Wrestling Definitions

Tony40

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I guess I need to start from the basics....Can anyone give me the definition of extended and position?

I guess I need to start from the basics....Can anyone give me the definition of extended and position?
yeah seems like theres alot of moves with different names as well like cow catcher cement mixer ect only website i know of that somewhat has a basic structure and basic lesson plans of kolats site he has alot of free stuff on the site it doesnt have a ton of mat wrestling though

Post where you heard this - video/article.

Position is often used as a term for base position or good position. Coaches will yell out "position", asking for the wrestler to be mindful of not getting out of position or to immediately fight back to a good base position. Extended means you get out of basic position, and elongated which is bad. You usually get extended when you fail to keep good positioning on a leg attack.

yeah seems like theres alot of moves with different names as well like cow catcher cement mixer ect only website i know of that somewhat has a basic structure and basic lesson plans of kolats site he has alot of free stuff on the site it doesnt have a ton of mat wrestling though

That's a regional difference afaik (cement mixer is Pennsylvanian I think; "cement job" comes specifically from Cary Kolat??). Actually, speaking of Kolat, his short videos give a TON of technique names and I use them as references quite a bit: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC1WdLqjv2YpzZ-0GX6G7fw

That's a regional difference afaik (cement mixer is Pennsylvanian I think; "cement job" comes specifically from Cary Kolat??). Actually, speaking of Kolat, his short videos give a TON of technique names and I use them as references quite a bit: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC1WdLqjv2YpzZ-0GX6G7fw

well some people iv seen call a cow catcher a cement job to me a cement job/mixer is from front headlock if i can control there far wrist or they try to grab my hand i roll them like a gator roll thigh pry is another one of guys call thigh pry singles different things

Back