Would you live in a Tiny House?

If someone were willing to take on the missus and 3 kids for me, absolutely.

I could if it was just me.

Got a friend who just bought a decked out shipping container to live in in the country. She paid a lot for it though, 36k au i think (27k us).

Fuck that.

Does this count as a tiny house? I lived in one for a while.

med_earlyvan_01.jpg

Down by the river?

I don't watch Netflix.

My father and his 3 brothers grew up in a tiny home built house. They all seem to have fond memories of the place, and the relatives they lived around and interacted with.

Dont understand why people pay so much for these tiny houses when you can get an RV and drive it places. Plus a good storm will trash these house easily.

Thanks for the lulz

like this?

1400984236144.jpeg

probably not. My wife needs more room. probably couldnt fit more than two other guys in there never mind the room I need to video tape and set up lights

Dont understand why people pay so much for these tiny houses when you can get an RV and drive it places. Plus a good storm will trash these house easily.

They're hipsters....

Yes. They seem to top out around 320 square feet. You own it and pay no property tax since it's mobile. The tiny houses are also built on a Utility or Flat bed trailer. They are different than bungalows, which seem to be 100k at minimum and usually in the middle of nowhere.

For me the sweet spot would be closer to 600sq assuming it is just one person which I guess is a cabin. 300 square feet you are really scraping for space and I hate the idea the bathroom is that small. If I was living with a girl then the below setup wouldn't fly and I would want something 1000sq+.

600-SF-Wildflower-Cabin-0018-600x449.jpg

I would like one of those two shipping container micro homes in the city. Plus a storage cage/locker for sports equipment.

I'd rather live in a 3 bedroom 2 car garage than a tiny home. I'd like an office room and spare bedroom. tiny homes seem efficient but the lack of space would get to me, even though i spend all of my time at home in my bedroom or by the computer

I’m actually planning to spend a few months living in a van, so...

They're hipsters....
Thats what I was thinking this is some new hipster thing to pay way more for a tiny box than a decent RV so people will like you. Then the fad dies out and you are stuck living in any overpriced box with walls thinner than my moms double wide. God I hated that place.

Once our daughter grows up and moves out I think my wife and I could be very happy in a tiny house either on a lake or a lot of property.

Nah. I lived in a tiny house before. I mean, very small. And while it was on a big piece of land in the country, being in it drove me fucking crazy.

Back