hang with my female friends. Meh .

Some possessive dudes itt, so the guys saying no, do you let your woman leave the house, or ya afraid she will cheat?

I've only had to tell my woman a couple of times in our 18yrs together that she should avoid a situation for my sake. I trust in her to judge what is appropriate or not and act accordingly with propriety.

Edit. I do not however believe that male female friendships should be encouraged beyond wider friendship group levels. Close or best friendships are a red flag.

When I was young I had a girlfriend who used to sit on guys knees, didn't stop after we got together either till I had a talk with her about it.

You want a woman who doesn't have to be told these things are inappropriate.

Whatever gets her as far away from me as possible and for as long as possible I support.

Back