wrestling pins for mma

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
do you guys think spiral ride is a good move in mma off a double if they try to turtle? good guys dont play guard anymore, soon as you take them down they are trying to get back up. im wanting to focus on breakdowns and control because keep having to take a guy down will gas you in the first round, and thats no way to go out.

id love to see more of this type of stuff. guys in the last few years have gotten really good at building there base back up thats why weidman has been losing lately i think. he hits a run the pipe single and guys pop right back up and hes gassed. what are some good techniques or rules thing to look for right away to stop standing up in your opinion?

do you guys think spiral ride is a good move in mma off a double if they try to turtle? good guys dont play guard anymore, soon as you take them down they are trying to get back up. im wanting to focus on breakdowns and control because keep having to take a guy down will gas you in the first round, and thats no way to go out.

id love to see more of this type of stuff. guys in the last few years have gotten really good at building there base back up thats why weidman has been losing lately i think. he hits a run the pipe single and guys pop right back up and hes gassed. what are some good techniques or rules thing to look for right away to stop standing up in your opinion?
Do you watch Bjj scout

yeha iv seen a few and they are cool but its not the same as an instructional going over tiny details and going slow im surprised not more videos of this is out cause it seems that is where most grapplers lose in mma

yeha iv seen a few and they are cool but its not the same as an instructional going over tiny details and going slow im surprised not more videos of this is out cause it seems that is where most grapplers lose in mma
The Askren and Khabib studies need to be watched repeatedly. Learn the basic breakdowns and rides

This will be a good start

Spiral to the Truck is my main entry

Punishing Rides by Josh Barnett has everything you could ever want on this front.

i normally use spiral rides and pop and chop i just wana find the best techniques for this and not have to use strength other than pins id love to see some good greco stuff from over under almost everyfight guys get to over under

i normally use spiral rides and pop and chop i just wana find the best techniques for this and not have to use strength other than pins id love to see some good greco stuff from over under almost everyfight guys get to over under
“Not use strength” seriously?

The not using strength part I really doubt is going to work out...

obviously you have to use strength n wrestling but i mean just trying to power guys over using proper technique like if a guy just tries to slam a guy on a double vs a good level change and cutting the corner with technique too

A well timed double leg is a triumph of perspicacity.

Honestly you'd be using a lot more effort trying to wrangle a single in a way people often describe as 'technical' than by doing what someone like Jordan Burroughs or GSP does.

Last edited:
obviously you have to use strength n wrestling but i mean just trying to power guys over using proper technique like if a guy just tries to slam a guy on a double vs a good level change and cutting the corner with technique too
Before I even give you advice or technique.. did you actually watch the video I posted

Before I even give you advice or technique.. did you actually watch the video I posted
lol yes iv watched thata while back i use to watch there youtube channel alot

iv also been watching brendan dorman mma study is alot like bjj scout and he does vids on everyone

lol yes iv watched thata while back i use to watch there youtube channel alot

iv also been watching brendan dorman mma study is alot like bjj scout and he does vids on everyone
Have you been actually trying it in sparring. Because the simple fact is.. getting good at riding is the same as getting good at escaping to your feet, after a certain amount of technique, it’s attitude plus a little bit of feel

Have you actually put someone in turtle and worked on controlling wrists

Have you been actually trying it in sparring. Because the simple fact is.. getting good at riding is the same as getting good at escaping to your feet, after a certain amount of technique, it’s attitude plus a little bit of feel

Have you actually put someone in turtle and worked on controlling wrists
yes but unfortunately for me the guys i train with arnt good at building base and standing up no wrestlers so i kinda get to do what i want with them cause atm where i live isnt that good highest level are 3 purple belts im moving to orlando florida soon n thats why i was asking about the wrestling there

yes but unfortunately for me the guys i train with arnt good at building base and standing up no wrestlers so i kinda get to do what i want with them cause atm where i live isnt that good highest level are 3 purple belts im moving to orlando florida soon n thats why i was asking about the wrestling there
Lol if that’s the case, go to Southeastern University and ask to train and train with the UCF guys.. it will be enlightening

Lol if that’s the case, go to Southeastern University and ask to train and train with the UCF guys.. it will be enlightening

I live 30 min from SEU and I have seen you mention them a few times. Are you from the area?

i cant wait i just hope they dont get annoyed with me if i dont scramble correctly on the ground

seu has a team too? i thought the only college was ucf that had a wrestling team im not familiar with orlando besides kissimmee area as i use to be a prince for disney back in 2013-14

I live 30 min from SEU and I have seen you mention them a few times. Are you from the area?
Nope, I’m from Ohio lol. I went to the same College as coach Javier, a few years after him. And I also know coach Tribet who coached at Osceola and was teammates in college with and coached by a couple of Osceola high school alum. I seriously looked at potentially coaching in central Florida or North Georgia before moving back to Ohio. I try to keep track though.

I’m a big fan of coach Javier Maldonado, and the fact the fact he’s been able to establish a varsity college wrestling program in the state of Florida, given the political stuff and red tape involved is amazing.

Back