Wow a Whole Episode Just to Spin...

tate is very immature? what on the show do you base this on lol? her pranks? they are harmless and fun, immature would be doing something hurtful. or better yet, throwing a temper tantrum because you were harmlessly pranked.

ffs the ufc had to throw a damage control episode to try to make tate look bad in order to protect their spoiled star.

This

Just watched the recap
If it was done to make RR look better, it did not work in my eyes
The only thing that changed in my opinion was that I never thought Dana loved RR like others have said, but he looks like a smitten guy

Both Rousey and Tate have really just made me dislike them both so far this season. Both for different reasons, but both just rub me the wrong way. Sometimes they make me giggle with how they act, but usually i just want to watch the fight and don't care.

brock was a cool heel and wasn't annoying, when he flipped people off, it was cool. he was a monster, and a lot of what he was doing was fight hype.

when ronda does it, it's like wtf is she thinking. she doesn't come off tough, she doesn't come off cool, she comes off like a wanker. plus she starts shit with guys, which if brock or anyone did that to a girl, it wouldn't come off well.

and chael is funny, it's obviously fight hype, which makes him a cool heel.

your girl simply isn't likable.

This is exactly it.

I actually liked some of RR's Youtube interviews way before TUF. Saw her as genuine. Then I got turned off when she bent the shit out of Tate's arm and even said she didn't give a shit afterward. I didn't even care nor knew who Tate was. Just enjoyed two hot chicks (by WMMA standards) fighting half naked. I still didn't care much about neither. But damn, this season of TUF clearly shows RR is a fucking psycho.

One cannot have a personality trait (extremely immature) and be "without any kind of personality." One can have an idea and be without a clue, however.

If you think Tate is extremely immature, do you prefer the ripeness of the elderly or the dead?

Yea no shit right? Welcome to Reality TV....what else are people hopped up on testosterone supposed to act like? This house ain't where the future leaders of the world and Nobel prize winners are produced. Manly chicks that rivals some top shemales in resembling real women, rolling around half naked.....what more can you ask for? I love this season. Real hate between the coaches makes it great. The fight will be a snore fest, but who cares.

I hadn't watched a TUF since the jizz sushi season but a tiny bit of interest and the fact that Breaking Bad ended and there was nothing else to watch made me watch this season.

My dime store psych analysis of Ronda is that she's just an uneducated gym rat who was a cute girl (for a fighter) so got special treatment probably in terms of nobody contradicting her or putting her in check when she starts spouting nonsense. Her mom seemed like a ball buster, but then the "mom" episode went on to say how the mom would also tell Ronda the long list of great qualities Ronda had so clearly she had no shortage of ego-feeding. Ronda definitely earned her Olympic chops although the way she got the bronze was a little weird, but presumably was never really educated outside of a gym so 99% of what she says sounds like it belongs in a Vin Diesel movie.

That being said, I don't think Ronda is being fake. Not with the attempts at sounding cool or intimidating, and not with the child's mean frowny face. I think those things are probably part of her personality by now, and if she's never been challenged on her sillyness she'll have had no reason to change course. At this point I see her like a Kardashian or Honey Boo Boo. They'll have fame and money and whatever, way more than I ever will, but they'll still live their lives as a mental zero.

I favor Miesha because I found a Hungarian girl in Amsterdam's red light district that looks like her if she got plastic surgery on her nose.

I wonder how the guy fighters feel, having to actually have a winning record to be on the show, where the females can be 0-2-1 or 3-3, and basically get on if they have a pulse.

Anyway, not buying the fight, but 20 minutes after it ends I will find it.

Cheers!

I hadn't watched a TUF since the jizz sushi season but a tiny bit of interest and the fact that Breaking Bad ended and there was nothing else to watch made me watch this season.

My dime store psych analysis of Ronda is that she's just an uneducated gym rat who was a cute girl (for a fighter) so got special treatment probably in terms of nobody contradicting her or putting her in check when she starts spouting nonsense. Her mom seemed like a ball buster, but then the "mom" episode went on to say how the mom would also tell Ronda the long list of great qualities Ronda had so clearly she had no shortage of ego-feeding. Ronda definitely earned her Olympic chops although the way she got the bronze was a little weird, but presumably was never really educated outside of a gym so 99% of what she says sounds like it belongs in a Vin Diesel movie.

That being said, I don't think Ronda is being fake. Not with the attempts at sounding cool or intimidating, and not with the child's mean frowny face. I think those things are probably part of her personality by now, and if she's never been challenged on her sillyness she'll have had no reason to change course. At this point I see her like a Kardashian or Honey Boo Boo. They'll have fame and money and whatever, way more than I ever will, but they'll still live their lives as a mental zero.

I favor Miesha because I found a Hungarian girl in Amsterdam's red light district that looks like her if she got plastic surgery on her nose.

I wonder how the guy fighters feel, having to actually have a winning record to be on the show, where the females can be 0-2-1 or 3-3, and basically get on if they have a pulse.

Anyway, not buying the fight, but 20 minutes after it ends I will find it.

Cheers!

She wasn't a cute girl by any means.

She was actually unattractive by American standards of beauty, up till she got famous in MMA.

*insert olympic pictures here*.

She was 150+ pounds, chubby and round-faced with zits and acne all over her face.

She's considered 'pretty' now, but she still has a grudge against the princess-type of girls like Miesha.

That, plus ronda's a tomboy. She doesn't exhibit any mannerisms that is considered traditionally 'lady-like'.

She even stands like a man. True Story.

She's pretty now so she's acting like a high school prom queen. That's because she never got to experience it in school/college.

Sarah Kaufman agrees. Check her interview on Ronda in TUF

But The White Knights say all WMMA respects her
That cannot be true

White Knight > God ("I've been doing this shit for 12 years")

hah

This is some of what Sarah was saying
"Ronda is very emotional and she does kind of have that bratty edge to her, where she says what she thinks all the time and seemingly takes offense to a lot of things," Kaufman said of Rousey. "She's not coming off very professionally. She's coming off as a very young, almost teenaged girl, where she's actually 26 years old..."

"...In a situation like that, even though there's cameras all around, you have to be aware of what you're giving off, and it is your image," Kaufman said of Rousey. "I'm not saying to make it into something that you're not, but there are certain things that I would never say outside of a close circle of friends. Some of those things, I do feel are quite juvenile. You're a coach and a title holder in the UFC. You need to grow up a little bit and pull up your socks; represent yourself however you want, but also so that people watching can respect you as a human being."

This is some of what Sarah was saying:

"Ronda is very emotional and she does kind of have that bratty edge to her, where she says what she thinks all the time and seemingly takes offense to a lot of things," Kaufman said of Rousey. "She's not coming off very professionally. She's coming off as a very young, almost teenaged girl, where she's actually 26 years old..."

"...In a situation like that, even though there's cameras all around, you have to be aware of what you're giving off, and it is your image," Kaufman said of Rousey. "I'm not saying to make it into something that you're not, but there are certain things that I would never say outside of a close circle of friends. Some of those things, I do feel are quite juvenile. You're a coach and a title holder in the UFC. You need to grow up a little bit and pull up your socks; represent yourself however you want, but also so that people watching can respect you as a human being."

Sarah's opinion is exactly mine

I was pissed I had to sit through that episode with no fights. I hope there not surprised when ratings drop even more.

I recorded it and when i saw what the show was about...i watched two minutes and turned it off. I was bored out of my mind. I dont need to watch reruns...

Just like Tate and her unsportsmanship bullshit.

Tate is gonna lose plain and simple. HAS NO BUSINESS FIGHTING FOR THE BELT

NONE

EVEN LESS SO THEN WHEN CHAEL DID

RR does not have to shake the fake ass wanna be's hand. Tate knew Rousey wouldn't come back at her cause of the Dana shit and Tate keeps digging in. And its not even funny at that. ANYONE WHO THOUGHT WHAT TATE DID WAS FUNNY HAS PROBLEMS. It was immature and pointless and not even close to FUNNY.

Caraway and Tate are becoming famous because of RR. not the other way around.

NO RR MEANS NO WMMA IN UFC PERIOD.

all the women should be thanking her and kissing her feet.

mods can we get an ip check on this guy, he's giving me a head ache. lol.

mods can we get an ip check on this guy, he's giving me a head ache. lol.
I don't know if I agree with his sentiments, but he is right. Miesha doesn't have any legitimate reason for being given a title shot. I don't blame her for accepting it of course, but she should be two fights from title shot at least. That is including the shallow UFC WBW division.

I won't say that the UFC had Zingano fake her injury, but I do think they are happier with Miesha coaching.

I don't know if I agree with his sentiments, but he is right. Miesha doesn't have any legitimate reason for being given a title shot. I don't blame her for accepting it of course, but she should be two fights from title shot at least. That is including the shallow UFC WBW division.

The person she lost to (thus losing the chance at TUF) was injured, so it went to the other contender.
Makes perfect sense

I won't say that the UFC had Zingano fake her injury, but I do think they are happier with Miesha coaching.

100% for sure :)

The person she lost to (thus losing the chance at TUF) was injured, so it went to the other contender.
Makes perfect sense
Seems like she would lose her status as a contender at that point. Granted, there wasn't really anybody else to take her spot.

Seems like she would lose her status as a contender at that point. Granted, there wasn't really anybody else to take her spot.

I don't see it that way
If Dana thought at the time they were the top 2 & one lost in a hard fought fight and nobody jumped ahead of her, then it makes sense

Of course it is the TUF coaching that Dana wanted anyway so its moot, but Tate is an ex champ. It is not like she has zero credentials

at the time of Cat's injury, Sara Kauffman was ranked higher. McMann was too I believe. I know Kauffman was.

Back