Would you eliminate world hunger if you could?

How is that a version of saying go fuck yourself? Worlds smallest violin is used for saying i don't care.

What's holier about what i said anyway?

As to book reading of my family, you must read alot. Direct family of 6 adults contains 1 phd, 6 masters, 1 CPA and i think about a dozen diplomas/grad certs.
if thats the case why do you reply like a homeschooled 13 yr old with autism?

Starvation is already being rapidly reduced and so is poverty, so just be patient lest you make things worse with the unintended and unforseen consequences of ill-considerd altruism.

How do you keep your dog from starving?

In large part, by controlling it's reproduction or by selling its children.
Sustainability matters.

Comparing people to pets to make your point stick seems like an odd tactic.
Lol, i guess we know what your opinion of the poor is.

They are doing great things with modern pharmaceuticals

It aint broke why try and fix it?

Because I could simply put more effort into my posting but i kinda view it as my point has been taken on board when people bring uo spelling and grammar.

No, id rather eliminate busy motorways

It's not as simple as funding for food prices. You need reliable distribution networks and stuff, otherwise Joe warlord hijacks the food for his army.

Yemen

This country is going through a famine .... yet, they still have a fertility rate of almost 5 children per woman.

Poverty is a mindset. Giving people free food and free shit = more poor people.

Exactly what happened with India in the 70s. Instead of increasing quality of life with western charity money they increased the amount of children they had.

Check this out. I've been doing the math.

The average American will spend $700 on holiday gifts and goodies this year, totaling more than $465 billion, the National Retail Federation estimates.
How much money is spent on Christmas in America?

"The UN estimates ending world hunger each year would cost $30 billion.
How much does it cost to feed the world for 1 year?

Based on that alone (465 billion/30 billion), we could feed the world for 15 1/2 years for every year we take off buying Christmas presents... in America alone.

But, it gets better:
Worldwide, the average life expectancy at birth was 71.5 years
What is the worldwide average life expectancy?

So, if we each took 4.6 years off (71.5/15.5) from buying Christmas presents across our lifetimes, we could end world hunger completely.

Amiright?

Always thought this song was sarcastic as fuck. I mean, seriously, read the lyrics:

There's a world outside your window,
and it's a world of dread and fear
Where the only water flowing
is the bitter sting of tears
And the Christmas bells that ring there
are the clanging chimes of doom
Well tonight thank God it's them
instead of you!

And then it sorta asks with a smirk, do those poor SOBs even know it's Christmas? Well, probably no because they're too busy dying. Har har, Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you!

There is enough good produced each year to feed the world iirc 2 times over basically.

Link source : https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1463429

Greed and power is why there is starvation in the world.

Greed and power? More like poor people having too many children. The fertility rate of Niger is over 7 kids per woman ... ON AVERAGE

If Mohammed in Yemen can't afford to feed his 10 kids, why is it my responsibility in Japan to provide for them??

In large part, by controlling it's reproduction or by selling its children.
Sustainability matters.

Comparing people to pets to make your point stick seems like an odd tactic.
Lol, i guess we know what your opinion of the poor is.

Look at the point I was defending. It was very simple: Giving people food keeps them from starving to death. Only an imbecile would attempt to argue otherwise.

if only a principled billionaire with a heart of gold like george soros was alive to lead this charge :(

It's not as simple as funding for food prices. You need reliable distribution networks and stuff, otherwise Joe warlord hijacks the food for his army.

There are logistical problems with trying to end hunger, but note that there are severe logistical issues with our current system. We waste a lot of food as a society as a predictable result of a market economy. It's absolutely a good goal. Though my focus is generally local (and as part of our Christmas tradition, I have my daughter pick a local charity to give to).

Check this out. I've been doing the math.

The average American will spend $700 on holiday gifts and goodies this year, totaling more than $465 billion, the National Retail Federation estimates.
How much money is spent on Christmas in America?

"The UN estimates ending world hunger each year would cost $30 billion.
How much does it cost to feed the world for 1 year?

Based on that alone (465 billion/30 billion), we could feed the world for 15 1/2 years for every year we take off buying Christmas presents... in America alone.

But, it gets better:
Worldwide, the average life expectancy at birth was 71.5 years
What is the worldwide average life expectancy?

So, if we each took 4.6 years off (71.5/15.5) from buying Christmas presents across our lifetimes, we could end world hunger completely.

Amiright?

No. Obesity is a far graver epidemic than hunger in 2017

tell that to the Somali Warlards that took all the aid pre BlackHawkDown era......

shit tier countries are shit tier for a reason, it's not purely lack of money

700.00?? I'm already triple that and still have 2 weeks left.

I would easily spend that money on ending homelessness though instead. No question

Back