Would you be dissapointed if Mayweather plays it safe and wins via 12 rnd decision?

based on your posts and everything you've said here n the other sub-forums, you most certainly only watch MMA for the blood and guts aspect. Technique is a part of combat sports man. I guess since you fail to understand what's going on, its boring to you, but, there's a lot of amazing stuff that happens during Mayweather fights. Hope one day you can appreciate technique because it's those small things that make the difference between a good fighter and a great one.

50-0

So I guess you not going to say shit about the technique that I fail to understand.

Idiot.

Your the one who said I didnt. You dont know shit about me. Tell me this technique I dont know. For the second time.

There are many fans of Conor from all walks of life. Your generalizing like an asshole.

First you say he can only win by decision, then say if he goes to decision vs Conor, he's trash. lol

It's as clear as day you are a McGregor fanboy and a Floyd hater, which is fine, just don't act like you know shit when you don't even watch the fighs.

Also, calling people "dork" and 'idiot' to try to sound like a smart/tough guy really doesn't work. And it's You're, as in You are.

First you say he can only win by decision, then say if he goes to decision vs Conor, he's trash. lol

It's as clear as day you are a McGregor fanboy and a Floyd hater, which is fine, just don't act like you know shit when you don't even watch the fighs.

Also, calling people "dork" and 'idiot' to try to sound like a smart/tough guy really doesn't work. And it's You're, as in You are.

What technique dont I know?

Yes I believe Floyd can only win by decision and TBE going to a decision vs. a 0-0 novice is fucking ridiculous. (Thats obviously not Conor but they dont know shit about him to begin with)

What technique do I fail to see since im a "Conor fan" and a "just bleed" guy.

Fuck off. You aint got shit but hot air. This is like the 4th time I asked you to back your claim.

What technique dont I know?

Yes I believe Floyd can only win by decision and TBE going to a decision vs. a 0-0 novice is fucking ridiculous. (Thats obviously not Conor but they dont know shit about him to begin with)

What technique do I fail to see since im a "Conor fan" and a "just bleed" guy.

Fuck off. You aint got shit but hot air. This is like the 4th time I asked you to back your claim.

lol go ahead and list off all these techniques you know about kicking and punching bud. You're willing to bet you know about these techniques than I do, yet, think Floyd doesn't fight in his fights. Yet, somehow, he manages to land more punches, with less thrown, while taking 25% of the punches he lands in a fight.

Again, its obvious you're just a Floyd hater, that's fine. Just stop acting like you watch his fights when you clearly do not.

No, TKO or decision, it will be a destruction and I will enjoy every single seconds of it.

Brutal reality check incoming for Conor and his moronic cock riders :)

lol go ahead and list off all these techniques you know about kicking and punching bud. You're willing to bet you know about these techniques than I do, yet, think Floyd doesn't fight in his fights. Yet, somehow, he manages to land more punches, with less thrown, while taking 25% of the punches he lands in a fight.

Again, its obvious you're just a Floyd hater, that's fine. Just stop acting like you watch his fights when you clearly do not.

Whats the difference between a MT round kick and a TMA round kick? Whats a hook kick? Whats the difference between a straight and a cross? Whats the grip in a MT clinch? Hand to wrist and elbows clinched. Swinging the head into the knees or whatever.

I was watching Floyd vs. Mosley live a bar in Ohio.Sandusky in fact because we had just went to that theme park.
Fuck you telling me I don't know shit because I'm a Conor fan and like exciting fights.

Whats the difference between a MT round kick and a TMA round kick? Whats a hook kick? Whats the difference between a straight and a cross? Whats the grip in a MT clinch? Hand to wrist and elbows clinched. Swinging the head into the knees or whatever.

I was watching Floyd vs. Mosley live a bar in Ohio.Sandusky in fact because we had just went to that theme park.
Fuck you telling me I don't know shit because I'm a Conor fan and like exciting fights.

let me google these bro

and again, in the last decade, I stated, he's had a couple duds, the Manny fight wasn't what it was hyped up to be obviously, but the large majority of his fights have been solid. Most people (mainly casual fans of the sport) have liked his fights. He's punching people without being hit. He's the best at it. I guess we have a difference of opinion on what makes exciting fights.

If you enjoy people just bangin it out, cool, I think everyone is a fan of that. But if you're a fan of the sport and technique, not sure how you can dislike Floyd. He's the best at what he does. Not everyone can go out and land KO shots at will. They make the best of what they have, can't hate on that.

If I was a Conor hater, I wouldn't be satisfied with anything less than a career ending beating. Simply outclassing a raw novice by the self styled "best ever" wouldn't be sufficient because there are a ton of boxers nowhere near Mayweather's level who'd do the exact same thing and worse.

That's most likely what's gonna happen, but still we don't know.

Well there's still a 70% chance of it not happening plus it is only playing like 20% more then a mayweather decision. So Mayweather via decision is better value.

I think I have decided I will just put $100 for a Mayweather decision. It is paying pretty well odds and even I lose I would have seen of these guys get knocked out lol.

Well said. I'm putting down just $50 on Mayweather decision. I would put more, but I'm not going to pay to watch it live so that's enough for me.

And great point, if I lose, that means one of those guys got knocked the fuck out, which I would love to see it happen to either of them.

Win 42–0 Victor Ortiz KO 4 (12), 2:59 Sep 17, 2011

Also, you guys clearly don't watch the fights. Sure, he's a defensive fighter. The Pac fight was definitely not great. Maybe it's just me, but, I've personally thought the large majority of his fights in the past decade have been good. From Hatton, to Mosley, JMM, Maidana 2x, Canelo, Cotto. He's had a dud here and there, but, the large majoriy have been good to me.

Huh, you seriously counting the Ortiz "KO"? Did you not watch the fight?

Huh, you seriously counting the Ortiz "KO"? Did you not watch the fight?

oh i saw, was being more of a smartass with that comment, the 2nd part still stands. I think fighting safe is like what Tim Sylvia was doing when he was HW champ the 2nd time (Arlovski 2, Monson), Floyd might be a defensive fighter, but I don't think he was going out to not lose (what Sylvia was doing, just a reference I could think of off top of my head that relates). He was still going out there to win and I think personally over the last decade, most of his fights have been that way. He's not going out and just trying to do whatever it takes to barely squeak by, he's going out and using the most of what he has. If he has brittle hands that probably plays a factor into not just getting into firefights trying to KO people.

I can definitely agree that some fights have been mediocre. For the most part though, I've enjoyed his fights.

oh i saw, was being more of a smartass with that comment, the 2nd part still stands. I think fighting safe is like what Tim Sylvia was doing when he was HW champ the 2nd time (Arlovski 2, Monson), Floyd might be a defensive fighter, but I don't think he was going out to not lose (what Sylvia was doing, just a reference I could think of off top of my head that relates). He was still going out there to win and I think personally over the last decade, most of his fights have been that way. He's not going out and just trying to do whatever it takes to barely squeak by, he's going out and using the most of what he has. If he has brittle hands that probably plays a factor into not just getting into firefights trying to KO people.

I can definitely agree that some fights have been mediocre. For the most part though, I've enjoyed his fights.

Ah ok.

You must have seen his fights at 135 and 130 right? Particularly, the Diego Corrales fight. Now THAT was a complete all-time great fighter using all of his offensive and defensive skills.

He absolutely fights safe now. His goal is to win every round by landing one or two punches at a time, then move and away before his opponent has a chance to land anything and repeat. He doesn't follow up with combinations like he did in that Corrales fight. He moved just as well back then of course, but he used to sit down on his punches on occasion and you'll see 3, 4, 5 punch combinations.

For the past 10 years, you'll just see the 1 or 2 punch potshots and move.

His fights bore the hell out of me, but I did used to watch/study it to learn defense when I was boxing.

I don't think Conor can survive 12 rounds no matter which way you slice it, it's statistically impossible.

I completely agree. I can't see Mayweather taking any risks trying to KO Conor, however minor that risk is. This is a guy who didn't remotely try to KO an one-armed Pacquiao (who hasn't been able to KO anyone since 2009), didn't KO journeyman Carlos Baldomir, nor anyone since 2007.

At first, I was thinking Conor might rush in out of frustration and get his ass KO'd, but you look at the Diaz fights when Conor was getting outstruck. He is going to run and save himself. He's not going Diego Sanchez and rush in and try for a KO when he is hurt.

Mayweather is going to do the same thing he has done for like 15 years, fight safe and dominate. Conor is the one who can make it a KO loss and based on his reaction in the Diaz fights, I don't see Conor going all out either.

Carlos Baldomir was the lineal WW champion who had never been floored before in his career going into the Mayweather fight (and he was only stopped twice in his career after fighting Mayweather, once by Canelo at 154, the other time against Marco Antonio Rubio at 168). Manny Pacquiao was a top 3-4 p4p fighter whose durability had been repeatedly proven in the past. Neither of these men were 0-0 boxers with questionable cardio.

But Floyd said he will be going forward for the KO in this fight

Back