Wrist pain

Noodles03

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hi, when it comes to throwing the right cross against the punch shield, I can feel a slight pain in my right wrist. However, I don't have this problem on the heavy bag or mitts work, just when punching the punch shield. I'm pretty sure this is a technique issue and I'm hoping that some of you guys can give me some tips to elude some of the wrist pain. Thank you.

Hi, when it comes to throwing the right cross against the punch shield, I can feel a slight pain in my right wrist. However, I don't have this problem on the heavy bag or mitts work, just when punching the punch shield. I'm pretty sure this is a technique issue and I'm hoping that some of you guys can give me some tips to elude some of the wrist pain. Thank you.

Is it always the same person holding the punch shield?

Are they intercepting the punch and if so is it with any force?

Is it always the same person holding the punch shield?

Are they intercepting the punch and if so is it with any force?

It's always been with the same person who had held the punch shield, however next time that I go, I'll have another person hold the punch shield.

Yes, he always intercept the punch with force.

It's always been with the same person who had held the punch shield, however next time that I go, I'll have another person hold the punch shield.

Yes, he always intercept the punch with force.

Yes, try it with another person and also try asking the original person to use less force/interception it may be this causing the problem, my opinion is that the person is intercepting the punches is doing so too early and this is causing you to continually impact the target without full extension and hurting your wrists.

Yes, try it with another person and also try asking the original person to use less force/interception it may be this causing the problem, my opinion is that the person is intercepting the punches is doing so too early and this is causing you to continually impact the target without full extension and hurting your wrists.
i'm shocked, that was actually an intelligent response. we know you didn't get that from experience.

Yeah that sounds right. Had a guy jam it too deep and jacked my wrist once. Its just a slight turn so the holder doesn't blow their shoulder ,but these cats hold like their striking

Back