WSM 2018 (spoilers)

nhbfan8080

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The big 3 guys (Thor, Shaw, Z) are in. Janashia, Kielszkowski, Oberst, Caron, Licis also qualified.

Thor looked good except for the arm over arm event. Comments said Giant Biby got ill before the qualifiers which is a shame.

Gonna watch live this weekend. Be glad to see these guys live especially big z! Hope I can get a pic with him but I understand if its not allowed.

please don't spoil the winner's name in a thread title like some dork did 2 or 3 years ago.
i don't know when i find the time to watch the whole heats and final.

thank you and have fun.

Even with Hall out of the picture, is Zavickas still the #3 guy?

I don't follow WSM super close, but from what I've heard and seen he's pretty far past his prime.

I've seen guys like Licis and even Caron and Pritchett do some pretty impressive stuff in individual lifts lately. Not that I'd know if that's the same as being Compleat strongmen.

Last edited:
Even with Hall out of the picture, is Zavickas still the #3 guy?
I don't follow WSM super close, but from what I've heard and seen he's pretty far past his prime.

I've seen guys like Licis and even Caron and Pritchett do some pretty impressive stuff in indivdual lifts lately. Not that I'd know if that's the same as being Compleat strongmen.

Savickas is probably still not in top shape since his injury last year. He's been top 3-5 for over 15 yrs which is a long time. I think Kielszkowski is the one to look for in coming years.
I don't follow WSM closely as well but this year is abit special because Thor might win it for the 1st time.

Someone (Bjorheim) helpfully did a spreadsheet and uploaded some videos of the finals.

Savickas is doing poorly because of an ankle/achilles injury from the heats.
Shaw missed a crucial 200kg overhead press which pushed him down 4.5 points(for that event) below Thor who won the event with 205kg. Licis/Kielszkowski are neck and neck for 3rd place.

Last edited:
So yeah got to watch it. The winner was full beastmode and he looked like he really wanted it. Happy for him. The wsm page spoiled the winner btw.

Had a pic with Big Z. Awesome guy, had a pic with everyone who asked. Also saw legends kaz and magnus.

That matthias kid is strong.

Kieliszkowski could've won WSM this year if he had a decent deadlift/squat. He made big improvements to his pressing strength very recently from mediocre to very good but he needs to concentrate on his legs now.
If Janashia could get some proper sponsors, he would be another one to watch as well.

Hafthor was on a tear this year. Dude is driven for that title. After seeing him go at the Arnold's event...You could tell he has rabies for his first WSM title.

Kieliszkowski is definitely the future though, he keeps rising and rising. Can't wait to see him go in 2019 and 2020.

Back