Wrestler vs Wrestler fights where one dominated in the wrestling department?

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score
What are some match ups that have happened where both fighters are known for their high-level wrestling, but one guy was able to dominate the other in the wrestling department and the fight didn't end up being a striking match?

Cummins (elite D1 All-American and championship runner up) got easily outwrestled and beaten up by Anderson (D3 wrestler)

Kim (judoka not a wrestler, but a great grappler known for his wall n stall and takedowns) getting son'd by Covington

Darrion Caldwell out-grappled and out-wrestled Shawn Bunch in Bellator.
Jon Fitch vs Jake Shields, I can't remember anything about Shields' wrestling career, but he was pretty good.
Josh Koscheck vs Anthony Johnson, same as above.
Tito Ortiz vs Chael Sonnen

Khabib has trained in wrestling and was good at a cadet level vs Michael Johnson who wrestled too.. but I don't think he was very good at it
Islam Makhachev/Rustam Khabilov vs Chris Wade

Rashad Evans-Phil Davis
That one was seriously shocking, Rashad just schooled him, made the fact that Davis wore his singlet to the weigh ins that much more embarrassing for him.

tumblr_n642czZmh11rofocqo1_500.gif

tumblr_n642xjEUtB1rofocqo1_500.gif

GSP soundly outwrestled Koscheck, but mind you he also soundly outstruck him as well.

What are some match ups that have happened where both fighters are known for their high-level wrestling, but one guy was able to dominate the other in the wrestling department and the fight didn't end up being a striking match?
Beast vs Beneteau
Beast vs Coleman
Marvin Eastman vs Rampage

Jones vs DC I is the obvious answer, although Jones pretty much turned into a freestyle fighter.

Randy Couture vs Tito Ortiz
GSP vs Josh Koscheck #1

Back