WRDL: Sign up sheet, Debate Topics & Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 and 10 both seem interesting (and I have strong feelings on both) but overly broad. I imagine the work that would just go into the opening statement, and it seems pretty intimidating. I guess 10 is less so, so I'll put in for that.

@Limbo Pete
10-ag

I still want to debate the myth of institutional Racism in America or any of the race related social topics -- obviously I am against the idea that blacks or other minorities are disadvantaged or the victims of any type of institutional/"systemic" racism, or whatever term my opponent would like to give it.

@Limbo Pete @Fawlty @JDragon
I would be interested in arguing a pro-choice position on an abortion debate for #8 or #13.
It would have to be at the end of spring or early summer, though. I am wrapping up grad school+working full time, so I won't have very much time to work on it until after the semester concludes. If that's too far from now, I'd understand.

EDIT:
8 - Pro choice
13 - Pro choice

Last edited:
when does the wall debate begin?

@HIMBOB added you to the pool with choices
@Jack V Savage I gotcha. And i'll look at reframing some of the questions in a sec.

Last edited:
I closed question 9. Fawlty and nickerson will take that up at a later point.
Dang, that's the only one I'd be interested and confident enough to take on(against if it isn't obvious from my posting history). Oh well, sounds like too much work for me anyway.

Dang, that's the only one I'd be interested and confident enough to take on(against if it isn't obvious from my posting history). Oh well, sounds like too much work for me anyway.
Anything not dealt with in that list that interests you?

Anything not dealt with in that list that interests you?
Like I said, none of them are topics I'd be interested or confident enough in taking on and on virtually all of them there is probably a poster on this forum better suited for it. On 10 I would argue against but @Jack V Savage would do a far better job of taking on that. I'm also against an assault weapons bans but there are probably a few gun nut posters here like @Cubo de Sangre who know the ins and outs of firearms and firearm legislation better than I so he'd argue that position better.

I'll try to think of a topic that interests me that might make sense for a debate.

On a side note there should be an option related to the transgender issue. Not sure I'd be the one to take that on either but it would be interesting to see.

Like I said, none of them are topics I'd be interested or confident enough in taking on and on virtually all of them there is probably a poster on this forum better suited for it. On 10 I would argue against but @Jack V Savage would do a far better job of taking on that. I'm also against an assault weapons bans but there are probably a few gun nut posters here like @Cubo de Sangre who know the ins and outs of firearms and firearm legislation better than I so he'd argue that position better.

I'll try to think of a topic that interests me that might make sense for a debate.

On a side note there should be an option related to the transgender issue. Not sure I'd be the one to take that on either but it would be interesting to see.
Ahhhh that's a good idea. Transgender issues could have some great potential. I'd be specifically curious how people argue enforcement.

Ahhhh that's a good idea. Transgender issues could have some great potential. I'd be specifically curious how people argue enforcement.
Honestly if @m52nickerson let me take his place I think I could do very well. He already had a chance at a debate but at the same time he got first dibs and the rules are the rules.

Honestly if @m52nickerson let me take his place I think I could do very well. He already had a chance at a debate but at the same time he got first dibs and the rules are the rules.
This is all pretty flexible so you might be able to work something out.

This is all pretty flexible so you might be able to work something out.

I would be alright with that. I do what to debate more, but I was mostly trying to get more debates going!

Alright cool.

Now where are the rules again?
You can find the rules/procedures linked in the current debate thread sticky, in the OP. I'm cool debating boots on the ground w/you or m52nickerson, whatever you guys decide, I think either way the conversation will be worthwhile. Probably toward end of the month is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back