WRDL: Sign up sheet, Debate Topics & Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jack V Savage @Greoric @ncordless @Cold Front @Falsedawn
@Starman @Voodoo_Child906 @m52nickerson @Thurisaz @Gandhi @Cubo de Sangre @meauneau @Amerikuracana @Fawlty @nostradumbass @HIMBOB @Kafir-kun @Captain Davis
@JDragon @snakedafunky @Quipling @JudoThrowFiasco @Gutter Chris

I've tagged you all because you're signed up. Working through updating/revamping the topic list since it's been a while at this point and it could use some airing out and sprucing up.
Any and all thoughts, comments, suggestions about new topics, or improving old ones, are welcome.

After finals Tuesday I should be good to jump back in here.

Id like a debate on energy policy if possible.

Also anybody who wants to debate, be considered for judging, suggest an interesting format, submit topics, etc., please drop a line here itt or by pm

@Starman @Voodoo_Child906 @m52nickerson @Thurisaz @Gandhi @Cubo de Sangre @meauneau @Amerikuracana @Fawlty @nostradumbass @HIMBOB @Kafir-kun @Captain Davis

I've tagged you all because you're signed up. Working through updating/revamping the topic list since it's been a while at this point and it could use some airing out and sprucing up.
Any and all thoughts, comments, suggestions about new topics, or improving old ones, are welcome.

I'm still down to take on any gun-control goofs. Not much else I have the appetite to do the research on and the specific challenges I issued were declined. So I'll argue against an assault weapon ban, for carrying a gun in public, and against the NFA and any other federal regulation.

Happy to be a judge on a topic.

I'm still down to take on any gun-control goofs. Not much else I have the appetite to do the research on and the specific challenges I issued were declined. So I'll argue against an assault weapon ban, for carrying a gun in public, and against the NFA and any other federal regulation.

Happy to be a judge on a topic.
Roger that
And we can definitely put you in the judge pool

I'd love to do a healthcare debate, but you'd probably have to take the lead on that one, Fawltybud. I'm out of my depth on a lot of that stuff. It's a very popular topic, though. Hey Jack, do you think you could come up with a debate prompt for us about healthcare? I'm all ears for suggestions. I'm also combing through threads right now trying to put together other ideas to refresh the topic list in general. Anybody who reads this, feel free to throw suggestions our way.

There are so many angles to take here. I think it would be better if someone who wanted to argue it chimed in specifically with what point they want to make. I'm interested in seeing whether anyone can make even a remotely plausible case that anything the GOP has been doing is intellectually or morally defensible.

It's interesting how there are a lot of posters here who will defend Trump to the death, but no one who really argues in defense of his policy positions (defense of his rhetoric, yes).

Meh, was kinda intersted in the debate league at first, but it's kind of burned out. I guess I'd still do it if push came to shove, but the topics got kind of hackey. Shit has gotten like really specific.

Meh, was kinda intersted in the debate league at first, but it's kind of burned out. I guess I'd still do it if push came to shove, but the topics got kind of hackey. Shit has gotten like really specific.
Fair enough. Let us know if there are any topics that interest you in the future.

Fair enough. Let us know if there are any topics that interest you in the future.
Well like even the first one with thuriaz and @snakedafunky, I think it was "prove the Christian God". Thuriaz actually did a decent job but was fighting an uphill the whole time. If we just started big and let the conversation whittle itself down, would seem like more of organic debate.

Well like even the first one with thuriaz and @snakedafunky, I think it was "prove the Christian God". Thuriaz actually did a decent job but was fighting an uphill the whole time. If we just started big and let the conversation whittle itself down, would seem like more of organic debate.
Some are naturally going to have more specific criteria, such as the recent civil war topic, while others will be more broad. We are still working the kinks out though tbh.

Some are naturally going to have more specific criteria, such as the recent civil war topic, while others will be more broad. We are still working the kinks out though tbh.
I think it would have been an interesting discussion if it was philosophically defend Christianity. I'm not even a Christian, but I'd take that one if someone wanted the other side. Jews too, basically any religion that isn't Islam. Jews are actually easier than Christians.

I think it would have been an interesting discussion if it was philosophically defend Christianity. I'm not even a Christian, but I'd take that one if someone wanted the other side.
I think we could do philosophy debates. That's outside my wheelhouse personally, but I imagine we could make it work. @Fawlty or @JDragon would probably be better equipped to build it.

The debate threads were the best thing to happen to this place for a while...unfortunately for my involvement in the place it used to be that when I wanted to waste time it was vid games and WR and now all of a sudden at age 46 (closer to 47 ouch) I have found BJJ again and it's become my new grind. Work, father, and spare grinding time when I can find it time has largely gone to studying new techniques and humping my grappling dummy.

The debate threads were the best thing to happen to this place for a while...
I reckon jdragon would be better than fawlty. If you want, just let me know, cause I'm good for either one.

Anybody wants some, I'm ready. Energy is fine with me.

Data collection?

Merging with tech?

North Korea?

Wtevr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back