Wrestler vs Wrestler Game

the ambush

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Welcome to the "wrestler vs wrestler" game thread.

Now all I request is for you to ask a fellow poster to pick the winner to who was greater; hence individual wrestler vs individual wrestler, tag team vs tag team, stable vs stable, or manager vs manager. Wrestlers are allowed to be repeated of course. As soon as the next poster picks a winner then they will post the next "vs" match and choose whichever match (individual wrestler vs individual wrestler, tag team vs tag team, etc) they want, no specific order. What I would like to stay away from is a non-traditional tag team with only like one match, for example Stone Cold & Shawn Michaels do not count as a legit tag team. I will start off, next poster picks winner and "vs" match.

Chris Jericho vs Kurt Angle

It's close, but I'll go with Angle. Both had great in-ring work, great mic skills, looked like wrestlers, and their gimmicks fit their real-life persona's(more or less). Peak Angle, though, was arguably the best in the business.

Next:

Bret vs Shawn

image.jpeg

Shawn. I consider Shawn to be history's best all around. Great mic work. Great ring work. Natural charisma. And the A-number-one big match performer. Bret is an all-time great but I don't consider him in the conversation for the greatest.

Trish Stratus
-or-
MadUSA Miceli

As a performer, I'll take Ms. Alundra Blayze :) all day andy day. Was a legit star as a female wrestler and set the bar high not only in the US but also a Joshi. It's really hard to find a legit argument for Trish outside of boobs and WWE exposure.

Rey Mysterio Jr vs Eddie Guerrero

Eddie fucking Guerrero.
24ecr37.gif

Austin vs Rock
6afa2a23ead4ff20c1b30a45030f1647.jpg

Sting and it's not even close. Look at career longevity, relevance, promo intelligibility, ring work...

Warrior had more exposure for a fairly short amount of time, resulting in a memorable character. Sting was having 30 minute draws with Flair, becoming "The Franchise," evolving into "Crow" Sting on his way to an iconic career.

Midnight Express
-or-
Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard

We talking Eaton and Lane? If so, the answer is Midnight Express.

Hardy Boyz or Edge and Christian

Hardy's via having left a bigger impact on the tag division. Though it's still close IMHO.

For the record:
1. Bret-was more over, had the more complete in-ring game, and never went out his of way to bury other talent
2. Idk
3. Eddie-Ray revolutionized the role of the smaller wrestler on the roster, but Eddie was simply the man
4. Austin-Both are among the best ever, but Austin was the face of the AE
5. Austin-Hogan undoubtedly had the bigger impact on the business, but Austin was the better wrestler
6. Sting-greater longevity, better worker
7. Idk

Next: Curt Hennig or Scott Hall?

Hennig. Good match up here. IMO Perfect was the total package in his prime. Hall is up there but I do not consider him a greater legend than Hennig.

Undertaker vs Andre The Giant

Last edited:
Hennig. IMO Perfect was just about the total package in his prime. Hall is up there but I do not consider him a legend like Hennig.

Undertaker vs Andre The Giant
I'm going with Taker. I will add, though, that I have not seen much of anything of Andre in his prime. All I've really seen of him is his later WWF days. Even then, he played the part of the monster heel to near perfection.

But in my mind, Taker is the GOAT big man. His in-ring work for a man his size is unparralled. His promos have always been on point. He's had the same gimmick over for 25 years. He works as both heel and face. Let alone having the universal respect of his peers, and the injuries he's work through.

Next: Rick Rude or Owen Heart?

I'm going with Taker. I will add, though, that I have not seen much of anything of Andre in his prime. All I've really seen of him is his later WWF days. Even then, he played the part of the monster heel to near perfection.

But in my mind, Taker is the GOAT big man. His in-ring work for a man his size is unparralled. His promos have always been on point. He's had the same gimmick over for 25 years. He works as both heel and face. Let alone having the universal respect of his peers, and the injuries he's work through.

Next: Rick Rude or Owen Heart?

Rick Rude.

The Steiner Brothers or the British Bulldogs

Rick Rude.

The Steiner Brothers or the British Bulldogs

Any particular reason why you chose Rude?

But to answer your question, I think the obvious answer is the Steiners. They are one of a small number of tab teams in the GOAT discussion. Dynamite and Davey Boy were great, but not quite on that level.

Next: Ron Simmons or JBL?

JBL. Never really got to watch Farooq in his prime but JBL seems to have the better legacy.

Kane vs Big Show.

JBL. Never really got to watch Farooq in his prime but JBL seems to have the better legacy.

Kane vs Big Show.
That's a tough one. Both have pretty specific niche's they fill on the roster, have similar skill sets, and have had very similar career trajectories, starting out working on top, until they settled into midcard positions for the remainder of their careers. I'll go with Show, but you might as well flip a coin.

Next: Iron Sheik or Sgt Slaughter?

Back