Wrestling and Jiu Jitsu?

The senior men are fully funded just like any other sport. There was a scholarship that fully funded a junior team that was reduced. This was to pay for their college tuition, room, and board. That is based out of Northern Michigan. Its still running but doesnt have the quality of athletes it did when it was a full scholarship program.
This program at the University of Northern Michigan, did it not apply to senior level wrestlers as well? It seemed for a while the quality of competitors coming out of that program was on par with Colorado Springs. Even though Im sure many of those NMU guys spent time at the OTC as well.

How about the US Army WCAP? is that still putting out top grecoists?

damn thats crazy i remember in 2007 here being a blue belt was considered good lol the first time a black belt came here people were in awe lol

Lol... for real... there are only a bunch of us from back then though...

This program at the University of Northern Michigan, did it not apply to senior level wrestlers as well? It seemed for a while the quality of competitors coming out of that program was on par with Colorado Springs. Even though Im sure many of those NMU guys spent time at the OTC as well.

How about the US Army WCAP? is that still putting out top grecoists?
It didnt apply to most senior level competitors because most senior competitors were already All Americans and graduated college already.

WCAP is still putting out top guys, but are nowhere near as powerful as they were when I was wrestling.

Is Jiu Jitsu getting bigger in Russia? I mean, any comparison with sambo is still premature?
That is an interesting question, and to answer it - yes. Especially no gi. Ever since EBI and other submission only formats have come out, BJJ and grappling in general has been getting bigger and bigger. There are more tournaments like that over here now, more BJJ (in gi) tournaments than before. It is really cool to see. Even Brazilians move here to teach. It surprisingly is the same in Central Asia (namely Kazakhstan). Very cool to see these countries getting boost in BJJ, when they are all typically wrestling, judo (and sambo) and boxing dominated countries.

Back