WSJ: Silicon Valley Struggles to Add Conservatives to Its Ranks

Shoemaker

****INSIDIOUS****
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://www.wsj.com/articles/silicon-valley-struggles-to-add-conservatives-to-its-ranks-1512136801

This summer, Twitter Inc.’s new diversity chief met employees to discuss whether they felt welcome at work. Among those who said they sometimes felt excluded, according to people familiar with the matter, were conserv-atives.

The feedback reflects the strains in Silicon Valley as technology companies seek to bolster diversity of all kinds among their hundreds of thousands of employees. For the mostly left-leaning companies that includes cultivating ideological variety, just as they are trying to with underrepresented groups like women and minorities.

Read more at WSJ.com

I agree, actually. I worked as a software developer in Silicon Valley for about 5 years. I tend to be a liberal-libertarian (maybe a constitutionalist?), so my views on the second amendment for instance don’t go over well, and I had managers/GMs who would be vocal about conservatives/republicans being “evil” or other such terms. One of them even used the companies Twitter account to share his personal views (without ramification). I knew other people who were libertarians who felt the same.

Any of you in tech in the Bay Area? What’s been your experience?

I know this was published by that horrible liberal rag The Wall Street Journal, but we can still entertain it’s position....

I don’t know what other kind of response I was expecting, honestly.
Horeshit. You knew full well when posting that it would consist of mainly the derp brigade going "hurrrr durrrr...trump! Hurrrr durrrr conservetards!"

When I was working (health care), I was too busy working to discuss politics. Plus, I knew better than to discuss politics or religion at work (or anywhere). Why aren't people working at work rather than discussing non-work related issues.

They should hire the best people for the job.

You know you've seized market monopoly by the time you can pick and choose between "diverse" identities.

Horeshit. You knew full well when posting that it would consist of mainly the derp brigade going "hurrrr durrrr...trump! Hurrrr durrrr conservetards!"

Except that I agree with the articles premise.

Do you piss all over the urinals and walls? Then go home and stroke your guns because you need them to feel alpha!?
You sound tough. A Roy Moore kinda guy.
The derp brigade on cue....

When I was working (health care), I was too busy working to discuss politics. Plus, I knew better than to discuss politics or religion at work (or anywhere). Why aren't people working at work rather than discussing non-work related issues.

That’s a good question.

Do you piss all over the urinals and walls? Then go home and stroke your guns because you need them to feel alpha!?
You sound tough. A Roy Moore kinda guy.
No joke, one time I was at the movies ( one of those giant megaplex ones) and I went into the bathroom to take a leak and someone had shatted right into a urinal. There were tons of toilets and they chose a urinal even knowing that they were taking a chance of being caught. It seems they didn't even wipe. Amazing.

Back