Would you be scared if this happened to you?

Captive Orcas are more of a threat to humans than those in the wild.
Although popularly seen as one of the most deadly of the ocean’s creatures, the fact is that killer whale, or more correctly Orcas, have been implicated in very few attacks on humans.

In fact, the only documented Orca attacks that have resulted in fatalities have involved captive Orcas at marine parks.

These attacks are almost certainly not indicative of the behavior of Orcas in the wild.

https://www.whalefacts.org/killer-whale-attacks/

So initially my natural instinct would probably be fearful simply due to seeing such a behemoth rising up beside my kayak, but after that wore off I'd know I'm more than likely safe amongst such an intelligent creature.

EDIT Here's the vid embedded for the thread TS, in case people don't want to click link:

Last edited:
I once saw a diver scared shirtless by a bunch of small whales at the Irish Atlantic coast. He didn't knew what was coming at him due to bad sight.
If such a giant would approach me I'd probably be in a paralyzed state of delightful horror/ angst.

Last edited:
Bruh that orca would have caught these hands. I am more worried of green peace tryin to lock me up after I curb stomp ole free willy.

Bruh that orca would have caught these hands. I am more worried of green peace tryin to lock me up after I curb stomp ole free willy.
I would speak in a soft japanese accent to make sure they know who they're dealing with.

images

Captive Orcas are more of a threat to humans than those in the wild.

https://www.whalefacts.org/killer-whale-attacks/

So initially my natural instinct would probably be fearful simply due to seeing such a behemoth rising up beside my kayak, but after that wore off I'd know I'm more than likely safe amongst such an intelligent creature.

EDIT Here's the vid embedded for the thread TS, in case people don't want to click link:

So you're telling me that more orca attacks happen where people are in tanks swimming with them for hours/day than when they're out in the deep and almost no humans in the water anywhere near them?

<Cage33>

i reckon i would have latched like a polaris missile due to explosive discharge of shit!

There’s a mutual respect between myself and orcas so I’d be chilling like a cucumber on an iceberg in the arctic

Thats about the right answer. I think I would switch to Oh my god look at that monster to oh my god that is so cool pretty quick . Far as I know they dont really got a rep for attacking people so that would make me feel a bit better. I would be much more worried if all of a sudden I was that close to a bear a hippo or a buffalo that I had no idea was there.

No. I'd fill the sea with uppercuts.

I would have just grabbed it by the fin and humped its blow hole.

The only real orcas attack ever recorded happened with orcas in captivity, and rightfully so, these smart animals belong in the wild and they are curious about humans but hardly ever fuck with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back