wrestling coach called this move the kelly??

JustHeadthrows

White Belt
Reaction score
its a counter to when yur opponent sprawls back on yur high c or firemans. you hold tight on the tricep/elbow n roll down to yur shoulder, on the side you have the arm, in a kinda twisting motion. you pin the guys arm down, pop the legs out as the free arm provides momentum to turn him over, then circle for the pin or back.

my coaches called it the kelly n i rly like hitting this move, but i cant find it on youtube is it maybe called by a different name??

dump or barrell roll

some people block the knee like in this video, I prefer to keep the arm on the leg like an outside carry or up on the hip. But really, it is the tight tricep grip that is the key

There is a series called the kelly series i also learned it from a wrestler but i cant seem to find anything on it anywhere....

Kellys, peak outs, dumps, drags, shucks, that is my game son, its my favortie type of bait in wrestling, expecting the sprawl and having a chain of moves off of it. any Front headlock questions you have, i have the answer.

some only work towards teh F.headlock and some only work away from it. Kelly is away form the F. headlock.

Kellys, peak outs, dumps, drags, shucks, that is my game son, its my favortie type of bait in wrestling, expecting the sprawl and having a chain of moves off of it. any Front headlock questions you have, i have the answer.

It's a position I hate. What are your favorite escapes/reversals from there in a BJJ context where you have to worry about chokes? (Anaconda, darce, guillotines...). I usually try to sit out or pull butterfly guard, but I find the position very frustrating.

It's a position I hate. What are your favorite escapes/reversals from there in a BJJ context where you have to worry about chokes? (Anaconda, darce, guillotines...). I usually try to sit out or pull butterfly guard, but I find the position very frustrating.

I'm having difficulty implementing it in a BJJ context because I always get arm triangled, seems like I'm doing something wrong

I saw dirty mention it in another thread and was hoping someone could chime in

dump or barrell roll

some people block the knee like in this video, I prefer to keep the arm on the leg like an outside carry or up on the hip. But really, it is the tight tricep grip that is the key

And then I pull my head into the arm-in guillotine position, extend my arm across the body, fall to my side ... hmmm ... not feeling this. It's like an uke instructional for the anaconda choke.

I would keep that second arm tight if you were trying this, rather than extending it like that across the body as though you were gift wrapping the anaconda for your opponent. You can sometimes dump your opponent that way, while protecting against the horror of the arm-in guillotine/anaconda choke.

[YT]Nw2xfELw4wc[/YT]

As a rassler, and a BJJ guy, i actually favor the sucker drag out of a front headlock position. I suck at embedding but youtube it, i find it keeps me out of choke danger, and usually leads to an easy back take.

This is not a kelly. A kelly is basically the opposite of a drag in a front head lock. Instead of dragging the arm in front of you, you spin under the arm that has your head. The move you posted is a simple dump

clip.gif

is this a kelly?

If you do that in MMA/BJJ against anyone who is worth their salt you might as well write a little letter, or even buy them a card and write them a small message along the lines of 'please anaconda choke me' seal it, send it them and then give them your arm as you roll over.

And then I pull my head into the arm-in guillotine position, extend my arm across the body, fall to my side ... hmmm ... not feeling this. It's like an uke instructional for the anaconda choke.

Not really a factor in a wrestling match...

This is why you pull your head out when your are going for a near side dump. You also do this in wrestling so they cannot front headlock/roll through.

This is why you pull your head out when your are going for a near side dump. You also do this in wrestling so they cannot front headlock/roll through.

I'd really like to see the video if you make one, it would definitely clear it up for me. I've heard people call a peterson roll a gazoni and was pretty confused

I'd really like to see the video if you make one, it would definitely clear it up for me. I've heard people call a peterson roll a gazoni and was pretty confused

I had never heard of a Gazoni before so I had to look it up and this was the video I found which is definitely not like a Peterson Roll.

Back