Would you consider Albert Einsteins Travel Diary Observations Racist?

The same things are said today about the Chinese. Is everyone racist or does he have a point?

People just want to push our values/morals on people of the past. It doesnt really work that way. Im much more concerned with what people do, and what they say to the public, instead of old personal journals from when they were younger. People change their views as they age.

See , even here you're intimating that he's wrong or incorrect ( politically maybe) for insinuating that we aren't all exactly the same. Its almost like the mere utterance of a thought that that may be the case is verboten from the modern citizen.

See , even here you're intimating that he's wrong or incorrect ( politically maybe) for insinuating that we aren't all the same. Its almost like the mere utterance of a thought that that may be the case is verboten from the modern citizen.
Just taking the other side for the purpose of my post. I really have no feelings or opinions on it, since I am not familiar with any peoples of the 1920's

More culture shock in the pre interweb days.

No, anachronism is not something that should be stimulated, as a matter of fact we need to prevent it from happening. Just think about it... How is it possible to judge anyone that was born back in 19th century with today's morals?

He isn't ancient. He was an autist even for his time. He didn't even get the stigma of marrying his cousin.

He also said nationalism is the measles of mankind but was a zionist.

Ban the theory of relativity. Back to the Stone age we go

The absence of theory of relativity would not send us back to the stone age.

His work on the photoelectric effect might do that however.

Albert Einsteins Travel Diary was published and he gives his observations of the different cultures he visited, do you consider him a racist? His harshest criticism was for the Chinese people.

Einstein's travel diaries reveal physicist's racism

This is the first time the diaries have been published as a standalone volume in English.

Published by Princeton University Press, The Travel Diaries of Albert Einstein: The Far East, Palestine, and Spain, 1922-1923 was edited by Ze'ev Rosenkranz, assistant director of the California Institute of Technology's Einstein Papers Project.

Einstein travelled from Spain to the Middle East and via Sri Lanka, then called Ceylon, on to China and Japan.

The physicist describes arriving in Port Said in Egypt and facing "Levantines of every shade... as if spewed from hell" who come aboard their ship to sell their goods.

He also describes his time in Colombo in Ceylon, writing of the people: "They live in great filth and considerable stench down on the ground, do little, and need little."

But the famous physicist reserves his most cutting comments for Chinese people.

According to a piece in the Guardian about the diaries, he describes Chinese children as "spiritless and obtuse", and calls it "a pity if these Chinese supplant all other races".

In other entries he calls China "a peculiar herd-like nation," and "more like automatons than people", before claiming there is "little difference" between Chinese men and women, and questioning how the men are "incapable of defending themselves" from female "fatal attraction".

Noted for both his scientific brilliance and his humanitarianism, Albert Einstein emigrated to the US in 1933 after the rise of Adolf Hitler and the Nazi party.

The Jewish scientist described racism as "a disease of white people" in a 1946 speech at Lincoln University in Pennsylvania - the first university in the US to award degrees to black people.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-44472277
https://www.livescience.com/62813-einstein-racist.html
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/06/13/einsteins-diaries-contain-shocking-details-his-racism.html

I think the writer needs to check his PC hierarchy.

Einstien is Jewish. He can't be racist.

In fact calling him racist is anti-semetic.

The same things are said today about the Chinese. Is everyone racist or does he have a point?

If a modern famous white person was caught saying that about Chinese people they would be in trouble. James Watson for example. Few famous and notable living white people can dump on the Chinese like that. Or none I should say without backlash.

Who are all these people saying it about the Chinese? What public figures particularly?

"...everything is sexist, everything is racist, everything is homophobic, and you have to point it all out to everyone all the time."
-Anita Sarkeesian

220px-Anita_Sarkeesian_headshot.jpg

He isn't ancient. He was an autist even for his time. He didn't even get the stigma of marrying his cousin.

He also said nationalism is the measles of mankind but was a zionist.
So he criticized nationalism while being a Zionist and criticized white people for being racist despite being racist...

One standard for goyim, another for G-d's Chosen People.

When a genius makes an observstion you don't agree with, maybe it's you that needs to adjust, not the genius.

So he criticized nationalism while being a Zionist and criticized white people for being racist despite being racist...

One standard for goyim, another for G-d's Chosen People.

Our resident terrorist taking a shot at a famous jew? I'm shocked!

If a modern famous white person was caught saying that about Chinese people they would be in trouble. James Watson for example. Few famous and notable living white people can dump on the Chinese like that. Or none I should say without backlash.

Who are all these people saying it about the Chinese? What public figures particularly?
I didn’t mention anything about public figures. I’m just mentioning that many people have made this observation about Chinese people and cultures influenced/created by them (East Asia)

Einstein was an incredibly intelligent man and I would take his personal experience knowing how brilliant he was and how anti-racist he was, over some retard that never visited China but is sure he is wrong because racism is baaaad man

Back