Wrestlers who most likely have CTE brain damage

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The recent incident with Rockin' Rebel reminded me of Krispin Wah and CTE as a whole. Made me wonder which wrestlers today are walking around with CTE. Which wrestlers do you think got hit a little too much?

I'd say almost any star in the original ECW

Tommy Dreamer definitely has CTE, I'll be shocked if he's not a shell of his former self in 10 years He ate chairs for dinner his entire career. Sabu is probably up there too. New Jack and Mick Foley are ridiculously obvious answers. CTE was found in Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten, I think.

Maybe some independent vanilla midget wrestlers we've never heard of or care to hear of doing anything to get over with the crowd. Those are the guys that are really going to have a hard time functioning later in life with their lack of understanding of what the cost is to their bodies. plus without the money to help them survive independent of family.

Wrestlers like Mick Foley made the most out of his brain damage (?) by seguing into things that use his brain instead of his body. It doesn't mean he isn't dealing with ongoing issues.

I don't know if Tommy Dreamer is that bad, seeing that he is running a company. I mean he could be struggling with things or simply deferring certain tasks that his brain won't allow to others.

It is sad what wresting turned into in the 90's where a chair shot was an occasional spot, often worked safely, to showing no regard for one another and used frequently. The big bumps are also a major contributor as well. Just because someone doesn't get knocked out cold doesn't mean thy didn't get a concussion.

TBI affects everyone differently. It's not even about the number of concussions necessarily, but the severity. I speak from personal experience.

No sports entertainers have it.

<VinceCa$h>

Back