***WSOF Bantamweight Champion, Marlon Moraes SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

(Q&A now over)

*****This is a Q&A for World Series of Fighting Bantamweight Champion, Marlon Moraes! He will answer your questions LIVE on THURSDAY, the 5th of January at 5:00 PM EST. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Marlon Moraes is one of the top BWs in the world & is currently ranked #4 in the worldwide rankings only behind former & current champions, TJ Dillashaw, Dominick Cruz & Cody Garbrandt. Marlon just recently defeated Josenaldo Silva via RD1 TKO at WSOF 34 in Madison Square Garden on New Years Eve.

11059599_1082650481762284_2464004880417707370_o.0.0.jpg

Marlon holds a 18-4-1 record & is currently riding a whopping thirteen fight win streak consisting of eight finishes(6 KOs/TKOs & 2 Submissions) & five decisions. He started his MMA career back in 2007 & is a black belt in Muay Thai & a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Some of his notable wins include the names of Miguel Torres, Carson Beebe, Tyson Nam, Josh Hill(twice), Sheymon Moraes, Josenaldo Silva & Cody Bollinger.

20140402075625_1DX_3901.JPG

Follow him here:

Twitter: @MMARLONMOARES
Instagram: mmarlonmoares
Facebook: Marlon Moraes FanPage

Last edited by a moderator:
First off .Congrats on your title defense. Are you disappointed that Saturdays fight ended with a Silva injury? And will we ever see you in the UFC?

Hey Marlon, appreciate your time, big fan.

I have a few questions, but I want to get your thoughts on how World Series Of Fighting has evolved in terms of a company, exposure and talent over the four years it's been active, considering you have been in the organization since the inaugural event back in 2012, stand alone as the only Bantamweight to hold their world title & have a very good relationship with the guys there.

You fought at the first ever WSOF event in front of a small crowd compared to today, and on Friday night you defended your title at Madison Square Garden on a huge card with several world titles on a great platform, which speaks volumes on how far WSOF have moved forward. A lot of marquee names have rejuvenated their careers to have some longevity in MMA by fighting for WSOF like Jon Fitch & Jake Shields. David Branch never looked like a world beater when he was in the UFC, yet has flourished under WSOF and now holds two titles in two different weights.

Considering WSOF has only been around for just over four or so years, how do you assess the progression of the company, where do you see them heading in the future and what about them interested you in signing at the start back in 2012?

Hi.

Don't know who you are bro but wanted to wish you all the best for 2017.

Aside from an immediate title shot, who would you like your first UFC opponent to be?

Hey Marlon

Who do you think would give you the most problems in the UFC BW division?

Sorry prob should have included this with my first question, but if you don't go to the UFC for your next fight would you consider a super fight with wsof fw champion Lance Palmer? I think it would be a great fight

Hey Marlon thanks for doing this!

1. What's your favorite Gegard Mousasi memory?
2. Do you train with Dezhan Morgan?

Hey Marlon,

Thanks for doing this. Who would you pick to win in a fight between TJ and Cody? Also, what's your favorite meal that you can't eat when your in camp?

First off .Congrats on your title defense. Are you disappointed that Saturdays fight ended with a Silva injury? And will we ever see you in the UFC?
I. Was but it's a fight,
I want the w n I got it

Hey Marlon

If you could improve one aspect of your overall MMA game by 10%, what would you choose?

Who is favourite fighter to watch? And who in your opinion is the best fighter in the world?

Thanks

Hi Marlon, I'm a amateur fighter from England.

I'm near 6ft (5'9) and could get to WW soon (I'm at 195lbs now).

I'm fairly well known on this board and I was wondering if you'd be up for sparring against me.

I can sort out the flights. Video goes on the forum later.

Cheers boss.

Also, nearly forgot, do you think Chael Sonnen has a chance at Bellator gold?

Falae Marlon, blza?! Forte abraço do Brasil! Congrats on your streak, man! So, do u have a preference of organization to compete next? Will it be the UFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back