WR discussion for the middle

Here is a real question

What if the Dow doubles under trump the first term. What if unemployment drops to like a 60 year low. What if ISIS is destroyed. What if EVERYONES wages go up including all minorities. What if Gas is cheap.

If all this is going on at the end of his first term. Will those that dislike Trump support him. Or will him being a big jerk override the good that was done

If all that happened I would admit the guy is doing something right and hope it continues. I would still criticism his lack of respect for military families. I would still think he is an insecure egomaniac and I would still call him a liar when he lies but I would have no choice but to admit the guy is getting things done... Things that I agree with

I would likely vote for him under your scenario

You have countless Republican Senators criticizing Trump why would some from the middle not be allowed to do it?
What's amazing is that he has the stones to look past my ability to criticize whomever I want, but hasn't offered up any proof that he can do the same.
Point to ONE post, rok.

What's amazing is that he has the stones to look past my ability to criticize whomever I want, but hasn't offered up any proof that he can do the same.
Point to ONE post, rok.

Can't criticism the dear leader

If all that happened I would admit the guy is doing something right and hope it continues. I would still criticism his lack of respect for military families. I would still think he is an insecure egomaniac and I would still call him a liar when he lies but I would have no choice but to admit the guy is getting things done... Things that I agree with

I would likely vote for him under your scenario

Are you aware that a lot of that is happening as we speak? I'm not even saying it's his doing. But it is crazy the actual good things that have happened since he won the election

Let's make you an example.
Please show you belong in this thread by posting a criticism of the right.
Donald Trump is one of the worst presidents in the history of the United States of America.

Alabama electing Roy Moore is beyond sad.

Trump has constantly surrounded himself with sub-par staff and the turnover rate shows his lack of experience in politics.

He should stay off Twitter.

Trump and anyone else he associated with should be jailed if they are found to be connected to Russia’s interference in the election.

Should I keep going?

I disagree with the Republican party's stance on the issue of marijuana prohibition.

The violation of individual, and civil liberties is quite substantial, while the dangers such a substance poses to the society is quite negligible.

I think people who use marijuana should be encouraged to make other life choices, but the state shouldn't have the power to ruin a person's life because of those choices.

I can disagree with something in practice, but still think the state shouldn't hold such power over individual choices.

lol man I just couldn't vote for another Dem the way Illinois was going. I kind of regret the vote for Rauner but in Illinois we get such shit candidates to choose from. Now we get a Pritzker running against Rauner. Not sure if you are familiar with the Pritzkers but... more billionaires

Fuck the Illinois Democrats.

Literally the only way forward for Illinois is progressive income tax and properly taxing corporate wealth.

Now we have two billionaire candidates who will do neither.

https://newrepublic.com/article/145...billionaire-venture-capitalist-critical-races

It's not really difficult to criticize either party in the US for anybody with a few brain cells left.
Is anybody here really enthusiastic about either Democrats or Republicans?
I don't mean that people aren't partisan hacks as long as it's Dems vs Republicans, that's obviously the case. But just from evaluating a single party without comparing it to their political opponent, and putting memes and trolling aside, are there a lot of people here who honestly come to the conclusion that their party is 'awesome', right on almost everything etc?
Maybe Jack is a Democrats fan, I don't know but I can't think of anybody else.
It's probably much harder to criticize one's political views or ideology or admit that there are drawbacks and downside to one's ideas.

Donald Trump is one of the worst presidents in the history of the United States of America.

Alabama electing Roy Moore is beyond sad.

Trump has constantly surrounded himself with sub-par staff and the turnover rate shows his lack of experience in politics.

He should stay off Twitter.

Trump and anyone else he associated with should be jailed if they are found to be connected to Russia’s interference in the election.

Should I keep going?
Nicely done, it's good enough. Membership has its privileges.

Here is a real question

What if the Dow doubles under trump the first term. What if unemployment drops to like a 60 year low. What if ISIS is destroyed. What if EVERYONES wages go up including all minorities. What if Gas is cheap.

If all this is going on at the end of his first term. Will those that dislike Trump support him. Or will him being a big jerk override the good that was done
You'd have to explain what Trump did to influence those. Of course if Trump does a good job I will say he did a good job. But 9 months in he is fucking tanking. Admittedly, it could be worse. But it could be a whole lot better, especially if you like Republican policies.

I'm not in the middle. The democrat party and left has gone so far left, that the political middle is still sometimes wacky liberal.
Why don't you explain how the [sic] "democrat party" moved to the left bc I can show you conclusively how the party moved to the right.

To wit:

The ACA is market based

CapnTrade is market based

Clinton brought us work not welfare

The Grand Bargain of Obama was to cut Social Security

The ACA is not UHC, which the left wanted.

NAFTA and CAFTA are not pro labor.

Obama extended the ruinous Bush tax cuts.

Where is this rightward shift? shemale bathrooms? I don't know, you tell me.

Where's the gun control? Where's any gun control? It's been 23 days since one of the worst massacres of gun violence happened and there was no response. Maybe it was bc it was a rich white guy pulling the trigger. I don't know.

- Left of comforting homosexuals with hugs and thoughts of guaranteed brain-boiling before stoning them in the street

- Right of being able to abort your teenager

Something, something.

Signing in.

Carry on.

you just said that youre for pro-gun control after the las vegas shooting

you disagree with almost every single republican platform and cant stop criticizing trump, even in unrelated threads outside the WR

how far do you have to be before you arent "in the middle" anymore
This.

Lmao Overrustle making a "middle of the road" thread.

Was a democrat but changed to independent before Obamas first term. Hildawg comes off as an ice queen, was too cocky, and can't hide her reptilian nature. Sanders 15 dollars an hour and free college was probably unrealistic.

If you ain't able to criticize your party/ candidate/rep, this thread ain't for you, you're a fucking hack.

This is for the middle of the road.
I voted Hillary and criticized her 2nd Amendment position, still do.
I've only ever been registered as a Republican, at 18. No party affiliation since.

I mean, I know it's boring not having all your thoughts predecided for you but that's being independent.

Join us.
You are as far from the middle as possible. You belong in the psycho section

I hate the GOP more than the DNC.

The GOP is far more corrupt and self-serving. Their only redeemable quality is that they are fairly open about it.

I only vote repub for the 2nd amendment. That's pretty much the only real issue I agree with them on.

With all that said I'm not the middle. Most would consider my views extreme.

Every country comparable to the US, anyways.

Maybe we've just giving up on this whole "civilization" thing and are going for 3rd World GOAT status.

countries-with-universal-health-care1.jpg
its ok, if you break a limb you can use your AR as a splint, problem solved..
Edit, Islam is medieval bullshit, it should join the 19th or 20th century at least.
career politicians on all sides are on the whole lying venal motherfuckers, with very few exceptions, they have to be forced to do the right thing most of the time.

Last edited:
Back